Going Insane

Stuck! (in my Mind and in my Heart)

 

“Park,” that annoying voice would drone as a stack of papers plopped onto his desk, covering his own work, “copy these for me.”

 

               If there was one thing that nearly everyone in the office could agree on, it would be the general fact that it takes a lot for Park Chanyeol to get irritated…

 

Chanyeol squeezed his eyes closed as he pressed his fingers to his forehead, holding back an annoyed growl.

He gave a soft sigh as he swiped all of the papers on his desk onto the floor, barely keeping himself composed as he refrained from looking at the man who jumped back with a startled gasp.

 

                …Yet it only took a single sentence for a certain, annoying little mushroom to irritate him.

 

“I’m not some intern,” Chanyeol replied as he adjusted his glasses, not sparing the short man by his desk a glance before returning to typing. “Go do your own work.”

Baekhyun’s lip curled in a snarl as he snatched the papers up from the ground, growling something about it being too unpleasant to keep giraffes in an office environment when he ought to return to the zoo.

Chanyeol sighed and opened his eyes as the man shuffled away from his desk, glancing over his shoulder as the brunette waddled toward the copier machines in the corner of the room.

It wasn’t exactly that he and Byun Baekhyun were enemies; they just weren’t friends either. Or at least that was how he viewed it. To Baekhyun, they could be archenemies because it seemed like Baekhyun’s sole purpose was to make Chanyeol’s life difficult. It was as though Byun Baekhyun was eternally punishing him just for taking up space and breathing his precious oxygen.

Chanyeol just decided that he wouldn’t put up with it anymore.

He didn’t want to be mean to Baekhyun, but tolerating him became more of a pain than using any means possible to force him to go away.

Chanyeol frowned as a few of the papers slipped from the bottom of the messy pile in the arms of the short boy, who gave an upset growl in response. Baekhyun slowly bent over to pick up the fallen papers, giving Chanyeol the perfect view of his perfectly round perked up in the air, tight in those pinstripe slacks that he wore to work probably because he thought they accentuated his curves better than any plain colored suit did.

It was true though. He looked nice in other pairs, but those specific pants made him look twice as fine.

Chanyeol bit his lip a little.

Dat. .

He shook his head and turned away from the sight as the brunette stood up straight again and threw a few sharp glances around the room before shuffling back off toward the copy machines.

Chanyeol would reason that these thoughts he had toward the brunette were normal and shouldn’t be acted upon, and he shouldn’t think more about them than necessary. Anyone would probably find Baekhyun’s attractive. Staring meant nothing. Just that he had a nice . Not that Chanyeol was attracted to it. Or to him. At all.

Of course not.

“Stop daydreaming about your man crush,” Luhan would whisper behind a snicker, having randomly popped up out of nowhere like always.

“He’s not my man crush,” Chanyeol would groan, flicking a piece of paper at the curly-haired man.  “I just wonder what makes him hate me so much specifically.” Chanyeol had seen Baekhyun be happy around others with his perfect smile and all until his eyes landed on Chanyeol, and his face would immediately drop and scrunch up into a look of disgust until he turned away.

Luhan leaned back against his desk, staring at Chanyeol from the corner of his eyes. “The fact that you’re like a meter taller than him and mistook him for a trashcan when you first met?”

Chanyeol groaned as he hid his face in his hands, recalling how red both his and Baekhyun’s face had turned that day when Chanyeol had thrown a wad of paper at him from a distance before he stuttered some apologies, claiming that he looked so small in the corner and accidentally thought he was a trashcan. The other man then shouted something about how he’s fun-sized and it was Chanyeol who was some overgrown cactus that had been stretched by a malfunctioning taffy-puller or something. In fact, it was probably that incident that started this entire almost-rivalry/not-rivalry. “Don’t remind me of that.”

Thankfully, the troublesome brunette’s office was a floor above his, so under usual circumstances, he wouldn’t need to see him often if at all, though he was most often seen on the 14th floor anyways, if anything, just to bother Chanyeol. He swore that Baekhyun didn’t even do anything productive when he was on this floor – he was literally just there to be a bother.

Perhaps seeing Chanyeol slaving over all the unnecessary work he tried to push on to him was pleasing to his soul, or something.

If he even has a soul, Chanyeol mused as the brunette wandered away, though Chanyeol’s eyes remained fixated on that of his until he swayed it out of his sight.

Chanyeol slapped his cheeks softly. Focus, focus. He was staying overtime today, so he had to get his work done.

 

By the time Chanyeol had finished his work, the building seemed nearly desolate. He gave a large yawn as he stretched in his seat, packed his belongings, and turned off the last remaining light in the room.

He shifted his weight from one leg to the other as he impatiently waited for the elevator to stop on his floor, and after a minute or so passed, Chanyeol thought that the ding signaling the elevator’s arrival had never been more relieving. He let out a soft sigh as he looked upward, yet when the doors opened, he caught sight of a man already inside, tiredly leaning against the wall with a thoughtful frown on his face and downcast eyes, glaring at a piece of lint somewhere in the corner of the elevator.

The man inside slowly glanced upward, meeting Chanyeol’s eyes with his own slightly wide ones that quickly narrowed into judging slits.

As fast as their eyes had locked, Baekhyun turned to the elevator control panel and slapped the “door close” button with his palm, but automatically realizing this would be his reaction, Chanyeol rushed toward the elevator and stuck his foot into the door before it was able to close. Mentally patting himself on the back, he slipped through the slit in the grayish-blue doors and into the elevator, casting Baekhyun a condescending glare as the door mechanically closed behind him.

Baekhyun leaned against the wall with a tired sigh. “You could have waited for the next elevator,” he mumbled, glancing at his watch and anywhere except for Chanyeol.

Chanyeol rolled his eyes before leaning against the opposite wall, opting not to respond as the elevator started its trek downward.

Baekhyun had glanced toward him from the corner of his eye every so often, looking up and down his suit before he turned away from him with a snarl.

Chanyeol opened his mouth to sarcastically ask if his presence was bothering the brunette (and though he knew that the answer would be yes, he didn’t think asking would cause any harm), but the elevator made a strange whirring sound and shifted strangely, bouncing a little as it felt like it quickly came to a halt.

He turned his gaze toward the doors, assuming that another person in the elevator would alleviate the awkwardness brewing between them, but the elevator didn’t seem to have stopped at another floor, and the doors hadn’t opened.

“What the heck,” Baekhyun mumbled, glancing around. “Did it stop?” He tapped the screen display that showed the current floor number, but the numbers weren’t changing at all.

All of the color drained from Chanyeol’s face. “Is it stuck?”

Baekhyun looked to Chanyeol with wide eyes and then back to the elevator’s panel. “No. No, no please no,” Baekhyun stuttered frantically, repeatedly jabbing the ‘open door’ button with his thumb. “Open! Don’t get me stuck in here! Anyone but him, god dammit.”

Chanyeol crossed his arms across his chest. How could they be stuck this terrible arrangement, yet Baekhyun still has time to worry about breathing the same air as him?

He gave a sigh as Baekhyun started panicking, repeatedly pressing the buttons on the control panel and mumbling something that sounded faintly like “come on, baby, I believe in you,” yet when their surroundings still didn’t change, he let out a distressed whimper before he ran to the doors and threw his arms out to his sides, shouting, “Open Sesame!”

