Mended his wounds

Before 'to the fore'

"...This question is for Mr Choi Siwon. 'Will we see more of you acting in sports related movies? Since during one of the scenes in the film, you've gotten hurt. And what was playing through your mind when you also had; As we understand, the SMTown Tour with your groupmates a few days after, here in this very city during the same period you got hurt."

Every eyes were on him waiting for him to answer the reporter who's standing up in the middle of the conference room. He recollect his thoughts which was driven by the text he had just read earlier on. With faith in the words that he had form it's structure in his head, he begin with his answer, "Well, I'm still open to the option of a role in any genre of movies, be it comedy, romance or sci-fi and even to action packed films as well. The reason why i chose to act in the films and dramas that i've taken up is because of the story and the message it held for people. So, for your question..I will have to say that we may not know what will god have in stores for me. So, if such opportunity is presented and the storyline is great, i'll gladly accept it." He took a deep breath and continued, "And during that time, when the accident occured.. It was physically strainious, so i couldn't figure out what i was actually thinking till i reached the hospital..." Letting out a chuckled as he earned quite some laughs from the people around him for his really blunt answer. I mean who have time to think, when you're dealing with pain? Do you even think of other thoughts other than the physical pain you're feeling?

Recollecting his thoughts once again and said, "Once i was in the hospital bed, the doctor told me that my neck was fractured and my right wrist as well as my right knee was injured... That's when all the thoughts that i had in my head resurfaced. The first thing that came to my mind was, 'How will the filming continue on if my condition is this way?' Then, when manager Hyung came into the ward my thoughts were, 'How am i suppose to perform for the concert that is in less than 2 days time?' and 'There'll be so many people who are affected with this. Not just the crew and production team but also my groupmates and ELFs who had bought tickets to the concert would feel upset seeing my condition.' And when everything had settle, i was worried about the news that will be reported be it online or tabloids about the injuries. I was worried for my love ones at home who are shocked to have known i have an accident and was in the hospital. Those were my worries and thoughts basically."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Ey, Are you sure you can walk by yourself?" Manager hyung asked Siwon who had just been discharged from the hospital and trying his best to walk out of the car on his own stiffly with the neck brace looking like a giraffe. 

"Ne, sure." Siwon quickly answered. He was dissapointed in himself for not being careful enough. That was definitely true. He was so immersed into his role that he had forgotten that he is Choi Siwon, not just an acting-dol of Super Junior but he's also a son of someone. He could never imagine what would happened if he things really turned out bad. Still deep in his thoughts, the manager who was tailing him from the back begin to voice out, "Siwon-ah, do you want to eat anything? I am going out to get some dinner for us."

Full in his thoughts, shortly he answered, "Anything will do. Just... anything." 

To be honest, He had no appetite to eat either. He was uncomfortable with the fact that he had caused so much trouble to a lot of people due to his incident. The filming that should be wrapping up in a few more weeks had to be delayed till he gets better and the SMTown concert with his groupmates had to be performed without him. He was dissapointed with himself that he had let down so many people. His mother called him up when the news of him getting hurt right a few minutes when he gain conciousness and had been brief by the doctor regarding his condition. She sounded so worried about him and it took so much courage just to assure her that he'll be fine. After pressing the pin to the door, He enters it alone; ready to get some rest for the night while waiting for his manger hyung to comeback with their dinner. 

The house that he was accomodating was dark as the sun had already began to set, leaving only the lights in the kitchen on and also the dining room as well. His thoughts that were feeling with his dissapointments immediately changed to a panic one, when he heard noises from the kitchen. 

'teddy hyung went out to get food. all the other hyungs are out as well, who can that be?'

Despite the brace on his neck and the limping motion that was caused by his knee injury, he grabbed the umbrella from the umbrella basket next to the door, ready to defend his already injured self just in case someone he doesn't know broke into his house. Placing his limping steps slowly, he walked passed the dining table had been set up with a couple of dishes which helped raise a couple of questions in his head.

'Who is it?'

He was about to walk into the kitchen but was halted on his tracks when a familiar lady stood before him with a sigh of relief before she smiled at him. The sight of her, standing in front of him, made all of his worries and dissapointment float off and away from the bubble of his thoughts.

"How did you get here?"

"So.. is that how you greet your girlfriend?"

"I'm sorry." Placing his steps forward, closer to her. Lowering himself to kiss her forehead. "Hello, soo! How...I mean when did you get here?"

"I heard the news and i thought i should come straight here by flight when i found out about it."

Smiling after hearing what Sooyoung had just said. He was sorry for making her worried but at the same time touched that she took the initiative to get herself next to him straight after she heard the news. "You don't have to do that, you know? How'd the filming go if you took a break and come here to visit me, huh? You can always call..."

"..And you'll always say, 'i'm fine, Don't you worry about me.' Oppa, look at you... How can i not worry about you? And i didn't take a break from filming at all. Its my off-duty day. I have to get back tomorrow evening so, my flight will be in the morning..." She explained as her arms encircled around his waist. Usually when they get to this type of comfortable conversations, her arms will be placed around his neck but due to his neck brace it was completely impossible. Only god knows, how hard it was for her to stop the urge of hugging him the way she always used to; fear of hurting him when he's in that stage. 

