Hand-Cuffed

Mend My Heart

After the date, they were walking out of the amusement park, getting ready to go home. They argued about who was the scaredy cat and who was not. Bo Young who claimed that Ha Neul was the scaredy cat ran with her vanilla ice cream. Thmp! She hit a person.

The person turned around and angrily stared down at Bo Young.

“What’s this? Watch where you are going kid.” He shoved her out of the way. Ha Neul ran to her and helped her up.

“Yah, you.” Ha Neul went after them. “Who do you think you are?”

The angry mob turned around with his group. Ha Neul had a staring contest with them. “Are you that kid’s friend?”

“We’re not kids.”

“Then you’re adults? Give me a break. I must be having bad luck today.” He pushed Ha Neul and they got into a fight. The mob gangsters started fighting with Ha Neul. Bo Young ran to them and hit them too. She squished her ice cream on one of the mob’s face.

The group had a female in there who fought with Bo Young.

‘ You ******!’ the girl grabbed Bo Young’s hair. Bo Young grabbed a handful of the other girl’s hair and pushed her away. Ha Neul fought off the gangsters but it was like 4 against 1 so you can say that he got bruises here and there. Bo Young attempted to grab one of the gangsters’ hair but instead, she grabbed Ha Neul’s.

“AH ah it hurts!” He yelled. Noticing that she got the wrong one, Bo Young, who was a hot mess quickly let go.

“Oh, mian.” She said before grabbing someone else’s hair.

The brawl continued for a while until – Beep beep!

Two police officers came their way and tried to break them up. The officers started handcuffing them. Bo Young and Ha Neul were quick to deny being a gangster along with the other group.

“Ani, we are not gangsters.”

“They attacked us first.” Butted Ha Neul. THe officers looked at them from head to toe.

“From what I see, you two are gangsters.”

“No sir, we are a… a couple.” Bo Young quickly grabbed Ha Neul’s hand to show them. The officer hand cuffed both of their hands.

“We can discuss this at the station, gangster C-O-U-P-L-E.” You can’t deny as they wore the exact same outfit. They stood wide eyed at the cuff that linked their hands.

They were dragging their feet forward as the officers ordered them to the station. Suddenly the officers got hit by the gangsters. Everyone made a ran for it, so Bo Young and Ha Neul ran too. They didn’t want to be punish for hitting police officers. The gangsters were running for them. Their hands clasped tightly onto each other. They ran through the roads and alleys. Who would have thought that two well-known figures in huge companies are being followed by gangsters and dogs.

After running for a while they stood behind the brick wall of a club. They held onto each other closely, in cased the others find them. Making sure that they were safe, they finally let out a deep breath. They smiled and laughed it out.

“Yah, look at yourself. You should look in the mirror,” claimed Ha Neul who laughed at the messy haired Bo Young.

“Why don’t you wipe off that blood from your nose face first? We might be mistaken as killers.” Answered Bo Young. Ha Neul quickly wiped off his face in laughter and tears. “But what do we do about this?” Bo Young held up the cuff that still linked their hands together, they were still holding hands.

They didn’t know what to say to each other anymore, just awkward silence.

“We should’ve gone to the station instead.”

“It’s ok, I like it like this,” Ha Neul tightly gripped her hand and put it close to his chest.

“What are you doing?” She tried to pull her hand back gently. Thump thump, ba thump. Her heart beated quickly.

“Stay still. If you move too much, it’s gonna hurt your wrist more.” Ha Neul said and walked them away from the alley. He held hand tightly.

(Luna- It was love)

I can’t understand
Maybe it’s a feeling like I’m dreaming with my eyes open
My heart feels troubled for no reason
And I also experience yearning

Your smile towards me was very pretty
But your heart never made an expression

When I see you show your wounds
But refuse to be healed
There is nothing I can do, it’s hard

If time passes, I could pretend all this didn’t happen
For a moment I was crazy and thought that could be
It was love, it was love
Looking at it now, I had loved
Words and actions that weren’t like myself
My heart that ran wild on it’s own
It was love, it was love
There was something more precious than myself

About when will you call my name
Will breaking you off make that fragrance mine
While speaking of loneliness
You brushed off my hand that tried to hug you
Without even the right to be resigned, I’m in pain

If time passes, I could pretend all this didn’t happen
For a moment I was crazy and thought that could be
It was love, it was love
Looking at it now, I had loved
Words and actions that weren’t like myself
My heart that ran wild on it’s own
It was love, it was love
There was something more precious than myself

I don’t know when I’ll get to hold your hand close like this again so don’t let go. Ha Neul thought.

Why is my heart beating like this? His hands are so warm. Bo Young thought.

They continued to walk like that until they reached the police station.

Our Bo Young is beautiful as always. Ha Neul stole glances at her.

Bo Young stole looks at him too. He looks good. That goofy smile can be serious too.

They stopped before entering the steps. Both hesitating before going up. They sadly looked at the ground.

I…don’t want to let go. They said in unison to themselves.

After taking a deep breath, Ha Neul spoke up. “Let’s…go in.” Bo Young only nodded.

The steps that they took grew heavy. “Oppa.” Bo Young said before he opened the police door. Ha Neul turned back to her. “Let’s…finish our date first.”

“Huh?”

“I want to eat.” She rubbed her stomach as it growled. He could only smile at her sense of humor.

“Really?” His face lit up. “Aigoo, you really is a money bomb.” They quickly walked down the steps and headed towards the street stalls and vendors for some night snacks.

“Ahjumma, can we get some spicy rice cakes, pancakes, and kimbap?” Ha Neul ordered as they sat side by side.

“And soju please.” Added Bo Young. “What? Don’t tell me you can’t drink.” Bo young stated as Ha Neul looked at her. He just shook his head. She excitedly giggled as the food came. Her right hand wasn’t freed so Ha Neul picked up the food and fed her.

“Say ah~.”

“I can eat it myself.”

“Really?” He fed himself quickly and ignored her. She attempted to eat with her left hand but the chopsticks flopped. She tried again but couldn’t get any. Ha Neul purposely made sounds and slurp down the food. She could only gulped her saliva. He turned to see her and was going to hand her some. But he raised it back into his mouth instead. She was irritated at his attitude so she kicked his leg.

“Aren’t you being too rude? Purposely eating like that.”

“Then why don’t you ask nicely? If you ask, then I would have fed you.” He took another big bite.

Her stomach growled again, loudly. She took a deep breath and let out a squeak. “Feed~~”

“What? What did you say? I can’t hear you?” Ha Neul leaned closer.

“I..Please feed me.” She said a little louder.

“What?” He said again. “Speak louder.”

“Yah! You’re purposely doing this to me right?” She exploded in his ear.

“Speak nicely if you want food.” He continued eating. She was frustrated and took a couple of soju shots.

“Ha Neul oppa~” She gathered up her courage. Her ego had no more influence. She’s hungry and tired. “Please feed me~~” She did a cute aegyo. He looked her puppy eyes that were staring straight at him.

“Aigoo,” he pinched her cheek. “Say ‘ah’.” He started feeding her as she obediently followed his orders. He had fun watching her aegyo and how happy she was to eat.

They were walking back to the police station as they passed by a potato vendor. Ha Neul dragged her there and bought a bag of roasted potatoes. He handed a bag to Bo Young.

“Try this at home with kimchi. It’s delicious. My recommendation.” They continued to walk toward the police station hand in hand happily.

If I were to stop time, it would be now.