Chanyeol narrowed his eyes in a glare that asked “Did you really think that would work?”

Baekhyun glanced over his shoulder and whined, “I’m desperate, okay?”

Chanyeol just rolled his eyes and leaned back into his position, watching to see what other things the brunette would do to embarrass himself in his presence.

“Is there any way to get out?” Baekhyun asked as he returned to the middle of the elevator. “In movies, there are usually those panels in the ceiling or something to escape through–” Baekhyun jumped, trying to claw at the ceiling, but his jumps fell short as his arms frantically swiped at the air above him.

“Stop, Byun,” Chanyeol groaned and caught the brunette’s hips as he prepared to jump again. “You’re too short to even touch the ceiling; what makes you think you can escape through it?”

Baekhyun glared over his shoulder at Chanyeol, debating between punching the man in the face and kicking his royal ’s crown jewels. He tried to pull himself out of Chanyeol’s grasp, growling, “Well if I’m too short, why don’t you try?”

Chanyeol frowned as he let go of the brunette’s hips. “Those are movies. It’s probably not safe to escape through an elevator like that anyways.” Chanyeol stood up straight as a conclusion for why Baekhyun could be so terrified quickly came to mind. “Are you claustrophobic?” Chanyeol asked softly, looking down to the brunette below him with a frown.

“No,” Baekhyun mumbled, pulling himself away from Chanyeol and turning around to face him. “I just really don’t like… being stuck in a place where I don’t want to be.”

Chanyeol raised an eyebrow, refusing to allow his mind to wonder whether that statement was direction toward being stuck in the elevator in general, or just being stuck in the elevator with him.

“A-Anyways,” Baekhyun began as he turned away from him, “Shouldn’t we shout or something to get someone to notice us?”

“No. No one would hear us,” Chanyeol mumbled with a frown. “There aren’t that many people left here this late…”

Baekhyun gave him an unamused sneer. “Then what else are we supposed to do? We don’t have all that many options, Chanyeol.”

Chanyeol heaved a sigh as he leaned back. “I guess we just have to endure it until one of the mechanics fix it for us. Perhaps the power’s been cut and we’ll just have to wait for a while until they get it back.”

Baekhyun blinked before he turned to his bag and rummaged through it. He pulled out his phone in haste and dialed a number quickly, and it only rang a few times before the noise faded.

“Kim Jongdae!” Baekhyun screamed into his phone before the other person had a chance to answer.

Jongdae’s frown was evident in his voice. “What did I do this time?”

“As someone who works on elevators, I’d assume you’d make a decent one so situations like these wouldn’t occur!”

There was a pause. “You’re… stuck in the elevator?”

“Get your skimpy, mechanic back over here and fix this!”

Chanyeol could hear Jongdae sigh over the line. “Okay, okay, but my isn’t skimpy–”

“You won’t have a , skimpy or not, if you’re not fixing this elevator in the next five seconds!”

“Fine!” Jongdae yelped. “We’ll do it as fast as we can.”

Baekhyun seemed like he opened his mouth to shout at the mechanic again, but the line was cut before he could get a word out. Giving a frustrated growl, he let out a whine as he leaned back against the wall. “Ah, it’s so cramped in here!”

Chanyeol pursed his lips. “At least there’s some room, and you’re not packed between 20 other people, struggling to breathe.”

“I’d rather choke to death in an elevator full of gross, sweaty people than stay in this one with you,” Baekhyun snarled, shooting the man a sharp glare like it could pierce through his heart and kill him on the spot.

Chanyeol rolled his eyes at the melodramatic brunette with a groan. “It could be worse–”

“Worse?” Baekhyun shouted. “What could be worse than being stuck in this tiny little elevator with you?!” Baekhyun shouted as he stomped his foot on the floor and the lights in the ceiling quickly shut off, leaving the two in utter darkness.

There was silence for a few seconds until Baekhyun screamed in anger, sliding down against the wall and holding his head in frustration.

Chanyeol shuffled through his bag and pulled out his phone, turning it on to illuminate the elevator. He turned toward the boy who was sitting in the corner of the elevator with his knees pressed up to his chest, looking like a mess that Chanyeol would rather not clean up.

“How long are we going to be stuck here?!” Baekhyun cried, curling more into the corner and scowling at the light from Chanyeol’s phone.

Chanyeol frowned and sat down on the wall adjacent to Baekhyun’s. “I don’t know, but there’s no use complaining about it now.”

Baekhyun growled as he hugged his knees tighter and turned away from Chanyeol, promptly ending their conversation and giving Chanyeol the implication that he wouldn’t want to start another one any time soon.

 

Ten dull, stale minutes passed in darkness and silence.

 

Chanyeol stretched out his legs, still uncomfortable from the large amount of silence that had stilled in the room and created a more suffocating atmosphere than there was before. He had exhausted all forms of entertainment and resulted to just being bored as he stared up to the ceiling, wondering how long it would take for Jongdae and the others to get them out of this elevator.

Then after a while, albeit hesitantly and out of curiosity for what the other had been doing for all of this time, Chanyeol glanced to the brunette, curled in on himself in the corner, shaking from the cold as he tugged on his thin tan cardigan that had replaced his suit’s jacket, attempting to cover himself in the small amount of warmth it could give.

Baekhyun had been doing nothing for the past few minutes, but he never seemed like the type to sit around idly for a long time. He hadn’t glanced in Chanyeol’s direction, and he hadn’t said any type of insult toward him since their span of silence began.

It was like a new record, Chanyeol assumed, that the brunette hadn’t spoken for at least ten minutes, but the fact that he hadn’t said anything spiteful toward him was even more surprising.

Chanyeol frowned at the man who reminded him of a small, discarded puppy as he noticed Baekhyun give a small shiver and curl in on himself, trying to keep warm in the elevator. Unable to watch Baekhyun lie alone in his misery for much longer, he gave a small sigh and shuffled toward him. “Are you cold?” he asked, his voice soft but loud enough to break the silence as he ped his jacket and hesitantly made his way closer to the corner where the man was lying.

“I’m not,” Baekhyun mumbled back, curling more into a small, shuddering ball.

“You are,” he whispered, pulling the stubborn little brunette toward him, but he just shuffled further back into his corner.

“Chanyeol, let go–”

Chanyeol slid closer toward him and wrapped his arms around the brunette, turning him around to pull his face into his chest and hold him there.

“What the- Chanyeol!” Baekhyun shouted into Chanyeol’s chest as the taller man wrapped his thick jacket around both himself and the protesting midget in his grasp. Chanyeol let out a soft sigh as Baekhyun shouted a stream of muffled profanities at him until his arms tired and he stopped fidgeting after a minute or so, settling down in Chanyeol’s warm embrace.

Chanyeol let a small amount of silence settle between them as Baekhyun tiredly rested his cheek against Chanyeol’s chest and his shivering slowed to a halt.

After a few moments of silence mixed with the soft sound of Baekhyun’s breathing slowing down in soft gasps in contrast with his own long comfortable breaths, Chanyeol’s voice came out in a soft whisper. “The warmth is nice, isn’t it?”

Baekhyun nodded as he hesitantly shuffled closer toward him and wrapped his arms around Chanyeol’s frame, and Chanyeol pulled him more into his jacket as they sat in a small lump together on the cold, tiled floor. Chanyeol let his eyes close as he focused on the places where Baekhyun’s cold, soft skin brushed against his own and would stretch his jacket over the exposed places.

