Lost in Athens

Oppa Goes to Greece

            Kim Jongin pushed his beige aviator sunglasses up the bridge of his nose for the nth time in the past twenty minutes.  From that second, his eyes darted from side to side behind the tinted lenses in order to take in his surroundings in this quiet park.  Time slowed down in that short period in order for him to take mental notes.  On his left, the same elderly couple was sitting on the bench and relaxed in what was around them.  To his right was a man jogging down the dusty path. His navy skintight tank had sweat clinging onto him in both large and small circles.  It did not help that a line of sweat traveled perfectly down in the man’s crack. Jongin shivered in thought away from the sweaty jogger.

            He made one important note.  There were no girls following him.  Maybe it was the glare that shone from his black lenses that blinded the girls.  Maybe it was his Flash like running skills.  Maybe it was the cap and hood that covered his head.  Earlier he faced the challenge of running away from a horde of girls.  Jongin tried to count.  At first it started off with five girls, who spotted him at an obscure gift shop while he was looking at cheap, but overly priced, snow globes of Mt. Olympus.  Chanyeol and Baekhyun were nearby, but hidden well enough in the corner in the store.  With their DSLR cameras and phones ready and up in the air, the girls charged after him while screaming “Oppa”.  Minutes later, the numbers were uncountable as he was dashing away from the fast multiplying gang of girls.  He went through alleys, stores, and was ready to go through homes too. Weirdly enough at this second, he wished at least one of those girls were here right now.  Now he was stuck in a random park in Athens.  Thinking of this, he kicked the ground.

            It was not easy being easy Jongin.  Hell, it was difficult being Kai.  Then again that was the price of being a celebrity.  What made it worse was that he was in a K-Pop group.  He knew he had no right complaining about this.  Being the main dancer and visual of EXO was a dream.  After all he was part of one of the most popular boy bands and was part of one of the most powerful K-Pop companies.  To top it all off, he was one of most popular and favored members too.  However, there were some issues these days.  Some going on publically with his group.  Then “smaller” ones like this.  Lost in the middle of Athens during a day of sight seeing the day after his group’s solo concert. 

            He had been lost for an hour and forty-three minutes. He checked his phone every few minutes for the time.  He kept track of everything in his mind.  Reaching to his back, he pulled his backpack to his chest and dug through the messy cavern.  Inside was his dead cellphone, along with his empty portable battery.  The one time he had to forget his charger was today.  Seconds later he was able to find a map.  However, it was too crumbled up with the wears of the paper making it difficult to read the text.  A couple of tickets and brochures from his museum trips littered the bottom of his bag along with an empty water bottle.  Jongin tried looking for the hotel’s business card.  There was no luck at this rate.

            While he was having his own scavenger hunt with his backpack, he staggered around the park without looking up for one second.  Once he zipped up his backpack, his head went into different directions.  Yes, the light yellow dirt ground was beneath his feet.  The same dirt that scratched the insides of his nose as it flew by.  Yes, the same rows of trees with thin branches decorated his sights.  However, gone were the wooden benches and people.  No elderly couple or sweaty jogger.  Instead, he was in this dusty circle.  Everything was quiet around him.  He wondered if anyone could hear him.  Thinking this, he shouted gibberish.  He waited for a few seconds.  No one came for him.  On the ground were little metal black borders that separated the dirt and lush green grass.  In the middle of the circle with him was a pale grey stone chair, which stood in front of a statue.

            Around the statue was circle of grass and white tiny daisy-like flowers covering the ground like a moat of water protecting a castle.  When seeing this statue, Jongin sauntered closer to the figure in front of him with eyes that never blinked in those moments.  He could only stare at the statue that captivated him.  In that time, he was trying to figure out what was this piece.  This female figure had long flowing hair that barely past her s. She had distinct facial features like her eyes, which were cat like and feminine. The woman was dressed in a long flowing white toga that accentuated her body.  It showed off her toned arms.  Despite her short figure, she appeared to be tall and petite at the same time.  Had she been human, she would have been the world’s most beautiful woman. 

