(SAD ENDING) BUT I LOVED YOU FIRST

○○But I Loved You First○○

Author Note: My first One Shot hazaaaah \o/ Not like anyone will read it but if you happen to, please enjoy my dream♥
This is the sad ending version :)
Song I was listening to while writing this, though it may not really fit, but it's pretty~: SongJiEun Don't Look At Me Like That https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkCCgI4zEZ0
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"I LOVED YOU FIRST!!" he yelled as he desperately grabbed onto your shoulders. The first time Mark's ever yelled at you. His voice was hoarse from crying and his eyes blood shot from tears and alcohol.

2 hours earlier...........
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"DROP IT LIKE ITS HOT!!!..............GO CRAZYYYYY!!! GO CRAZYYYYYY!" You and your bestfriend Mark Tuan, were screaming your lungs out to 2PM's "Go Crazy" with the windows open as you drove through the night. You laughed as his voice cracked and finally turned the dial on the radio to lower the volume so the blood could stop rushing to your ears.

"You're no fun!" his raspy voice chuckled as he kept one hand on the steering wheel and used the other to adjust the beanie on his head. You smiled at him. "Yeah, University really the fun out of me~" You both laughed and he patted your knee "One more year, we survived high school together and in one more year we can say we survived University!

                                                                                             

You and Mark had been bestfriends since your Freshman year of high school. You'll never forget how you two first met.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You were rushing through the hallways totally lost trying to find your next class when suddenly **BANG**

You rammed straight into someone's open locker door. "!" you cursed as your hit floor and you wiped the blood from your busted lip. People laughed and didn't even bother to help pick up your scattered belongings as they just stepped over you like you weren't even there. It's so nice to be a Freshman.

"OH ARE YOU OKAY!?" you looked up to see a guy with firey red hair holding his hand out towards you with concerned eyes. You grabbed it and pulled yourself up and dusted yourself off. "Sorry about your locker, dude" You were about to bend over to grab your things when the guy had already beaten you to it.

"Forget my locker, sorry about your lip, my locker was obviously in the way of your face" he chuckled. His voice was low and raspy and he smiled as he handed your books to you. You didn't swoon often but this guy's smile was out of this world. "I'm Mark Tuan, you know incase you need my name to sue" Funny. You introduced yourself and the bell had rung signaling they were late for class.
                                                                                                         

"Late on my first day, great" you apologized once more and continued to head down the hall when he suddenly grabbed your hand. "Where are you going?" "Where does it look like I'm going? English Mr.Wooyoung's class" he laughed and you shook your hand free of his. "First off, that classroom is in the opposite direction, and second your lip is still bleeding I'll take you to the nurses office."

You wiped your lip with the back of your hand. "I don't need you to take me anywhere, I'll be fine by myself" He pouted his lips and you died inside. "Don't be that way, I'll feel bad since it was my door that hurt that pretty face of yours~" "I think your face is alot prettier than mine to begin with, are you sure you're a guy?"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
From that moment on you two had been inseperable. You did everything together from cheering him on at his skate meets with a fansign to him cheering you on at the school's productions making sure he was the loudest one in the audience. You guys kept each other awake during exam season and were each others excuse when someone unappealing asked you out.

He basically lived at your house on the weekends and you stole half his clothes from his closet. He was the shoulder you cried on when your father passed away and you were his rock when his mother walked out on him. The day you were both accepted into the same University was the same day you both moved in together. Once you loaded the last of your belongings into the back of Mark's truck your mother had been hugging Mark and whispered words of encouragement into his ear.

                                                                                                           

You made your way over to your mom as Mark shoved passed you playfully and took his seat in the driver seat. "I'll never understand how you guys never got together romantically" You chuckled. It's not like you haven't thought about it either. After throwing out the left over stuff his 5th ex girl-friend left at his house after their break up you wanted to tell him. Tell him that you would never treat him the same way those s had.

Tell him you wanted all of him. Tell him that when she told him she "Loved Him" everyday, that she truely meant it and she couldn't see herself with anyone else. But her dreams were crushed when he came home that day completely unphased by his break up and told you "I'm so glad you're my bestfriend or else I'd have to deal with this girlfriend bull on my own~"

That was 3 years ago. Now that times passed you had successfully gotten over your romantic feelings for Mark and have now been dating the Captain of the fencing team Jackson Wang for a good 6 months now. Under Jackson's obnoxious mouth and muscles he was a real gentleman. He was so old fashioned that before he asked you out he had come over your house and wanted to ask Mark for permission to date you since he knew you two were practically family. "Took you long enough" Mark said as he patted your back and he gave Jackson his blessing.