“Think nothing of this…” Baekhyun mumbled softly, readjusting his face against Chanyeol’s warm body. “We’re only like this because I’m tired and cold… and you offered, so…”

Chanyeol nodded, holding the brunette closer to him. “Of course, Baekhyun.” Chanyeol ran his hands up and down the goose bumps on Baekhyun’s arms, soothing his chilled skin with the warmth of his own large hands. Baekhyun shuddered slightly under the jacket, tangling his legs with Chanyeol’s to absorb some of the heat radiating off the man in this cold, steel box that had forced them together.

Minutes passed in silence under the dim light from Chanyeol’s phone, but neither of the two had retracted from their position. Baekhyun’s eyes had slowly fluttered closed as the two lay together, arms wrapped around each other and limbs entwined like two trees whose branches had entangled. Chanyeol rested his head against the side of the elevator, softly patting Baekhyun’s back every once in a while when it felt like the small boy had fallen asleep using him as a pillow.

Chanyeol took the opportunity to observe the petite features of the man leaning in to him, and although he had protested that Baekhyun wasn’t his man crush, he’d be lying if he said that the small brunette wasn’t attractive up close. Chanyeol’s eyes were quickly drawn to his small, pink lips and the point of his cupid’s bow at the top of his lips. His long eyelashes and his small button nose. Chanyeol ran his thumb across the brunette’s cheek, brushing away a few strands of hair that stuck to his bottom lip. A small smile graced his lips as Chanyeol closed his eyes, hugging the boy closer to him as he shifted his position.

“Chanyeol…”

Chanyeol froze, and his mind shifted between wondering how awake that Baekhyun was and immediately making excuses to avoid his wrath if he scolded him for admiring him – er, bothering him while he was sleeping, until he curled up more and let out a heavy sigh. “I want to go home,” Baekhyun whispered into Chanyeol’s chest, burying his nose into the crook of his arm. “I’m tired and hungry, and I want to go home…”

Chanyeol tiredly looked down to the small brunette in his arms, curled up in his jacket like a homeless puppy that he wanted to cuddle with and take home. He lifted one arm from his side and ran his thumb down his soft, smooth cheek before curling his finger under his chin. “Baekhyun,” Chanyeol whispered softly, raising the boy’s face from his chest, his eyes beautifully highlighted by the soft blue tint of Chanyeol’s phone’s screen as he looked up to him.

The two stared at each other in silence until Baekhyun gave a small, sad smile. “You know, it’s funny…” he whispered, eyes still focused on Chanyeol’s, “... it’s funny that I’m huddling together with you and holding on to you like this when I dislike you so much.”

Baekhyun chuckled softly as he leaned toward Chanyeol, one arm unwrapping from around the tall man’s thin frame to cradle his face in his hand as he pushed himself up into a better sitting position, and Chanyeol’s eyes stayed locked on his as he shifted away from him.

Chanyeol opened his mouth slightly, lips parted to whisper the brunette’s name again, but the word caught in his throat as Baekhhyun’s eyes fluttered closed and his voice escaped in a soft whisper. “And it’s also kind of funny…”

Chanyeol’s back pressed against the side wall of the elevator, but his eyes kept their focus on the brunette’s soft features as his face neared his. He figured it must have been a dream. A dream to be stuck in an elevator with one of his most attractive co-workers. To be cuddling with someone so cute, small, and puppy-like... To have Byun Baekhyun pressing him up against the elevator wall like this…

 

“…and it’s a bit unfair…”

 

To feel Baekhyun’s warm breath on his lips…

 

“…that you look so damn attractive today.”

 

And finally, the timid brush of small, soft lips against his own.

 

And at that moment, everything in his mind just… vanished.

 

Chanyeol’s eyes widened slightly at the contact of Baekhyun’s small lips and the small amount of heat as his lips closed around Chanyeol’s, but the tall man just froze in his spot, staring straight ahead of him as he tried to wrap his mind around the fact that Byun freaking Baekhyun was actually kissing him right now.

Baekhyun drew away from him slowly after just a few seconds had passed, his lips slowly disconnecting yet clinging to Chanyeol’s as though attempting to hold on for longer.

A heavy silence stilled in the air between the few centimeters that their noses were apart. The sound of his heartbeat pounding in his ears and the dryness of his throat seemed to be the only things that filled Chanyeol’s mind as he tried not to recall how Baekhyun’s tiny pink lips were just pressed to his own.

Chanyeol tentatively opened his mouth to say something – to say anything – and his voice escaped in a cracked whisper. “…I…” but Baekhyun cut him off as he pushed himself further into Chanyeol’s lap, capturing his surprised, slightly parted lips between his own and wrapped his arms around Chanyeol’s neck as he sank into his lap.

Chanyeol stared at the boy in surprise until allowing his eyes to close as he positioned his lips around the boy’s bottom lip, wrapping his arms tighter around Baekhyun’s back. They tangled together under the heat of Chanyeol’s jacket that was slowly slipping away from them as they shuffled around, yet they were still warmed by each other’s bodies pressed against each other and the warmth of their connected mouths that sent pleasant, electric jolts through Chanyeol’s skin. Baekhyun cradled Chanyeol’s face in his hands as he readjusted their positions, leaning forward to push Chanyeol down on his back as he straddled him, still holding his face in his hands as he gently on Chanyeol’s upper lip and slowly drew away.

And as their lips lost contact, the lingering scent of mint and tingles from the memory and the boy’s warm breath twirled around Chanyeol’s head, making him dizzy as he slowly opened his eyes and stared up to the small brunette on top of him, who panted softly and stared down to Chanyeol with wide eyes, his hair falling in front of his face in a way that made him look childishly angelic amidst the soft blue glow from Chanyeol’s dying phone.

Baekhyun’s small fingers curled somewhat against his cheeks, and Chanyeol focused on his soft touch before he closed his eyes again, slightly pushing himself upward to capture the boy’s lips once again, and Baekhyun’s own eyelids fluttered closed as he slowly dipped his head, chestnut brown hair swaying to one side as he leaned in toward Chanyeol.

As the dim backlight from the phone slowly faded, Chanyeol breathed in Baekhyun’s sweet, minty scent as the heat of their breaths mixed with each other, and their lips slowly neared to connect once again…

But then the elevator lurched, and the lights flickered back on as the elevator slowly returned to life.

“We’re sorry for the wait, guys! We got the power back!” Jongdae’s mechanical voice appeared through the speaker in the elevator.

Baekhyun’s eyes shot open as he jumped away from Chanyeol, frantically scampering toward the opposite corner and stumbling as he attempted to stand, hesitantly eyeing the small camera in the corner of the elevator that was slowly regaining life as he smoothed down his hair, hoping to look presentable and dignified.

Chanyeol blinked twice as he sat up. His voice cracked as he opened his lips to speak. “Baekhyun–”

“J-Jongdae, what the hell took you so long?”

Jongdae’s laughter reappeared over the speaker. “Sorry, it was an accident.”

“It – It better have been!” Baekhyun shouted through the emergency speaker as he glared up to the CCTV in the corner of the elevator with that pouted frown on his lips, trying to overcome the shakiness in his voice. “We’ve been in here for god knows how long.”

Chanyeol’s eyes focused on the way the brunette nervously shifted his weight and how his hands clutched his shoulders, rubbing them anxiously as a sigh and Jongdae’s voice and came out of the speaker.

