Angel

Angel

It started when he was in 8th grade, actually. His father was the one who work hard and accommodate the family. He loved his father so much that he doesn't care if people teases him. But one day, it's the first time he cried so hard every night thinking about his father who passed away in a car accident. His mother cried too but she acted strong. He knows why. Because his mother didn't want to show the little him that she's weak.

One night, the night his father passed away for five years now, he was crying so hard. Thinking about the memory about him and his father. He cried because his father appeared in his dream the night before. Looking handsome in white. His father said, "Don't worry, son. Someone will be there for you" He was disappointed a little. His father didn't say he loves him. But he tried to think positive that it's because his father tried to send an important message to him.

His body shivered suddenly and he felt weird. He already closed the windows and the air cons are not too cold until he can shivered. But he didn't care. He kept on crying his heart out, thinking how miserable he is. He felt someone patting his head gently and he looked up and saw a guy in white, a good looking guy, an angel, smile down to him. "W-What" Hanbin was in awe. He had never ever ever thought that he would meet an angel in real life. "Don't cry. You're not alone. You have me" And that's how Hanbin have a friend, a lover, a family in his life.

 

Hanbin started to cut himself when his mother died because she was being abused by her husband, a new one. Her husband was a nice man at first but as the time goes by, he started to drink and get drunk and abuse people in the house. Hanbin hated his guts. He was shocked when a teacher called him when he was studying and said that his mother passed away. He cried again. Two peoples who he love the most in his life are gone.

One night, he found a knife, a small one and he bring it to his room. He was thinking whether he should do this or not. He slowly put the knife on his left hand and slowly push it in. It stings but he endured it. He kept on pushing it in until red marks can be seen. Slowly the blood seeped out of his skin and he smiled. He didn't know why but he felt satisfied.

He kept on pushing the knife in when suddenly a cold hand was on his. He looked up and saw him, the angel. "Y-You"

"Stop this" The angel said.

"Stop. Just stop. You're hurting yourself" Hanbin looked at him with confused expression. "Stop this" The angel said again and Hanbin put the knife down. The angel smiled and put his hands on both of Hanbin's cheeks. Hanbin suddenly felt sleepy and he slowly closed his eyes. Surprisingly, the day after that, Hanbin stopped. He was enjoying cutting himself but he stopped because well, the angel told him to do so.

 

He was listening to the music on his mp3 player with his headphone on when suddenly a bully took it. "Give it back!" Hanbin shouts at the bullies who took his headphone which his mother gave him for his 13th birthday.

"Why? Did your daddy gave this? Oh! Did your pretty mummy gave you this?" Hanbin was mad. Nobody can teased his parents like that. Hanbin stood up and tried to take his headphone back but sadly, the bully was taller than him. He accidentally punch the bully on the face and the bully was mad. The bully ordered his friends to hold Hanbin up and he immediately punch Hanbin so hard. "Who said you can hit me?!" The bully shouted but Hanbin didn't have any energy left to argue. He felt his eyes got heavier and heavier until he saw nothing.

Hanbin went home at night because he woke up beside a trash can at the evening.

He walked into his house and looked around. Nothing. No one. He sighed and walked into his room to took his shower

Hanbin saw the knife when he looked around his room. He'd never committed a suicide for about a month but it seems right to do it now. He smiled while touching the knife. how i miss you

Hanbin put the knife again on his left hand. Just above the scar that he left before. He pushed the knife down and red marks appeared. He pushed it again and the marks was getting redder. He stopped when he heard someone called his name. I must be hearing things He continued and heard it again. He stopped and put the knife down. "Who's that?" He asked, scared. "Answer me!" Hanbin shouted.

He felt someone sat beside him on the bed and Hanbin turn around. "Hanbin" Hanbin's eyes widened. "Y-You" Jiwon, the angel opened his arms wide enough so Hanbin can hug him but Hanbin was in awe and he didn't know what to do. Jiwon smiled and move closer toward Hanbin. He hugged Hanbin tightly and Hanbin felt safe. "Why are you cutting yourself" Jiwon sighed and draw circle behind Hanbin's back. "You know I'm worried about you"

 

For the next two months, Hanbin had never saw Jiwon at night ever again. He stopped cutting himself and cried every night. He thought Jiwon would appreciate it and always meet him. But he's wrong.

One night, Hanbin felt lonely and he wanted to meet Jiwon again. He finally have an idea. Commite a suicide. He took the knife again that he hide inside a drawer. He pushed the knife in again and again until red marks appeared. He waited but Jiwon didn't come. He pushed the knife again and blood seep out of his skin. It stings but he didn't care. He need Jiwon. He suddenly have a headache and stopped. He put down the knife and lie down. "Ugh my head" He turned to his side and saw Jiwon. "J-Jiwon!" He called. "J-Jiwon!" But the angel didn't move.

"I told you not to cut yourself. Why are you doing this?" He asked. "B-Because I wanted to see you!" Hanbin answered. Jiwon smiled and sat beside Hanbin. "Don't put your life in danger because you wanted to see me, okay?" Hanbin nodded. "Promise me you will stop?" He nodded again. "Will I ever meet you again?" Hanbin asked sadly. "I'll find a way" Jiwon answered and kissed Hanbin's forehead. Hanbin felt sleepy and fell asleep in Jiwon's arms. "I love you, Hanbin" And with that, Jiwon left.

 

"Hanbin don't forget to finish your project!" His friend calls. Hanbin nods and he walks out of the library to go home. It have been four months since Hanbin last seen Jiwon. He misses that angel. Hanbin sighs and continue walking towards his house.

He stops at the park near his house and sit on a swing. He smiles when he remembers how his parents used to bring him here every evening and play with him. Hanbin's favorite game was the swing. He even cried when he saw someone sat on his favorite swing.

Hanbin laughs at the memory and sighs. Why must he be alone? He looks down at his shoes and hum a song.

"Mind telling me what song is that?" A stranger asks Hanbin. Hanbin looks up and his jaw drops. "J-Ji-" The stranger smiles and start swinging beside Hanbin.

"I felt down from the sky in no where four months ago. I was scared alone. I was trying to find someone so I continued my journey then I reached here. But I didn't find that certain someone" Jiwon said sadly.

"W-Who's that someone?" Hanbin asked curiously.

"I haven't finish my story yet" Jiwon smiles and continues. "I walked around this town for two days and I finally saw a house that's too familiar to me. I waited there but that someone didn't come home. So i came here and saw that certain someone humming a song"

Jiwon smiles. "It's you, Hanbin. I stopped being an angel because of you. Four months i tried to find you and here I am, sitting on a swing beside you. It's like a dream come true" Jiwon said. Hanbin doesn't know what to do. He smiles when he feels Jiwon's cold hands on both side of his face.

"I-I wanted t-to t-thank you for everything" Hanbin suddenly says shyly and continues, "A-And I've b-been waiting for y-you"

"I'm glad" Jiwon answers and kisses Hanbin's lips softly.