                                                                                                       

"Why do we even go to these University parties anymore?" you joked as you adjusted your leather jacket and smoothed out your hair. "Because we need some kind of fun in our lives" You laughed, Mark wasn't really a party guy but his friends managed to convince him to go and he dragged you along since Jackson was going as well after fencing practice.

"Are you coming home tonight or staying over Jackson's?" you played with the little charm on your necklace Jackson had given you for your birthday and shrugged

"Don't know yet"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                                                                                                        
No matter what year of University you were in all parties were the same. Thrown in the back of some rich kids house while their parents were away with 100s of half people they probably didn't even know and alcohol everywhere. Mark held onto your hand tightly making sure you didn't get lost in the crowd. He spotted his group of friends near the bar and waved and pulled you over.

"Look who made it!" Mark's best guy friend Peniel pulled him into a hug then kissed the side of your head "Hey short stack where's your boyfriend?" "Practice." You fixed your hair as Mark handed you a fruity cocktail that smelt so strong you had to cough. "Weak!" he joked "Look who's talking!"

                                                                                                      

An hour into the party you were done with the alcohol. You had enough in your system to make you feel at ease but not enough to make you mental and you liked it that way. Mark wasn't much of a drinker either so he was still pretty sober when you left him to dance with friends on the dance floor. Your friend Suzy bumped hips with you and giggled "So~" "So?" "Any chance you can hook me up with Mark?" You scoffed she had been the 6th one to ask that night. "If you want him go talk to him, he doesn't bite"

                                                                                                    

She smirked as her eyes darkened "Oh, I hope he does~" Gross. Suddenly you were turned around and facing a very smiley Mark, he greeted your friends and said "Sorry ladies I'm gonna dance with my bestfriend for a while I can't stand to see her wiggle like a chicken anymore" and you punched him playfully in the chest. He placed his hands on your hips and pulled you close and you wrapped your arms around his neck and you both started swaying to the music "Having fun?" he asked and you giggled. "Sure~"

"So how many?"
"How many what?"
"How many girls asked you to set them up with me?" he bit his lip seductively and laughed. Mark was a total sweet heart but he also had this wild side that liked to make itself known every once in a while.
"A few but none worth mentioning"
"Awwww jealous I wont have time for you?"
"Whatever."

                                                                                                

You felt arms wrap around your waist and a familiar low seductive raspy voice whisper in your ear "Hey Jagiya, sorry I'm late, please don't hate me" You and Mark let go of each other and you turned around and greeted your boyfriend "No Jackson I don't hate you but I will if you don't buy me pizza later~" he laughed a high pitched laugh and kissed your lips softly and laid his forehead against yours "I missed you" You smiled "I missed you too"

Mark coughed and you shoved his arm lightly "Get a room" Jackson adjusted his snapback and shook Mark's hand "Sorry about that. Hey man!" Mark smiled but you were caught off guard when you caught a glimpse of his eyes. Was he.....mad? Mark smirked " in why don't you Wang" Jackson laughed "Stealing attention's kind of my thing" "Yeah, no kidding" Mark kissed the side of your head and went back to the bar with his boys. What was that?

"Did I do something wrong?" you turned back to Jackson who had the most innocent look on his face as he rubbed the back of his neck. You tippy toed and pecked his lips happily "No baby, not at all"

After a few dances you guys mingled with a friends, he denied any drinks your friends offered because he didn't drink before a match and then Jackson dragged you back to the dance floor when they started to play a slow song.

"You're so cheesy" you grinned as you wrapped your arms around his neck and he lovingly wrapped his arms around your waste and pulled you close. He nuzzled his nose against yours "I'm your cheese~" and you couldn't stop your laugh. As you spun around you could see Mark eyeing you from the bar with another glass of some brightly colored liquid in his hand. How many has he had?

Suddenly Jackson stopped moving and looked into your eyes. "I need to tell you something" he smiled warmly at you as you looked at him puzzled because he was so serious. "Whatever it is I didn't do it!" He laughed at your joke. "No it's nothing like that, well sort of" a blush crept across his cheeks.