“We’ll get you out of there soon though – don’t worry.”

“Good…” Baekhyun whispered softly as he tapped his foot impatiently, and his eyes intently watched the numbers decrease as they passed their respective floors.

The beeps from the elevator as they continued their descent echoed in Chanyeol’s ears along with the pounding in his temples as his heart slowed down, trying to hold on to the last of those images of Baekhyun on top of him, lust evident in his eyes and his swollen pink lips just a few seconds before.

Chanyeol slowly shuffled up to his feet and reached out a hand toward the brunette as the elevator slowed to a halt at the ground floor.

“Baekhyun, I–”

“Don’t,” Baekhyun whispered, slapping away the taller man’s hand as the doors opened, and showed him the most penitent smile he had ever seen. “Please just forget about that.”

Half a second later, Baekhyun had already shuffled out of the doors and was hurrying across the lobby before Chanyeol could stop him, watching as he shuddered and rubbed his arms in that flimsy sweater when he stepped out into the cool, October air.

----------------

Chanyeol was annoyed.

Chanyeol was very annoyed.

He drummed his fingers on his desk as he stared blankly in the direction of the elevator, waiting for anything to happen to take him out of his daze, yet when no strange events occurred, he gave another upset sigh and rested his head on his desk.

In the days that followed the elevator incident, Chanyeol very rarely ran into Baekhyun. Since that past Wednesday, he hadn’t even seen the little brunette on his floor, much less near the area where he worked. It was frustrating, actually. He wouldn’t stop by his desk just to bother him or ask for any more annoying requests. Blowing off the other worker’s requests and teasing him had become part of his everyday routine now, so Chanyeol was getting bored without the little mushroom by his side, and though he wouldn’t admit it, he kind of… missed him, in a way.

So when there was a slap on the back of his head that caused him to jerk up in his seat and turn toward the intruder, his surprised smile faded into a disappointed frown when he realized it was just Luhan.

“I swear, you’re like a girl that just got rejected or something.”

Chanyeol’s frown shifted into a grimace as he turned back around. “That’s not it; I’m just incredibly bored.”

Luhan pulled out Chanyeol’s chair and pushed him out of it. “Well you being bored isn’t getting any work done, so come do some other stuff with me.”

Chanyeol would have protested, but he figured this way would get his mind off some certain things.

He had gone with Luhan to retrieve some supplies from a closet that was further away from his cubicle than he would have liked. Luhan had forced him to carry back the majority of the materials (because apparently being too tall means he should be doing more work), and he was in the middle of refuting that claim when someone who wasn’t paying much attention bumped into him.

Chanyeol let all the supplies fall from his hands as he caught the small man that had bumped into him, but he froze when he looked down to the brunette in his arms, who was groaning softly as he struggled to stand.

The man pulled himself out from Chanyeol’s arms quickly, stuttering a messy apology and giving a slight bow until his eyes met Chanyeol’s and he realized who he had actually ran into.

“Baek–”

“W-watch where you’re going, you giraffe,” Baekhyun growled before huffing and stomping away, holding his head up high and puffing out his chest.

Chanyeol sighed as he watched him walk away. “But you were the one that ran into me…”

-------

Baekhyun let his shoulders droop as he turned around the corner.

Somehow he had found himself on the 14th floor again, but he actually had something he needed to do here today. He’d been staying away from this floor for… certain reasons, but he just didn’t feel like he belonged on the 15th floor when he was so used to spending so much time on this floor.

He was trying to get the business he had to do on this floor done quickly so he could return back to his own office without conflict, but he should have known that if he was on this floor though, he’d run into that giraffe at least once.

Seeing Chanyeol made his heart stop in a way he would really rather not admit to. He was so lost in his thoughts about the tall man that he didn’t even notice he was right in front of him. He figured that after that elevator incident, avoiding Chanyeol would be the best, but because he wasn’t bothering the other office worker as much recently, his mind was clouded with thoughts of him.

I wonder what Chanyeol’s wearing today. How dare he look so nice; it’s very disturbing, and he needs to stop. Is he busy? Did he eat lunch yet? I hope he starves to death and dies.

Baekhyun let a small sigh escape his lips as he pushed through the door to bathroom and paused in front of the mirror to stare at his face – the bags under his eyes, the creases in his forehead. He wasn’t wearing eyeliner today, so his eyes looked small, dull and tired, which really added to his whole miserable look.

Baekhyun groaned as he the tap, splashed water onto his face, and hastily wiped it away. He gave himself a simple nod and turned toward the stalls, but the door slammed open and Chanyeol burst through it, stomping toward him with a dissatisfied yet confused frown tugging on his lips.

“What are you doing in here?” Chanyeol asked with a snarl as he grabbed Baekhyun’s arm.

“Going to the bathroom, you dumb–”

Chanyeol threw a sharp look in the direction of the door as his ears perked up at a small sound. Without a second between, he pushed Baekhyun into the stall and slipped in behind him, locking the door behind them.

“Cha-Chanyeol! What are you–” Chanyeol clamped his hand over the brunette’s mouth, pushing him against the opposite wall with a sharp “shh!” as the sound of the door to the bathroom closing echoed throughout the empty room. He glared at the door, focusing too hard on the sound of two contrasting voices that had entered the bathroom.

Squished up against each other in the tiny space of the stall, Baekhyun could hear Chanyeol hold and release his breath as the people walked past the stall they were crumpled inside. Baekhyun’s cheeks turned a faint pink as Chanyeol continued to hold his hand over his mouth. The tension between them was thick enough to wrap around his neck and choke himself to death, which Baekhyun actually debated attempting to do because he felt like he’d rather die than be stuck in another small space with Chanyeol again. Their legs tangled together awkwardly in the small amount of space in front of the toilet, with one of Chanyeol’s legs between his own, and the other strangely thrown out to the side of Baekhyun’s body, placing him in a position where he was curled slightly over the smaller boy beneath him.

Baekhyun stared up to the tall (and strikingly attractive) man with wide eyes as he stared at the stall door, focusing on the noises the people outside of the stall were making. Chanyeol was shielding him with his body, towering over him like a school bully… or like he was ready to tear off his clothes and make him beg for mercy as he pressed Baekhyun’s flushed, body against the cold, pale walls of the bathroom stall, ruthlessly pounding into him to the harmony of their hastened pants and moans.

Damn, he looked hella y.

Baekhyun tore Chanyeol’s hand away from his mouth with a grimace. “What the hell, Chanyeol?” he hissed, wiping his lips with the back of his hand as he attempted to get any of the previous thoughts of Chanyeol out of his mind.

“What?” Chanyeol spat back, “Do you want to get caught creeping in the girls’ bathroom?”

Baekhyun’s eyes widened for half a second. Girls’ bathroom?

The way his stare was directed toward him made Baekhyun cower under his intense gaze, and he turned his face away, swallowing thickly from their proximity (and his own embarrassment for unknowingly wandering into the ladies’ restroom) and the way that Chanyeol’s chest was just a few centimeters away from being squished up against his own.

Baekhyun let out a soft sigh.

How do we keep ending up stuck together like this?

The small brunette groaned and whispered harshly, “Why do women have such tiny stalls,” as he tried to push Chanyeol away from him to get into a more comfortable position, but Chanyeol chided him softly, attempting to reposition his legs in the narrow space that he had forced them both in to.

