Smile

Unreasonable
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As usual the lonely popular Irene was walking around the school while waiting for the recess bell to ring. Joohyun then finally settled down at a bench that was infront of a big tree, blocking herself from other's view. She didn't mind if she's being unoticed. She didn't even enjoy attention in the first place, thinking that troubles will just come if she gains attention. Of course, if you're popular, you are bound to have haters too. The more popular, the more haters and that doesnt exclude both Irene and Seulgi. 

 

Irene rolled her eyes and glared at three students who walked passed her and kept muttering stuff of about her, bad stuffs. They noticed Irene's glare and quickly ran away from her, continuing splitting mean remarks about the pink ombre.

 

"Pshh... Why are they such cowards when they are hating on me." The senior shook her head and shrugged it off, suddenly all the hatings came into her mind. Usually, she doesnt care about others hating her since she doesnt mind about anyone. But when she calmed down and everything that her haters said about her came into her mind, she couldnt help but feel sad and depressed about it even though she tried not showing it from her face. Deep inside, she's deeply hurt. 

 

 

Why does the world has to be so unfair to me? 

 

 

Out of the blue, Joohyun felt someone plugging a earpiece into her right ear and made her jumped alittle when she saw Seulgi jumped from behind and sat down beside her with anither earpiece in her left ear. Joohyun glared and took out the earpiece but the younger one put it back again and smiled which cause the senior to be puzzled at her action. No songs were played although they had the earpieced plugged in their ears. 

 

"What are you doing?"

 

"Don't listen and care about what the haters says." For the first time, Irene saw the younger's serious side. It came as something weird and unfirmilar to Irene at first since Seulgi was always seen being playful and naughty but as she stares at Seulgi, the senior realized that maybe this happy go lucky girl was actually once hurt as well.

 

"Have you expreienced this kind of hurt before?" Joohyun questioned, unknowningly being much comfortable with the yellow ombre.

 

Seulgi smiled a little before nodding to the older's question, "Of course i did. Especially during my freshmen days. It was really hurtful for me in the beginning since i was still 'innocent' but as time passes, i learn to get over people's opinions and just live on. Nothing's gonna change anyway, even if you cry and get depressed. Do you think the haters would care? They would be happier and think of you as losers. So i just chose to stay happy and ignore those haters."

 

 

"What's said is easier then to be done." Irene scoffed at the younger while the latter shook her head and giggled. 

 

"I've successfully ignore those haters. So i have said and also DONE it." Joohyun stopped aruging and remained quiet as Seulgi continued, "If i can do it, you can too. Try smiling. Once you start smiling, you will find happiness. I'm sure that you wish that you can be happy and not always wearing a frown or dark face everyday right?" 

 

 

Smile? But there's nothing to make me smile. Everything is just so... damn unfair. Am i suppose to smile and laugh about them as well? Take them like they are ? No right. Who can freaking smile when the world seems to be attacking her and what's more, theres no one who's there to protect her. Not even she can protect herself for she has no power nor strength. 

 

 

"i'll leave first. Goodbye." Seulgi stood up and bid goodbye to her senior with a bright genuine smile before leaving Irene with her earpiece with the latter, "just return me my earpiece later on. I know you still need it." 

 

The pink ombrè watches Seulgj until her she fully vanished from her view then looked down at the bright yellow coloured earpiece left by the younger and plugged in both of them into her ear before getting immersed in her thoughts once again.

 

I thought she was just a weirdo who likes doing fake smiles. But who knows that this kid actually has a deep and mature thoughts. Maybe those smiles wasnt fake at all, at least the one that she gave me before leaving.

 

 

 

"What's with the commotions outside our class?" Wendy questioned about the crowd outside their class to Seulgi who were the last to pack her belongings up since she was sleeping throughout the lessons and thankfully her bestfriend could wake her up before the school gate closes.

 

"Do you think a person who just woke up from her beloved dreamland could answer that?" Seulgi said scaractically while the blue ombrè rolled her eyes.

 

"Let's g- WAH!" Wendy immediately exclaimed when she saw the oh-so firmilar pink ombre leaning on the wall outside the class with a expressionless face like she's waiting for someone. Irene immediately looked at her because of Wendy's natural loudness.

 

"Why?" Seulgi who followed behind questioned because of her bestfriend's sudden exclaim who then pointed to Irene like she just saw a ghost. 

 

"W...Why is she doing here?" Seulgi then looked to where she was pointing and widen her eyes when she saw Irene staring at them.

 

"Oh hey Baechu!" Seulgi casually greeted her senior who then glared at her for using the nickname infront of so many students, giving her the 'just shut up' look. The yellow ombrè laughed and put her arms around Irene's shoul

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter