First things first

Hello Exo

a/n: 2721 words of random ... Btw italics mean they are thoughts.

****

 

It’s a peaceful day on the new Hello Baby filming set. The sun is shining, the birds are chirping, the coffee has already been freshly brewed, and somewhere not too far away there is a van stuck in early morning traffic with Baekhyun singing the theme song to “The Fresh Prince of Bel Air” at the top of his lungs.

“Innn west Philedelphia born and raised” He starts off, blatantly ignoring the other five pairs of eyes now glaring at him. “on the playground was where I spent most of my days~”

Jongin sighs, leaning against the window, “Hyuuuuung its too early for this”.

“How does he even know this song?” Sehuns eyes shine with admiration for his hyung and his strange ability to sing the lyrics to the beloved 1990’s American sitcom theme song almost perfectly. 

“Chillin out maxin relaxin all cool,” He continues. 

“Baekhyun please..” Suho says, massaging his temples. 

“And all shootin' some b-ball outside of the school!”  He grabs an old receipt out of his jacket pocket and shoots it at Kyungsoo sitting in the passenger seat. Kyungsoo spins around to send him a glare and then eyes Suho.

“When a couple of guys-” 

“Leader if you don’t-”

“That were up to no good-” 

“i will-”

“STARTED MAKING TROUBLE IN MY NEIGHBORHOOD” Baekhyun starts singing over him.

Suho turns to Baekhyun grabbing his face in both hands and shaking violently. “Please... we are already stuck in traffic. Baekhyun spare us. I’m begging you”. But he just shakes his head, removing Suho's hands he holds up his index finger teasingly,“I got in one little fight and my mom got scared..”

Suho pouts at Kyungsoo, then back at Baekhyun, and then pleadingly back at Kyungsoo. He shrinks his shoulders in defeat “Screw it..”, a collective sigh is heard from the rest of the members. 

“AND SAID YOU’RE MOVING WITH YOUR AUNTY AND UNC-” 

“BYUN BAEKHYUN” Kyungsoo has turned around completely, his eyes almost seem to turn coal black, the temperature in the van drops more than ten degrees, Baekhyun freezes instantly.

Here it comes, Suho winces, Jongin and Sehun shift closer to the doors to get away, Chanyeol smiles creepily as if he’d been waiting for this the whole time, and somewhere not too far ahead of them in a different van Jongdae has started laughing maniacally. 

“If you do not keep your mouth shut for the rest of the ride” He spoke slowly, his voice some how getting deeper, thundering throughout the tiny van “I will set fire to everything you love... How about that? Doesn’t that sound nice? Hm?” He finishes his voice raising a little bit in a cute (evil) manner, smiling sweetly he turns back around to continue whatever he was doing before. 

 

~~~~~5 minutes later~~~~~

 

The whole van was obnoxiously quiet. The only noise being the windshield wipers squeaking along, and the occasional car horn. Junmyeon took that moment to clear his throat, glancing around at everyone. His worried eyes land on Baek who somehow looks slightly paler as well as smaller than he did a few minutes ago... His ego affects his entire being.

“Well.. uh...” Suho starts out gently, almost afraid to break the silence “uhm.... what I really wanted to do during the ride over.. before I was interrupted was discuss what our duties should be on this new show”. No one responds so he goes on, “I think it’s important we come prepared. I mean, this isn’t the first time we’ve worked with kids but..”

Chanyeol takes the opportunity and waves him off, “Hyung I think we’ll get the hang of it” he turns to face him, smiling as usual “besides I don’t think we can come anymore prepared than we already are..”.Eyeing the trunk which was full of baby goods (and according to Sehun’s amazing math skills “like a billion diapers”) that Suho had demanded them to buy in the days leading up to the first filming.

He takes glance at the trunk as well, his mind drifting off to their rather eventful shopping spree.

 