They fought for dominance amidst low, upset grumbles as they pushed against each other, trying to shove themselves into the largest space (and perhaps get the other into the most uncomfortable position possible as well) while trying to make the least amount of suspicious noise that they could. Their legs danced around each other in discomfort for quite a while as they each attempted to get into a better position, though they would brush against a thigh or press too closely to each other every once in a while. But Baekhyun would shiver every time Chanyeol’s warm skin would linger for too long against his own, and he held his breath as he looked away from the taller man, trying to focus on anything but how nice he looked today and how much he kind of missed their confrontations too.

As both of the women walked away from the stalls and toward the sinks at the front of the restroom, Chanyeol let out a small sigh before he gave a soft chuckle and gestured as well as he could to their positions. “I told you it could get worse than an elevator.”

Baekhyun shifted in his position, accidentally rubbing his leg against Chanyeol’s again to move them into a slightly wider open space as he lowered his voice and groaned, “That doesn’t mean I wanted to be stuck in the girls’ bathroom with you and your long legs either.”

Chanyeol gave a sigh as he rested his head against the wall above Baekhyun’s head. “But what a coincidence that we’re stuck in such a small space together again.”

“Coincidence?” the shorter asked with a scoff. “What coincidence? That you followed me into the bathroom and shoved us together in here?”

Chanyeol almost let out a dry laugh until a woman’s voice caught his ear, though Baekhyun’s harsh whispers still continued.

Chanyeol held up his hand to stop Baekhyun from speaking, but the older man, still unaware of the situation, spoke out his objections. “What are you–”

Chanyeol placed his hand on the back of Baekhyun’s head and pulled him into his chest, effectively shutting him up and allowing himself more room to adjust his position in the stall.

“Shh,” Chanyeol mumbled, holding Baekhyun’s head into his chest and wrapping his other arm around the small of his back as he leaned back against the wall.

Baekhyun squeezed his eyes closed as his nose pressed into the cloth of Chanyeol’s shirt, vaguely aware of his heartbeat that was definitely much faster than Chanyeol’s and trying his best not to breathe in Chanyeol’s obvious scent that smelled so strangely delicious and reminded him of the same intoxicating aroma of his that Baekhyun couldn’t get enough of as it filled the interior of the elevator on that one specific Wednesday…

“P…P…Park Chanyeol,” Baekhyun hissed, trying to pull away, but Chanyeol just held him closer with a soft sigh.

“I wish you’d stop fighting me,” Chanyeol bent down and whispered harshly against his ear, causing the small boy to freeze as a chill ran down his spine. “Can’t you just be a bit submissive for a second?”

Submissive, my , Baekhyun mused. If anyone was dominant in this relationship, it’d be him–

Wait. What relationship. There was no relationship. A growl slowly died in Baekhyun’s throat as he lost himself in his thoughts, dazedly leaning into Chanyeol’s chest as he sank deeper into his mind until the sound of the woman’s heels receding away from the stall area took him out of his stupor.

Baekhyun cleared his throat as the noise faded. Chanyeol sighed as he let go of Baekhyun, who pushed himself away with a large gasp of air and slapped Chanyeol’s chest.

“I couldn’t breathe, you stupid–”

“Aww,” Chanyeol grabbed the boy’s cheeks, forcing him to look at him and looked down to him with a sarcastic smile. “Did I take your breath away?”

The pink tint on Baekhyun’s cheeks darkened slightly as he attempted to push himself away from Chanyeol, slapping away his hand and hastily reaching over him to unlock the stall door, though he stumbled over Chanyeol’s awkwardly positioned legs, pushing the gangly giraffe out through the stall door and onto the floor, and he fell immediately after him.

Chanyeol cringed as he hit the floor, but his hands immediately shot up to stabilize the brunette before he could fully land on his chest, catching him at his hips so he didn’t completely crush him. Chanyeol looked up to the scared features of Baekhyun as he stared wide-eyed back down to him. “Chan…”

Chanyeol blinked as the words “Are you okay” died on his lips when Baekhyun attempted to adjust his leg, and his knee uncomfortably pushed against Chanyeol’s crotch, causing Chanyeol’s hands to unconsciously tighten on Baekhyun’s hips.

Baekhyun attempted to jerk away from the man beneath him in surprise until the door to the bathroom creaked open once again. Both Baekhyun and Chanyeol turned their sight toward wall hiding the door from the stalls until Chanyeol rolled them on to their sides and swiftly picked Baekhyun up, pulling him back into the stall and slamming the door closed.

Chanyeol fell back, crashing on top of the toilet seat and Baekhyun sat on his lap in a daze. He panted softly in surprise, and Baekhyun blinked twice as his chest heaved against his back, while they both listened to the woman walk past their stall.

Chanyeol gave a tired laugh as he wrapped his arms around Baekhyun’s waist and rested his chin on his shoulder. “Just another minute, I guess.”

Baekhyun stared forward, blatantly ignoring Chanyeol’s whisper against his neck and the heat of his body pressed up against him from behind. Blatantly ignoring the intimate position that Chanyeol had placed them in, as well as the way Chanyeol was holding him there and refusing to let him go. Blatantly ignoring the fact that he didn’t want him to let go either.

The stayed in this position for a few minutes, with Chanyeol tiredly leaning against Baekhyun, and Baekhyun freaking out in his mind, stuck somewhere between wanting to lean back into Chanyeol’s chest and wanting to pull away from him. He found a strange sense of comfort in Chanyeol’s warmth though, and for some strange reason, he didn’t want to lose it.

The woman left the bathroom soon after, but when Baekhyun shifted his weight to get up, Chanyeol’s arms tightened around his waist.

“Chanyeol–”

“Wait…” Chanyeol mumbled, nuzzling his nose into his neck, “Let’s stay here for one more second.”

Baekhyun froze. His voice was so deep and thick with desire at that moment that Baekhyun didn’t know what else to do besides oblige. His head felt warm and hazy as he back into his position on top of Chanyeol as the tall man’s scent tantalized his senses, and he leaned back into him with a blissful sigh that he attempted to pass off as irritation until Chanyeol’s hands started drifting lower, straying away from his hips.

He opened his eyes slowly.

“Chanyeol,” Baekhyun mumbled lowly, placing his hands over Chanyeol’s.

“Shh…”

“Your hands are–”

“Baek–”

“Where hands definitely shouldn’t be.”

Chanyeol curled his fingers a little, brushing against the small bulge in Baekhyun’s pants before possessively placing his palms over it. He gave a blissful sigh as he turned his lips into Baekhyun’s neck and whispered softly against the sensitive skin, “… I know.”

Baekhyun’s eye twitched with discontent.

“Move them please.”

“Hmm… what if I say no?”

Baekhyun growled as he took Chanyeol’s hands away from his pants, but Chanyeol just laughed and said, “Okay, okay, I’ll move them,” before he slipped one hand underneath the brunette’s waistband.

Baekhyun jerked up in his seat but Chanyeol held him down, giving another laugh as he d his through his tight slacks with his other hand. “You have a firm ,” Chanyeol mumbled. “I like firm butts.”

