002

Surprise?

"Jihyun. Wake up." I was woken by Gohn lightly shaking me and calling my name. I slowly fluttered my eyes open to see Gohn's handsome smile beaming in front of me.

"Gohn." I whispered almost silently. I realised that he was at my car door waiting for me to get out. I stretched a little bit before falling limb again.

"You have to get up or we'll miss it. We have a bit of walking to do." As he spoke he unbuckled my seatbelt. My heart beat faster as he leant closer to me. What are you doing? It's just Gohn. I rested my hand on my chest, trying to settle the thumping. I carefully stepped out of the car and stretched more thoroughly.

"Man, how long was I out for? I feel like I'm 50 years older." I joked as I cracked multiple bones in my body. "That car of yours is like a time machine or something. Either that or it's just really uncomfortable."

"Then you shouldn't have fallen asleep, now let’s go." he subtly said, acting as if he didn't hear my smug sarcasm. I followed him up a concrete path until we reached a bush path.

"How do you expect us to walk that track when it's still dark?"

"The moon is radiating plenty of light. Don't worry; I'm here to guide you."

"So, my life has been placed in your hands? This'll be interesting." I said sarcastically.

"Let's just go, okay?" He said urgently. I followed his every step up the rocky bush path. I looked at the scenery as we walked. There were no lights, no cars and absolutely no other people. As I was walking I got my footing wrong and fell down hard. Gohn heard my scream and turned around to see me sitting on the ground grabbing my ankle. "Omo, are you okay?" He sounded worried and regretful. "I should have been paying more attention to you."

"I was too busy looking at scenery that I wasn't watching where I was stepping."

"I'll help you up." He extended an arm for me to use as support. As soon and I stood on my ankle a throbbing pain shot up my leg.

"Ugh!" I shrieked as I fell again. This time I fell into the safety of Gohn's arms. I was so unexpectedly close to him that I stiffened.

"That's it." He mumbled almost sounding angry. He let go of me and turned around. I thought for a moment that he was going to leave until he bent down. "Get on."

"Get on your back? No way! I'm too heavy!" I protested.

"Just get on." His tone had a cold, serious feeling to it. Not wanting to get into an argument I got onto his back. He began carrying me up the hilly path.

"Thanks Gohn..." He just hummed at my show of appreciation. "Are you mad at me? I thought back there you were going to leave me."

"Aish, why would I be mad at you? I would never leave you. You have my guidance today, remember?" I nodded after he finished speaking. I rested my head on his back to get comfortable. So much has happened this morning. Am I making him angry? I felt a horrible feeling welling up in my stomach. After we finished getting up the path I realised that we were really high up. He ran me over to a rock near the edge of the massive mountain. He sat me down carefully and carelessly placed himself beside me. I looked out of the view he had placed me near. "This is so beautiful Gohn." I whispered.

"It's going to get better." Gohn sounded at peace as he spoke. "Hopefully..." He mumbled that one word so quietly I thought I had imagined it. As I was admiring the scenery I felt something wet touch my face. I looked up and saw small snowflakes dancing in the breeze. I gently caught the snow in my hands and smiled warmly at the feeling.

"See, now it's snowing. I told you it was going to get better." He sounded nervous and disappointed as he spoke.

"You knew it was going to snow? Come, on... What did you really mean by 'it's going to get better'" I quoted the air with my fingers as I repeated what he said earlier. He just kept quiet. I stared at his figure as the snow got caught in his brown hair. He looked so handsome, the way his eyes crinkled when he thought and the way his lips curled when he got nervous. He turned to look at me while I was tranced by his lips.

"Look, Jihyun... I, I..." He stuttered as if he couldn't find any words.

"Don't be nervous. It's just plain and boring Jihyun here." I said clueless about what he was getting at. I wasn't sure what to expect. He sighed deeply at my attempt of lightening the mood.