"I love you" the 3 words left his mouth effortlessly but held so much meaning it sent goose bumps up your arms and you stood there frozen. He's never said those words to you before and it caught you by surprise "What?"

"I love you. I really truely love you. Jagiya these past 6 months have been the best 6 months of my life and I have you to thank. You're my first "Hello" and my last "goodnight" everyday and I thought it was time for me to tell you just how special you are to me." You didn't move and just looked at him. Say it back. Why can't you say it back? You enjoyed being with him too, the man just told you he loved you why won't you say it back!?

He chuckled "I know it's sudden and I'm not expecting you to say it back but I just wanted you to know." He kissed your forehead and your heart ached. Why? I should be happy but....why am I not.

"Hey Short Stack" you turned to a stunned Peniel "What's wrong?" He pointed over to the bar and your eyes bugged out of your head. Mark was laughing holding up two glasses of different colored cocktails and was chugging them as girls flocked around him. "I think you need to get your boy"

You turned around and apologized to Jackson who kissed your lips gently "I know I know. Go get your boy" he winked and went off to his friends.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Mark the hell are you doing!?" The girls around him gave you a stink eye as he called your name. Well slurred it."You gotta try this stuff man!" You looked at Peniel who shoved his hands in his pocket and told you he had no control over him once he started downing drink after drink. You sighed and reached up to grab the empty glasses from Mark's hand. He laughed and held them out of your reach. "Mark come on we're going home!"

You finally grabbed the glasses out of his hands and placed them next to the multiple other empty glasses he had left on the table. He pouted "But I'm having fun!! Right ladies we're having fun, right!?" The girls cooed and you caught him as he wobbled foward. "We're leaving. Now" He struggled in your arms and his breath reeked of alcohol "Which one of you are coming home with me~~~?" He cooed and multiple girls raised their hands. "No one's coming now let's go!"

You struggled to balance his weight on your shoulder until Peniel helped you carry him to the truck. You eyed Jackson who looked at you concerned but you smiled and shook your head signaling you were alright. After strapping Mark into the passenger seat you slammed the door shut and glared at Peniel. Mark tapped on the window "What did I do~~~~???"

                                                                                                                        

"What happened?" Peniel sighed "You better tell me the truth Peniel or I swear I'll bash your harley in with my bat" He innocently lifted his arms in the air. "Calm your Short Stack. The guys were just having a friendly conversation about life till Mark started watching you on the dance floor with Jackson then it all went down hill from there.He's stronger than he looks"

You shook your head. Your best friend was an idiot. "What about life?" Peniel smiled "You'd have to ask him" he kissed the top of your head and headed back to the party. You traveled to the driver seat and coughed, the inside smelt like straight up liquor. You buckled your seatbelt and pulled the seat foward to accomodate for your short height and started the engine. You hated driving. That's why you always had Mark do it and he never complained.

You looked over at Mark who was playinig with his beanie in his hands. He looked at you and smiled at you with his derpy smile "Hi!" 
                                                                                                    

You chuckled. His hair was drenched with sweat and his cheeks flushed from the alcohol and his eyes were dark. You finally put the truck into drive after a silent prayer and headed back to your house. "Where are we going~~~?" "Disneyland Mark" "REALLY!? YAY!"

You dragged his body through the front door kicking off your sneakers. That ride was endless! He kept asking you random questions like why the sky was blue and kept opening and closing the window. Why couldn't he just pass out like a normal drunk!? You kicked his bedroom door open and tossed him on his bed and he laughed a delirious laugh. "That was fun!"

You got up and locked the door. He shifted to the edge of his bed with a smile on his face "Thanks for taking me home beautiful~" You huffed out some air and knelt in front of him "What's the matter with you?"

He laughed a high pitch laugh "NOTHING! What's a "motto" with you?!" Gotta love Disney movies. You grabbed his hands in yours and caressed the back of his hand with your thumbs. "Mark.....Mark look at me......" He stopped laughing and looked down at you with big lost eyes. "What happened Mark?"