Baekhyun stuttered over his response. “P-Park Chanyeol, stop – stop, this isn’t proper workplace behavior–”

“Hmm,” Chanyeol mumbled, nuzzling his nose in the side of his neck as his hand squeezed his again in a way that made Baekhyun’s breath catch in his throat. “Neither is wandering into the women’s bathroom, you naughty, naughty boy.” He drew his hand out of his pants and slid it up Baekhyun’s shirt, running his broad, cold hands across Baekhyun’s flat, slightly toned stomach and rubbed at one of the hard, brown nubs on his chest. He gave a deep groan and whispered breathily, “You need to be punished for that.”

Baekhyun’s cheeks felt like they were on fire because he was sure that Chanyeol could feel how fast his heart was beating when Chanyeol let out an appreciative sigh and pressed his lips to his neck, whispering into the warm skin, “God, you’re so beautiful.”

Baekhyun attempted to find his voice to give a snarky response, but the only noises he could produce were those soft whimpers, which Chanyeol took as encouragement to continue.

“Baekhyun…” Chanyeol growled lowly in a way that sounded thick with possession and lust that made the brunette throw his head back with a soft moan.

“Baekhyun….” He growled once again, fingers squeezing the brown nub on his chest as he drew a small trail of kisses across the underside of his jaw.

Baekhyun rolled his hips downward, grinding against the semi-hard bulge in Chanyeol’s pants, and he left out a soft whimper as he turned his head toward Chanyeol’s and leaned in toward him desperately, smashing their lips together in a fashion similar to a train wreck. Baekhyun bit Chanyeol’s bottom lip with a loud moan as he slowly drew away from him and looked up to Chanyeol’s eyes, darkened with desire until they slowly closed again.

“Baekhyun,” Chanyeol whispered into his lips once more before attaching them again until Baekhyun pulled away, holding their foreheads together with a response on the tip of his tongue to whisper back against the tall man’s lips.

 

“Baekhyun…” Chanyeol’s voice changed to a soft whisper, drawing Baekhyun back into reality as some of the heat in his body faded as Chanyeol lifted his chin from his shoulder, “she’s gone now, so we can go. There’s work to do.”

Baekhyun blinked, coming out of his fantasy as he tore Chanyeol’s arms away from his waist and shot up from the younger man’s lap. “Right. Right of course.” He put a hand on the lock of the stall before staring at it and turning toward Chanyeol, his eyes focusing on the giant’s handsome features as he thought about the images that were running through his mind. Chanyeol’s lips on his neck. His large, rough fingers against his bare skin. His deep voice groaning his name. Baekhyun bit his lip before he squeezed his eyes closed.

Don’t think about it. Chanyeol isn’t like that.

Chanyeol raised an eyebrow at the frozen brunette as he stood. “Is there something wrong?”

Baekhyun shook his head quickly, hair slapping against his bright red cheeks. “Nothing besides the fact that you’re a giant idiot,” he retorted, voice cracking as he turned away and unlocked the stall before quickly scampering out of it.

Chanyeol blinked before slipping out of the stall right after him. “Wait, Baekhyun,” Chanyeol stuttered as he reached out a hand and grabbed Baekhyun’s wrist.

Baekhyun turned toward Chanyeol as he tried to tear his wrist away from him, slipping a little on the wet floor and pulling Chanyeol with him. He crashed into the wall behind him and Chanyeol put up his arms to catch himself, caging the boy between them.

Baekhyun shrank back into the wall as he stared up to him, their noses barely inches apart. Baekhyun turned his head away from the man, hiding the blush spreading across his cheeks and focusing his gaze on the floor. “Chanyeol, move so we can leave,” but Chanyeol didn’t move. Rather, he just stared down to him silently.

Baekhyun glared up to the man towering over him, speaking out his objections and telling the giraffe to move, but he still didn’t obey him. Instead, Chanyeol took a hand away from the wall and put it under Baekhyun’s chin, tilting it upward as he bent downward slightly. Baekhyun opened his mouth and said, “Chan–” but he was interrupted as Chanyeol slowly and silently connected their lips.

Although he initially hesitated, freezing in his spot, Baekhyun eventually sank slightly into his position, melting into the wall as Chanyeol leaned into him, pushing him further against the wall to gain more control over the small brunette. Baekhyun’s eyelids fluttered in ecstasy as Chanyeol’s lips closed around his and his teeth softly grazed against and nipped at his bottom lip as tingles danced up and down his spine.

It was then that his eyes snapped open as he quickly realized what they was doing. Startled, he drew away from him and slid down the wall a little, staring up to the tall man in front of him who smiled back down to him.

Chanyeol’s voice came out in a soft, shy whisper. “Did I take your breath away that time too?”

Baekhyun stared up to him in slight shock before his hand shakily found its way up his arm.

He squeaked as he pinched the skin.

It wasn’t a dream.

Chanyeol tilted his head slightly, his eyebrows drawing together in worry. “Baekhyun–”

“Don’t…” Baekhyun’s voice escaped in a soft breath as he shook his head slowly. “Please don’t do this.”

The teasing smirk slowly slipped away from Chanyeol’s face. “What did I–”

“Don’t do this, Chanyeol. Don’t tease me…”

Chanyeol blinked in confusion. “Tease you, I’m not tea–”

Baekhyun shook his head as he pushed away from Chanyeol, and though the taller man called after him, he escaped from his grasp, slipped out through the bathroom door, and ran down the hallway.

Chanyeol watched him leave.

-----------------

The days passed by slowly. The 14th floor was quieter than usual.

It was obvious that Baekhyun was ignoring him because it seemed like he was being extra careful to not appear on the 14th floor. The peace and quiet surrounding his desk was different and unusual, but it wasn’t unwelcome. Chanyeol figured that he didn’t mind all that much this time; he’d prefer to just put all of the awkward incidents behind him as well and just avoid the small mushroom.

Luhan would give him small worried glances every once in a while as Chanyeol would look up every so often to see if Baekhyun ever ended up on his floor, though he’d always look back down to his desk with a frown whenever he realized that Baekhyun wouldn’t just magically appear in front of his desk, no matter how many times he looked up.

Sometimes it took quite a bit of convincing to remind himself that he didn’t want to see him either.

It was about a week after when Chanyeol tapped on Luhan’s desk and gave him a small smile before asking if he would go to one of the supply closets with him.

 

Luhan held the door open with his foot as Chanyeol walked into the narrow closet and started digging around.

There were a few seconds of silence until Luhan got bored. “So,” he started tentatively, “How has Baekhyun been recently?”

Chanyeol shot him a glare; Luhan stuffed his hands in his pockets and looked away.

“Don’t mention him,” Chanyeol grumbled as he looked back into the closet.

“You guys are so cute though,” Luhan squealed softly. “I want to stuff you two in a box.”

Chanyeol shuddered. Please, no more tight spaces. Being pressed up against Byun Baekhyun again would drive him insane.

“Stuff you in a box and ship you two to a tropical island.”

Chanyeol’s ear twitched. “Stuff us in a box and…?”

“…Ship you?”

“You’d… ship us?”

“Sure, why not! I’d definitely ship you two!”

Chanyeol groaned as he turned back to the closet. “Don’t… don’t do that.”

Luhan shrugged as he looked away, ignorant to what Chanyeol was implying. “Suit yourself.” He gave a sigh before glancing at his watch. “I have other stuff to do, so I can’t stand here babysitting you all day. Don’t let the door close, okay? It locks on its own.”

“I know,” Chanyeol mumbled, “I guess I’ll be fine on my own.”