"That's the thing... You're not plain or boring. You're special, Jihyun." He mumbled as his eyes traced my facial features, stopping on my lips. "I..." He sighed quietly. Subconsciously I moved closer so I could hear him better. I hadn't realised how close it would actually make us. I saw his eyes stare at my lips. I hadn't known what was happening at first but I slowly put everything together. I closed my eyes as I waited for some kind of interaction. I suddenly felt a hand softly caress the back of my head before I felt a warm sensation pursue my lips. Our jaws moved in perfect sync as I moved my hands to his back. I softly rubbed his back as he held me closer to him. He broke the kiss and looked straight into my eyes. He moved his hand down to my face and spoke softly. "You have no idea how long I've been waiting to do that." He smiled shyly as his face began to turn red. After a few seconds of silence he turned away from me.

"How long?" I questioned

"I don't know... I mean, I know it’s been a long time since I developed feelings for you. I thought if I did anything, I thought our friendship would be ruined. I was so afraid that you wouldn't feel the same way as me."

"How do you feel?"

"I don't know how to explain the feeling but when I'm with you I feel so... Ugh, look what you've done to me. I'm a blubbering mess." He lightly hit my arm as he spoke. I chuckled at his cute embarrassing side. I softly pinched his cheeks, making him look at me. He softly grabbed my hand and flattened it out on his face. He slowly took it to his heart. I was surprised to feel his heart beating faster than usual. "Today had gone so wrong. You were up late so we had to stop off and get food and you hurt your ankle." As he spoke I realised I had made the morning so difficult for him. I felt a horrible feeling of guilt build up.

"I'm so sorry, I-"

I was cut off by Gohn. "But, it doesn't matter if it didn't go to plan. My heart, when I'm with you it still goes crazy. It makes me nervous but I love the feeling. I love it when I'm with you and I want to be with you more." He moved my hand away from his heart but still held them tightly. He cleared his throat before speaking again. "I understand if you don't have an answer straight away, but for now, let’s enjoy this." He gestured to the lookout as he spoke. I turned my attention away from him and looked out to the sky. The sky was a beautiful pink colour as the sun was rising. He put his arm around me and pulled me closer to him. I rested my head on his chest to hear him breathing heavily. I knew that he was uncomfortable leaving his confession unanswered.

"There's no need to wait, Gohn. I want to enjoy the sun rise too but I can't leave you hanging like that." I spoke but my voice was muffled by his chest. I pulled away from him and sat up straight. "I was so excited about today, in fact, I always feel that way when I'm with you. I want to be with you too." I smiled shyly and then hid my red face behind my hands. "Aish, why couldn't you just say 'Will you be my girlfriend' and I could have easily said 'yes'?" I heard him chuckle before I felt my arms being removed from my face.

"So it's settled, right? You're stuck with me? Hah, I'm never letting you go!" He yelled as he began to tickle me. I laughed hysterically as I tried to make him stop. I stood quickly and went to run away before he could get me. Due to my hurt ankle, my slow hobble was a failed attempt of escape. He chased me and grabbed me tightly from behind. He lost his footing and fell on to a pile of soft grass. I screamed as I fell on top of him. I turned around, leaning directly on top of him. "Are you okay?" I huffed, out of breath from being tickled.

"Of course..." He mumbled as he thought about something. He slowly rolled me off him and he sat beside me. We now lay on grass together, trying to catch our breath.

"Are you okay?" He asked me.

"Better than ever." I giggled as I looked at him sideways. We laid on the damp grass, not caring about getting wet. I closed my eyes feeling relaxed. We sat in silence until I felt arms above my shoulders and a soft weight on me. I fluttered my eyes open to see Gohn on top of me. I swung my arms around his neck as he closed the gap between us. He softly led a kiss as I followed. The kisses started softly but became more deep and passionate as they continued. I felt everything Gohn had held in for so long in just a small amount of time.

"I love you Gohn." I whispered in between kisses. He stopped for a second and looked down at me.

"I love you too, Lee Jihyun." He said with a shining smile. As the sun was rising and the snow was falling we spent the rest of the morning in each other’s loving arms.