It's Going to be Worth It

It's Going to be Worth It

"You sure about this, hyung?"

Jinki looks up the sky, the clouds are dark in hue brewing up a storm. He laughs at how the sky seems to be coinciding with the mood of the conversation they're having, "Yeah."

He heard the other sigh, his gaze going back down towards the person that is beside him. Even if the other had the hoodie of his jacket up, Jinki could still sense what the other was feeling. Jonghyun is one to wear his heart on his sleeves, anyway.

"Eight years."

Jinki gives him a nudge on the side, "C'mon now
, It's not like I'm already leaving tomorrow."


Jonghyun tried his best to not show his face to the older, but the hand that not-so-discreetly wiped the tears on his cheeks did not go unnoticed, "But you're still leaving, nonetheless."

He knows it's very selfish of him to make this kind of decision; but if he doesn't do this now, it will all be too late. Trying his best to console the younger, he placed a hand on Jonghyun's head and tried to ruffle his hair through the cloth. 

After a few moments of silence, Jonghyun's sniffs started to die down and the other felt relief. Jinki joked about him crying more than his mom when he told her; the next thing he knew, he was on the floor, Jonghyun giving him a jab on the stomach. It hurt like hell, but the smile that formed across the younger's face immediately made him feel loads better.

"But kidding aside, hyung. I'm happy for you. I am, really."

Grabbing on to the offered hand, he managed to get back on his feet, "Thanks, Jjong."

"I really do hope it's all worth it."

Jinki smiled.

"She is."