Luhan pursed his lips before smacking Chanyeol on the , mumbling, “whatever,” as he kicked down the door stopper and left the closet.

Chanyeol clicked his tongue with a sigh as he turned back to the boxes, yet against his wishes, his mind filled with Baekhyun – thoughts of how soothing his voice is (when he isn’t shouting at him), how nice his hips and his waist are, how soft his lips are... and whoa these thoughts are unwelcome–

“Hey–”

Startled, Chanyeol jerked his head up at the familiar voice and cursed as he hit one of the shelves above him. Rubbing the back of his head, he glanced toward the door where Baekhyun was peeking around and into the closet.

“Cha–” he cleared his throat. “Oh, hi.”

“Hi.” Chanyeol turned back to rummaging between the boxes.

Baekhyun stood in the doorway in silence, twiddling his fingers until Chanyeol spoke up again, his voice gruff and harsh. “Can I help you? 

Baekhyun frowned. “I need to get something from in here too, so…”

“Well I’m in here now, so you can go back and wait.”

“Well why should I leave?”

Baekhyun placed his hands on his hips with a pout on his lips. Chanyeol glanced back at him with an annoyed frown. “I don’t have time for this, Baek.”

Baekhyun’s frown deepened as he stepped further into the narrow supply closet as Chanyeol continued digging through the file cabinet’s drawers, trying not to think about how kissable Baekhyun’s pouted lips looked–

And where was that stupid box–

Chanyeol barely had time to react when Baekhyun opened his mouth to speak but his voice distorted into a shocked squeak as he crashed into him, pushing his body into the piles of boxes on the shelves, knocking a few from their rightful place and spilling the contents to the floor.

Chanyeol turned to the man quickly, preparing to scold him until he heard the door latch behind them.

Surrounded by darkness aside from the single beam of light streaming through the small window in the door, Chanyeol pushed the boy out of the way to the best of his ability, twisting the knob of the door frantically. “Oh no. No no no.”

Baekhyun glanced up from his uncomfortable position amidst the file cabinets and cardboard boxes. “What happened?”

“It’s locked.”

“It’s what?”

“Locked, Baekhyun, you locked it!” Chanyeol bumped into another cabinet behind him and cursed under his breath.

“It – It’s not my fault – something pushed me!”

“But it’s still locked, Baekhyun!”

Baekhyun gave a scared squeak as he ran into Chanyeol’s chest.

“Wait, what even was that?”

“It’s too dark in here–”

“Chanyeol, I can’t see anything–”

“Oh god, what did I just step on–”

“Ow! Yeol, stop stepping on my toes!”

Chanyeol reached out and grabbed the brunette’s shoulders to steady him before releasing a deep sigh. He swears, Baekhyun is getting him into all of these tight situations on purpose to make him feel uncomfortable.

“Just stay put,” Chanyeol growled, “and I’ll get us out of here.”

Chanyeol pulled his phone out of his pocket, but Baekhyun caught his wrist. “Wait,” he mumbled, tugging back on his wrist. “I’ve been wanting to talk to you.”

“Oh really?” Chanyeol groaned, exasperated, “it doesn’t seem so. You’ve been avoiding me since the elevator incident.”

Baekhyun looked down and bit his lip. Chanyeol rolled his eyes as he tugged his arm away and called Luhan, telling him about their predicament and asking him to come back with the keys.

When the line cut, he gave a sigh until Baekhyun’s voice caught his ears.

“Actually, Chanyeol, about that…” he started, “the elevator thing, I mean… I’m really sorry – I don’t know what happened, like, I didn’t want for that to happen, but you were in the elevator and it was just sort of–”

“Stop, Baekhyun.” Chanyeol interrupted with an upset growl. “I don’t want to hear this. Stop making up excuses, and I’ll just apologize for something I didn’t even do. I didn’t ask for any of this to happen either, Baekhyun, okay? I didn’t ask to get locked in here with you–”

“Do you think I did? I don’t want to be here with you either!” Baekhyun shouted, his face turning red in anger. “I don’t get why I have to be stuck with you all the time! Why are we always stuck in these dumb situations? Why are you always stuck in my mind when I just want you out of it?!”

Chanyeol blinked, all of the blind rage quickly dissipating from his body. “Wait, what was that?”

Baekhyun looked away from him stubbornly. “Nothing; just forget it.”

“No, it wasn’t nothing–”

“It was nothing, Chanyeol!” Baekhyun’s loud voice startled Chanyeol into silence as he backed up into the cabinet behind him. “It was nothing, okay? Just like all of these stupid words we’ve said, the stupid time we’ve spent stuck together, and those stupid spur of the moment kisses – it all meant nothing!”

Chanyeol’s eyes focused on the boy in front of him, whose arms were shaking as he clenched his fists at his sides. Chanyeol opened his mouth to speak but closed it immediately after, because it seemed like he was saying these things aloud to convince himself more than it was to assert them as facts to Chanyeol.

Baekhyun’s voice shook for a second before he took control of it, trying to believe his own words as he continued. “I don’t like being stuck in this place with you – I don’t like the way your hair falls or the sound of your annoying laugh or your stupid smile; I don’t like the way that your voice sounds when you say my name and I think you’re a terrible kisser!”

He took a startled deep breath. “And I don’t get why my chest hurts so bad when I’m next to you or when we’re pushed up against each other like this, and I don’t like being stuck in this confused place where I both hate you and love you at the same time, but I am and I don’t know how to get out of it!”

Baekhyun squeezed his eyes closed and clenched his fists. “Just ignore me – leave me alone – and maybe I’ll just adapt to that, and then we can both be okay.”

“Baekhyun–”

“So please, Chanyeol,” Baekhyun interrupted, looking up to him with pleading eyes, “just forget about that.”

Chanyeol stared down to the small man with a confused look on his face. “Forget about it?” Chanyeol asked softly, “How am I supposed to forget the day I spent 30 minutes to an hour in a darkened elevator with a co-worker that I thought despised me? How am I supposed to forget being squished up next to one of the most annoying people in this tall building on multiple occasions?”

Baekhyun glanced away, but Chanyeol put his hands on his shoulders and turned him back to face him. “We spent 15 or so minutes cuddling under my jacket, Baekhyun, and you think I’ll just forget that?” He scoffed. “Forget how you have a cute puppy-like side too – how could you be so selfish? Doesn’t it matter if I want to keep the memory?”

Baekhyun opened his mouth to give a response, but Chanyeol interrupted him. “Just because you think you didn’t like it shouldn’t mean that I should think the same.”

Baekhyun froze in his grasp. “…But I–”

You,” Chanyeol whispered, “are the cutest thing I’ve ever seen. And sometimes you drive me insane, but maybe I like it better that way. Because I think I’m going insane without you next to me anyways.” Chanyeol pulled Baekhyun into a tight hug and pressed a soft kiss into his hair. “If you need me, run to me. Just don’t push me away because you don’t understand.”

 

And for once, the brunette didn’t pull away.

 

Baekhyun slowly wrapped his arms around Chanyeol’s waist as he kept his face buried in Chanyeol’s warm chest, breathing in his sweet scent as he closed his eyes and leaned in to him.

His voice came out softly, muffled in Chanyeol’s shirt.

“I hate you.”

“Okay.”

“I despise you with a passion.”

“Understandable.”

“I really can’t stand you at all.”

“I know.”

“…But don’t let go.”