            Next to the statue was a sign.

            Aphrodite.  Goddess of beauty and love.

            As Jongin made notes about this statue, he subconsciously walked past the metal borders for this statue.  His feet smashed what was underneath him with sharp crunching sounds of grass.  Slowly the fascinated young man pulled out his phone from his bag.  However, as he saw the black screen he remembered it was dead.  He mentally scolded himself to eat more brain food as he threw the device back into his bag.  For a few seconds he scrambled everything in his bag, and then flashed out his iPod.  There was still some battery left as indicated with the sliver of green.  As he held his iPod up more towards the statue with his camera app ready, he took more and more steps towards Aphrodite.

            His foot hit against the white marble sculpture.  An immediately surged of pain traveled from his toes to his brain with that deadly message.  Without hesitation, Jongin grabbed his foot up.  In that time he kicked the statue as he hobbled on his foot.  Faint curses were on repeat from him.  He did not notice something in that meantime.

BAM

            Jongin looked up once hearing that sound, but was blinded.  A flash of white light laminated that secluded area of the park.  Holding up his arms, the young troubled man closed his eyes.  He heard a few loud cracks.  Followed by them was a soft feminine yawn.

            Slowly he put down his arms.  He gradually opened his eyes, at first seeing a petite figure covered in white.  Surrounded by her were fuzzy shards of pure white marble.  Despite not being able to see completely clear, Jongin mumbled underneath his breath, “Stereotypically all in white like a movie.”

            Right as he was about to roll his eyes, he was finally able to see what was in front him.  Like earlier, this tiny figure was in white. In a pale toga that flew with the wind like a Marilyn Monroe scene, a woman stood there.  She stretched out her arms as her head tilted back, allowing her long brunette locks and highlights to glimmer more with a sun kissed tone to them.  Stretching her arms over her head, the woman’s s-line figure was shown even more despite her obvious curves.  Finally it was when she opened her eyes, she revealed her feminine cat like features to them.

            Jongin immediately turned his head to the shards on the ground, then back at the woman.  His jaw dropped as he stuttered, “.  It can’t be.”

            The troubled man met his eyes with the woman in front of him.  She cocked a brow at him as she sauntered her way towards him.  Once she was a few inches away from him, she lifted her arm up in a airy manner like as though her body was made from clouds.  Tilting her head, the woman had her eyes travel up and down Jongin’s body.  Her lips slowly turned into a smirk as she noticed the man in front of her only standing still.

            She took it upon on her will and lightly shook Jongin’s hand as he started sweating.  His eyes could only dart from the broken shards and to the woman.  However, right as he made eye contact with her things were different. He felt his mind slowly losing its grips and into a daze.

            In front of him, the woman shook his hand still and finally let it go gently.  A soft, but small mocking, laugh came from her, “Korean is it?  Then that’s what we’ll talk in. Don’t try to fool me.”

            Jongin blinked hearing this woman’s words.  Even though she had Korean features to her, she had an exotic look like as though she had a bit of everything.  However, hearing someone speak to him in his native tongue in Greece perfectly was new.  He only heard people with accents trying to communicate with him for the past few days.

            “Don’t be surprised, boy.  I can speak in anything you want me to,” the woman took another step closer to him.  Her eyes were directly connected to his. The more intense her stare was, the weaker Jongin felt in his body.  Once her body was only a centimeter away from his, she tippy toed and leaned in towards him.  Her hand delicately placed on his chest, she kept her lips close to Jongin’s ear.

            With every passing second, Jongin was unsure what was happening to him.  He could only gulp at her words as he tried to figure out what was going on.  Why was he like this?  Finally he could feel her light breaths against his sensitive skin.  Then she whispered, “Some people call me Cleopatra, Helen, or one of the members of the Four Beauties.  Maybe I was one.  Maybe I was all of them.  Take your pick.”

            As she said this, she pulled back with a soft laugh.  Her lips were closed, yet it sounded feminine almost like a hum.  She tilted her head to the side with a cocky grin, “However, I am best known as Aphrodite.”