That's No-no

That's No-No

This is absurd, Mino mutters to himself, shaky hands gripping onto the edge of the cold marbled table. Absolutely ridiculous. He knocks his head against the table top. His only comfort is the shooting sharp pain.
Its 3 am. Mino is tired as hell. Mino is only thinking about how sweet some sleep would be. He’s certainly not mesmerized by someone’s gentle wheezing. He has most certainly not been etching the rise and fall of someone’s chest in his memory. Mino is not creepy. He most certainly has not been thinking of Kang Seungyoon. Not at 3am. Well, not at 3 pm neither. Not last week, not yesterday and most certainly, not right now. 

Yeah, right. Mino groanS again as the soft snores drifts into his ears again, promptly colouring the tips of his ears a bright pink. 








It’s not like Mino wanted his cheeks to flush a bright crimson whenever Seungyoon appeared within a 3 metres radius. It’s not like Mino asked for his tongue to get caught in all kinds of complicated knots with every single chuckle that escaped Seungyoon’s pretty normal (and very very very ordinary) mouth. It’s not Mino’s fault that Seungyoon made his heart hammer against his chest at a speed impossible for humans whenever he…exercised. Yeah. Mino should probably chill a little on the treadmill. Probably. Just in case there’s a misunderstanding, he’s not running so fast on purpose to impress Seungyoon! Most definitely not!



It’s chaos. His stomach is churning so much he feels like he’s starting to digest parts of his intestines. His heart seems to be on a perpetual marathon. Maybe he should see a doctor. 
“I am not thinking of Seungyoon,” Mino growls, gulping down a glass of iced water, “I have better things to do. Like rap”.
He glances at the digital clock in the hallway. 3:30 AM. “And sleep.”
Mino’s hands are not shaking when he opens the door to his shared room with Seungyoon. Bed beside Seungyoon. Pillow. Blanket. Close eyes. Sleep. 
Wait. Bed beside Seungyoon.
Forget it. Mino doesn’t need sleep. Sleep is for the weak.









Remind Mino again that he’s absolutely not having this thing called a crush on Seungyoon. Most. Definitely. Not. Crushes are gross. Mino doesn’t crush. Not on anybody. Most definitely not on Seunyoon.

But then Seungyoon starts to chuckle, pearly whites gleaming. 

His heart runs.

Seungyoon’s singing, eyes closed passionately.

He drops his mic.

Seungyoon’s doing a cute dance, excitedly waving his arms to the beat.

He falls flat on his . 


“It’s okay!” Mino shouts, flailing his arms around wildly even before anyone rushes to attend to him, “I’m fine!”
The rain made the stage a little slippery, he supposes. No big deal.




Nothing is going right. Mino wants to cry. 
No. He wants to cry because he can’t believe he wants to cry. Rappers don’t cry. 

Does Seungyoon like guys who cry?






Mino is absolutely not awake at 3 am again. (its 2:54 am) He's been drinking iced water at this time so often these recent weeks. What? Can't a normal dude have hobbies?

Yes. Drinking iced water at 3 am (or 2:54 am) as he desperately tries to rid his mind of thoughts of his friend is his hobby. What? Do you have a problem with that?

Iced water tastes the best at 3 am. Especially when served with a plate of denial and a generous sprinkle of frustration.


"Mino?"

Lord save Mino's soul for Seungyoon is standing in front of him, unruly hair cutely falling over his half-opened eyes. Mino wants to set himself on fire. He already feels like his face is burning.

"Why aren't you sleeping?" Seungyoon asks, mouth opening slowly in a cute yawn, eyes forming breath-taking semi crescents. This is not good. Mino feels like turning into a turnip and burrying his way back into the earth.

Seungyoon yawns again and Mino feels every bit of his soul crumbing into a mangled mess of pain and suffering.

"Um..ice w-water. Tastes good. Drink," Mino meant to stutter that. Stuttering is like the cardinal rule for rappers.

"Ice water. Yum," he continues in his panicky states. Seungyoon just looks confused, hands softly scratching his head. (Mino does not squeal internally)

"Yeah. So I was just. Drinking. Yo," he finishes lamely. Mino hates himself.



Mino must be dreaming. Seungyoon is giggling. Giggling.
"You're cute," he says, laughing, warm hands messing up his hair. That's it. Mino is resigning from life. He's going to become a turnip where he will stay safely hidden under 100 layers of soil away from Seungyoon.

"C'mon, let's get some sleep. Tomorrow's gonna be a long day," he chuckles, soft hands slipping into Mino's sweaty ones and pulls him towards the room. Mino praises his legs for not giving way but his mouth betrays him as a nervous gulp escapes from his lips. Seungyoon looks at him quizzically, head tilted. That's it. Mino is officially a turnip.

He likes to forget that high-pitched squeak that shot out of his mouth as he jumped onto his bed and dived beneath his blankets.

"Mino?"

"I'M FINE! GOOD NIGHT SEUNGYOON!"

"um,"

"GOODNIGHT SEUNGYOON!"

Seungyoon has to bite back his laughter at the sight of the giant writhing human cocoon.

"Goodnight Mino," he says in between laughter, reaching out to switch the night lamp off, "just don't watch me sleep again tonight, alright?"






Mino doesn't want to be a turnip anymore. He just wants to disappear.





He does not let out a strangled gasp. He does not throw the covers off him. He does not rush to the toilet and slam the door shut. Mino is a manly, charismatic rapper.All those actions?  They're no-no.




Seungyoon's laughter is oddly comforting as he slowly opens the toilet door. Mino is sitting on the toilet seat, facial expression stuck between frustrated sulking and moritifed shock. Mino's gulps are too loud to ignore as Seungyoon approaches him, warm hands squeezing his stiff shoulders

"Silly Mino," Seungyoon chuckles, "you never asked about how I feel"






Mino wants to cry.

But he doesn't.

Because that's no-no.