“I won’t.” Chanyeol hugged him tighter. “Trust me, I won’t.”

 

A silence formed between the two as they stayed together for a span of time, comforted by each other’s presence until Baekhyun rubbed his arms as he broke the silence, mumbling into Chanyeol’s chest again. “It was just on impulse, and I don’t know what it was, but something about kissing you in the elevator just felt so right at the moment.”

Chanyeol’s large hands rubbed softly at Baekhyun’s sides in a soothing massage that the smaller boy nearly melted into. “It also felt right in the bathroom…right?” As Baekhyun gave a hesitant nod against his shirt, Chanyeol smiled and lifted the brunette’s head from his chest. “Maybe it’ll feel right now too.”

Baekhyun glanced away with a sigh.

Chanyeol slowly wrapped his arms around the other man’s waist, pulling them closer together as Baekhyun hesitantly placed his hands on Chanyeol’s hips and looked up to him with a bemused frown. A small smile tugged at the corners of Chanyeol’s lips. “You’ll never know until you try.”

“I don’t know about this Chanyeol,” Baekhyun mumbled, his eyesight dropping as he fidgeting with the hem of Chanyeol’s shirt, but the taller man turned his face back up toward him and showed him a small smile.

“Don’t think too much,” Chanyeol whispered, leaning down to capture his lips.

Baekhyun slowly eased in to the kiss, closing his lips around Chanyeol’s bottom lip. He felt lightheaded and weightless in Chanyeol’s strong arms as he let himself go.

And suddenly, giving in to Chanyeol didn’t feel so bad.

Chanyeol drew away from him slowly and opened his eyes with a small frown. “Did it feel–”

He was cut off when Baekhyun threw his arms around his neck and pushed himself up to the tips of his toes, silencing him by pressing their lips together once again.

Chanyeol stumbled forward, pushing Baekhyun down amidst a pile of boxes, their hands fumbling around as they attempted to draw each other closer to the other. Their legs tangled between each other’s as they sloppily tugged at each other’s lips until Baekhyun pulled away to take in a deep gasp of air, and Chanyeol drew small trails of kisses down his long, pale neck. Chanyeol’s tie around his neck loosened and the first few buttons of his shirt were undone. Baekhyun’s jacket was soon ed and his shirt was untucked from his pants, the zipper of which was hastily pulled down as the pants were tugged down slightly from his hips when he shuffled underneath Chanyeol.  

The heat surrounding the two increased as they pressed their bodies together, soft moans rising in desire as one pressed his lips to the other’s neck and collarbones, hard on the skin that barely peeked out from under his white shirt, while the other would buck his hips in delight, aching for any sense of connection, heat, or friction between them, his beautiful fingers tugging the other’s collar downward to force them together–

Then the door unlocked and a familiar voice broke into their world.

“Chanyeol? I heard you were…”

Chanyeol drew away from the brunette underneath him as both looked in the direction of the door, squinting their eyes from the bright light and attempting to make out the familiar face of Luhan and Jongdae standing outside of the door, staring at the two in shock.

“…Stuck.”

A few more seconds of awkward silence hung between them until Jongdae laughed as he turned away from the scene. “Well, I definitely didn’t need to see that.”

Luhan was barely able to tear his sight away from the boys to glance at Jongdae. “But–”

“Come on, Luhan,” Jongdae called as he walked away from the closet. “Let’s go burn our eyes to get the images out.”

Luhan looked away from Jongdae and back to the disheveled boys in the closet before giving Chanyeol a thumbs up and a wink as he threw the keys into the closet and closed the door again.

Chanyeol panted softly as he turned to the disheveled brunette below him, strangely sprawled out amongst all of the boxes and papers on the floor. His suit was wrinkled and messy and his hair tousled, his thin, pink lips releasing small gasps of air as he continued staring at the door, until he turned his head and looked up to Chanyeol with those dark, lust-filled eyes that sparkled in the dim light that shone through the tiny window in the door.

Chanyeol tried to pull himself away from him, stuttering something about being sorry and unsure of what he was doing, but Baekhyun wrapped his petite fingers around Chanyeol’s tie and growled, “Shut up and kiss me,” as he tugged him downward to connect their lips again.

---------------

Baekhyun has never been the easiest person to deal with, Chanyeol reasons. He soon figured out that definitely wouldn’t change. Whether he was always stuck by his side doing annoying things or sitting around casting him shy glances when he thought he wasn’t looking, he’d always just be… Baekhyun.

Nothing between them necessarily changed after the incidents occurred. Baekhyun would show up on the 14th floor, like usual, with another annoying task for Chanyeol to do, just so he’d be able to see the other man a bit more often. Chanyeol would always refuse and Baekhhyun would give him a cute pout that would have Chanyeol leaning out of his chair to kiss his pursed, pink lips before he turned the brunette around and sent him on his way with a pat on the which made the small man squeal in embarrassment.

Baekhyun would still call him a giraffe; Chanyeol would still call him an annoying little mushroom.

But they’d also call each other “boyfriend” every once in a while, too.

Chanyeol figured that the awkward times they spent together before the elevator fiasco were all forgotten, as it seemed like they had been acting like bickering boyfriends who were just too stubborn to admit that they were dating after all. Now that it was much more obvious though, Chanyeol felt much happier and calmer whenever the brunette was in his presence.

He would wrap his arms around Baekhyun’s waist and peck his cheek whenever the brunette strayed too close to him, they’d brush hands as they walked past each other, or he’d silently blow him kisses whenever he saw him from across the room, just to watch the flustered blush cross his face as he’d scurry from the room.

All of these became common occurrences as though they had been doing them forever, despite being quite awkward for the few days immediately following all the incidents when they were stuck in some tight space together – the days when Baekhyun would wear a large jacket and thick scarf to hide any evidence of anything ever occurring, though Chanyeol would often tug him closer and reveal the remains of the beautiful hickeys he had left a day or two before.

Chanyeol would show him affection, but Baekhyun either pretended to be blind to it in public, or he’d completely ignore him. However, when they had break time together, Baekhyun often would tug on Chanyeol’s tie and drag him into the elevator, pin him against the wall, and barely allow the doors time to close before he pulled the taller man down to his height and latched his lips onto his in the corner of the elevator hidden by the CCTV, and they would pull away only when the elevator began to move to another floor to let someone else in.

Baekhyun would pant a little, leaning into Chanyeol’s neck and he’d softly whisper into his collarbones, “I hate you.”

Chanyeol would smile as he’d hug the brunette closer and kiss his forehead, mumbling back, “I love you too.”

 

Baekhyun was definitely never the easiest person to deal with, Chanyeol reasons.

 

But the times that he pecks him on the cheek when no one is looking and blushes as he turns away from him are slowly beginning to make up for all of it.

 

********

 

Park Chanyeol never thought getting stuck in tight spaces with Byun Baekhyun over and over again would result in this.

But damn, he’s glad that it did.

 

********

 

A/n: Not even kidding, like a week before I finished writing this fic, the elevator in my dorm got stuck, and I’ve been afraid to go down it ever since :< (But I live on the 6th floor and I’m kind of lazy, so.)

Happy birthday ate Michi ♥ ♥ ♥ I wuv u ♥ I’m also really really sorry for how long this took (it’s like almost 2 weeks after your birthday otl) I hope I can make up for it by loving you extra hard ok *blows you kisses* ~ ♥