Final

Artificial Strawberries

The colour reminded Yoongi of those artificial strawberry flavoured candies he loved eating as a kid and he wondered if it would smell just as sugary. Dark, almond shaped eyes had been locked on him since he entered the convenience store, causing Yoongi to glance at the teenager standing in front of the sweets section. He looked barely eighteen and his thin and tan fingers were wrapped around the stick of a lollipop. Pink, heart shaped lips released the candid head of the lollipop with a soft pop and Yoongi couldn’t help but notice that yes, it was the almost the same colour as his hair. The corner of the teen’s lips raised just a tad and Yoongi scowled and ripped his gaze away from the kohl-framed eyes. He was too old to deal with a narcissistic kid who thought he could play him, even if he had luscious lips and incredibly deep eyes.

 

            “Will that be all?” A dull voice brought Yoongi back to reality and he nodded at the bored looking cashier then handed him over the money for his snack. Without sparing the boy with the obnoxiously obvious hair colour another glance he turned around and left the store. What he didn’t expect however was for a nimble hand to catch the edge of his jacket sleeve and pull him to a stop. Yoongi turned, insult at the tip of his tongue, and saw the lilac haired boy stand in front of him with a broad, rectangular smile on his face and the half eaten lollipop still in his hand.

            “Hyung, do you have some time?” His voice was surprisingly deep and it somehow annoyed Yoongi even more. He forcefully pulled his sleeve away from the teen and continued walking.

            “ off kid. Go back to school or something.” He called over his shoulder. The younger boy caught up with him again, this time his warm fingers encircled Yoongi’s wrist making him come to a halt with an annoyed sigh.

 

            “Listen kid,” Yoongi started and took a step closer to the slightly taller boy. “I have neither the patience nor the will to play with you so just go look for someone else.” The pink lips formed a pout and Yoongi wanted nothing more then to lean forward and bite that plump bottom lip. The fingers around his wrist started caressing his skin and goose bumps began forming on his arm. The boy took a step closer and held the lollipop to his lips, eyes full of feigned innocence and voice sounding like a purr as he spoke up again.

            “But hyung I want to play with you.” You don’t even know my name, Yoongi thought. You’re just a teenager. Why are you picking up guys from a convenience store at two in the morning?

 

He voiced neither of these thoughts however, instead Yoongi paused for a moment, tongue coming out to wet his dry lips as his eyes wandered over the boy’s pretty face and slim body again. Yoongi cleared his throat and took a deep breath before finally breaking the silence.

            “You really like on lollipops, huh?”