He opened his mouth several times trying to talk but then bit his lip. He did that when he didn't want to talk to you. You brought your hand to his mouth and freed his bottom lip. "No Mark, you have to talk to me. You scared me tonight okay. That's not cool. Talk to me" He stared into your eyes and your chest was beginning to feel heavy. He slipped off the bed and knelt in front of you. He took your hand and placed it on the side of his warm face, closed his eyes and took a deep breath.

He kissed your palm and opened his eyes and your heart broke as a stream of tears trickled down his face. "I'm sorry." "It's okay, just tell me what happened"

"I can't"
"Why not?"
"I just can't" he was getting frustrated but she knew he was on the verge of saying what he's been locking up inside.
"Mark, don't be like that what.........."

"I LOVED YOU FIRST!" he yelled as he desperately grabbed onto your shoulders. The first time Mark's ever yelled at you. His voice was hoarse from crying and his eyes bloodshot from tears and alcohol. "What?"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
He yelled in agony as he rubbed the tears from his eyes with his hand. You've never seen Mark look so....broken....and it was your all your fault. "Mark I know you love me but what......"

"No! No! No! I love you. I LOVE you! I LOVE YOU! I ING LOVE YOU!" His shoulders shook from his sobs. He loved you? Wait, did he mean?

"Mark?" he looked at you in a fit of rage and sadness. "I love you. I loved you way before Jackson did! That's what he told you on the dance floor right!?"

"till Mark started watching you on the dance floor and it all went downhill from there..."

"I've kept my mouth shut for 6 months. 6 long agonizing, painful months of having to drive you to meet him for a date, or watch you laughing on our couch, OUR COUCH, while you snuggled up watching a movie with him. The way your face lit up when you came home and told me stories of how great he was. Do you honestly think I willingly gave him my blessing to date you? If you did then you're an idiot! I said yes so you'd be happy and you are aren't you? AND WHAT DO I GET!? I'm here having my heart bashed into pieces each time his name leaves your mouth!"

You reached out for him but he swatted your hand away. You felt the hot tears stream down your face at his confession. "You're wrong..." He looked up at you. So much pain in his eyes. You shook your head "You're wrong. I loved "YOU" first"

"I've loved you since the day you gave me a standing ovation at my first production in high school and you cheered for me. You cheered so friggin loud for me and you didn't care everyone was staring at you. You think what you're going through is hard? Imagine how I felt holding your hand like we do or cuddling in bed on a rainy day or complain about life all these years and have to ignore my racing heart because you've made it clear all you wanted me as was a bestfriend. For years I've hinted I wanted more, everytime you broke up with your trashy girlfriends and I was there for you but you never looked my way."

You smiled through your tears and he looked at you bewildered. "You're never fair Mark. It wasn't fair you had to get yelled at for being late that day when I crashed into your locker. It's not fair that you just waltzed into my life then had the audacity to take my heart but not do anything with it." Your voice broke "It's not ing fair that I've finally FINALLY accepted that there was nothing more for us but then you go and do this and make me question everything." Your phone went off in the living room and judging by the ringtone it was Jackson checking to make sure you were okay.

You slowly got up and wobbled as the blood circulation in your legs continued. Mark grabbed onto your hand desperately. "Wait!"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You couldn't. You couldn't hear what he had to say. You knew what he was going to say but you were done. Done with the nights you spent crying over him because you thought he'd never love you the way you loved him. Knowing that if he said what he had to say things could change between you two but it just wouldn't be fair. To Jackson.To Him. To You.

You shook your head and pulled your hand out of his "I'm done waiting Mark. I've been done." You opened the door and he shot up "No! Please don't go! I love you! I need you! Please....just...."

You wiped your tears and smiled at him "I'm going to call Jackson back then go to bed. I'll make your favorite breakfast in the morning and laugh at your hangover and we'll just.....forget this all happened and keep things the way they are. I love you Mark, goodnight." Before he could say anything else you closed the door and covered your mouth to stop the sob from escaping your mouth. You could hear Mark breaking down as his mattress creaked under his weight.

You made your way to your phone.
Jackson: Hey Baby~ Did you make it home okay? After the match tomorrow want to have dinner? I'll pick you up and I promise I won't be late kay :D
You: Yeah I'm home safe thanks for asking :) And that definitely sounds like a plan! You owe me pizza! See you tomorrow........



You: ..........I love you.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Author Note: cries forever at her own cliche fanfic Hate this ending like I did? Go read the "HAPPY ENDING VERSION" :'D