Softly smiling at the way she was showing her affection after all that they have to go through to keep their relationships underwraps from years ago till now, she had never changed. They were staring adoringly to one another only for a full 5 seconds for the time they've spent apart due to their hectic filming schedule, only to break away when the beeping sound of the microwave started echoed through the dining room begging for Sooyoung's attention. 

"The food is ready!" Sooyoung said excitedly as she walk pass Siwon, breaking their embrace slowly as seconds pass. Siwon's touch still lingers on her arms as she slightly slide her finger tips pass his palm. Walking away, Siwon's eye didn't divert away from his girlfriend either. His eyes followed her back as she was walking away from him and soon that view disappeared, only to appear again with a bowl of soup in her hands. 

With a confused look on her face as she spot Siwon still standing at the same spot before leaving for the soup, "Oppa, wae?"

"A-ani.. You look beautiful today." 

'Beautiful'? Yes, she was and still is. But that wasn't what made him fall for her. It's her carefree and delicate nature that attract him the most about her. And on this very day when she was so attentive on wanting to spend time with him by taking care of him even when he is abroad, reminds him of that very reason on why he lay out the deeply engraved secret that he had of her years ago. 

A tinge of pink circles started to spread across her supple cheeks. Slightly, soft-slapping Siwon's arm, "Jinjja? So.. I'm only beautiful today?" Trying her best to cover up her blushing cheeks with the statement while trying to act all sassy. 

"You look BEAUTIFUL everyday but today is a plus. You look extra BEAUTIFUL. My kind of BEAUTIFUL, Jinjja yeopo. Waeyo?" Siwon attempt to .

"Maybe because i get to see my boyfriend after a week?" Sooyoung played along with his flow ending her statement with a raised eyebrow and a wide grin.

"Ah... Jinjja. If i know you'd be visiting like this... i will try to get injured during every scene of the movies i have abroad.." Siwon muttered under his breath trying to grab her attention but unfortunately, she was too engross with serving the food that she had cooked for him onto his plate to even hear what he just said. 

For the rest of the night, Sooyoung tugged Siwon to sleep and constantly looking out for him whenever she felt him moving; fearing that he'll made his injuries worst especially when he has a really bad habit of tossing and turning on the bed when he sleeps. Morning came too soon when he woke up with not a single presence of Sooyoung could be seen in the house except for a piece of post-it note on the shade of the side lamp.

'Oppa, I have to go. Teddy manager oppa, sent me to the airport already.You were sleeping so soundly, i didn't have a heart to wake you up. I can't make it for SMTown Shanghai's performance because of the clash in schedule for a Magazine photoshot in Japan. So, i won't get to see you anytime soon. Palli waseo.. I'll miss you. Remember to take care of yourself now that i am not there to take care of you. Saranghae.

Sooyoung.' 

Feeling alot better. He got up of his bed with a smile across his face and got ready for the day. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"...But i was glad that i was able to mend the wounds fast and recover quickly from the injuries. So, we could continue with filming as well."

'What is your secret of recovering faster than predicted by the doctor?'

He smiled once again as the answer was clear inside his head. It was so crystal clear. The image of her came to mind straight away as a sign of the undeniable motivation to get better. She constantly texted and videocall him in the middle of her schedules just to check up on his condition. From the Siwon with a neck brace to Siwon who recovered fully. He didn't want to see her worried face everytime she called him so, the only way to get rid of that was to get his health in check and get the injuries mended quickly. He even played a prank on her when he came back to Seoul with that neck brace; trying to make her think that his injuries came back. She was paniced when she saw him practicing the dance routine by the entrance in one of the practice room of SM building. The way her eyes widen in shocked as if they're about to jump out of her face and the way she made her move towards him when he pretended to be in pain when he began stretching and when Eunhyuk and Donghae pretended to help crack his stiff neck. The relief look that grew on her face when Eunhyuk pull the neck brace to revealed the recovered wounds of Siwon. The look when she was so glad that Siwon was getting better. She was the reason. She was his reason of getting better. She was the reason for him to recover quickly. 

"My heart was at peace. Probably that was the reason why i recovered quicker than expected."

For now that's all that he could say. His heart was at peace and still is. His secret was his heart, Sooyoung. 

 

"Don't be nervous, okay? Remember, I'm always there with you.Probably, in your heart? Kekekek. Saranghae. Do your best. Hwaitting! :^*"

A single message that was send from London. The message that made him forgot about all the nervousness that he felt during the whole interview. The message that was send from the person who mended his wounds and injuries. The message that made him smile during the whole interview. The message from the only one. The message from Sooyoung, the person who's always there in his heart.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's note;

I am so sorry for not updating frequently. I'm trying hard to squeeze in time.I came up with this one-shot. Hope you enjoy reading this. I wrote it a couple of times but erasing it after; fearing that its too confusing and complicated to understand. But i hope you do understand though. I tried. I can up with a concept for 'Starlite 1.7' Hope you'll keep your heads up for it. Thanks for reading! Subscribe, Upvote and comment down below on what you think of this. I'd really appreciate it. Tell me how my language is. If my grammar is okay. I'll try to improve on it. :^) God bless.