~~~Flashback~~~ 

 

“Okay so we have one stroller, a crib, a mobile for the crib, car seat, changing table, baby monitors, disposable diapers, cloth diapers, wipes, rash ointment, baby lotion, baby shampoo, onesies.... Tao take the jacket out of the cart we are not buying it for you. No I don’t care if you got a matching one for the baby....and this is beside the point but is that Gucci? This is a Babies R Us how did you even? ... No you know what I don’t even wanna know. Anyway, Kyungsoo did you find the bathtub? Good. Thanks. Where are Luhan and Xiumin? I sent them off awhile ago to grab all the feeding supplies. Kris please go get them for me. Sehun stop trying to fit Kyungsoo in the baby wrap... he’s not that small.. We need you to go pick out some age appropriate toys. AGE APPROPRIATE... Yes Jongin, that’s a very cute tutu, the fairy wings look nice too, is that a ninja mask? What the hell is a Ballerina Ninja Fairy, ugh...Just go with Sehun. Oh hey Luhan and Xiumin you actually got all the feeding supplies... and some bibs with soccer balls and Ironman on them? Okay I guess, since they’re cute. Kris thanks for finding them... no this isn’t too much stuff...it’s not like they’ll supply us with everything.. okay they will but OUR BABY CAN NEVER HAVE TOO MUCH STUFF KRIS.. GAWD. And Lay for the last time, we are not buying the pump. No, not even for research purposes. Don’t think I didn’t see you, Byun Baekhyun, take the cream out of the cart. Now. Oh my god Chanyeol and Jongdae take the nursing bras off...WHY ARE WE IN THE -FEEDING SECTION. ”

 

~~~End of Flashback~~~

 

Suho shivers, shaking his head to dismiss the memory. “Yes, hyung I think this will all be something we just have to pick up a long the way,” Sehun adds in, and then from a seemingly asleep Jongin  “a good learning experience” is mumbled. 

Suho frowns “I know that but, I just think we really should-” “Think, think, think, you think way too much about us all Leader. Kyungsoo music pleeaaase~” Baekhyun whines from beside him. Kyungsoo obliges and turns the radio on, raising the volume and effectively ending the conversation. Suho is forced to admit defeat once again, because damn he forgot about how fast Baek’s recovery time was.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Twenty minutes, and a lot of depressing ballad songs later, they were pulling into the driveway of the home where they would be filming. Some how Chanyeol was first out of the car screaming “Dibs on the toilet!” as he rushed past the film crew and burst through the front door. 

What he didn’t know was about two minutes earlier a van that looked exactly like their own had pulled up, and six other handsome men exited, one in particular, rushing past the others with a shout of “Excuse me, excuse me, where is the toilet?” while sending bows in every direction.

So when the rapper arrived at his destination after finally thinking to ask a crew member for directions, he was not expecting it to be already occupied. 

Chanyeol is about to bust the door down, instead gives it three hard knocks (using the last bit of patience he can muster, as well as checking the thickness of the door). Deep breaths Yeollie, don’t forget there are cameras all around you he reminds himself. “I’m sorry, but how long do you think you will be?” he inquires, hopping uncomfortably from one foot to another as if it would hold his pee any longer.

“Oh Chanyeol! I’m sorry I-ung think it might be a-ahh while you see Chen gave me this breakfast burrito this morning-uh!.. he said he was trying some recipes for the baby-phew but I didn’t-ung seem to sit well in my stomach-HNG” Yixing shouts from inside.

Disgusted, Chanyeol backs away quickly from the door shouting a ‘feel better’ to him as he escapes the awful noise. On the plus side hearing his suffering made him completely forget his full bladder (but the bathroom might take a while to air out). 

He finds everyone else already seated for the most part on the couches in the large living room. Jongdae was looking at their individual pictures (but mostly HIS individual shot) that stood out from the rest of the drastically dull room. Xiumin, Luhan, Tao, Sehun, and Kai were all sprawled out on the couch.

The eldest seemed to be sitting there patiently waiting for some kind of instructions, while Tao was bothering Sehun to take a celebratory selca and Jongin was sitting on the very end of the couch looking off into space. Baekhyun meanwhile had given up on conversing with all the other members and was playing a game with himself of how long he could go tossing little pieces of carpet fuzz in each of the members hair without them catching on.  

From the looks of it, Luhan and Xiumin had noticed pretty fast, but the youngest were all too busy in their own little worlds to notice. Chanyeol placed his bets on Jongin coming last, he looked like he was about to fall asleep.

Kyungsoo seemed to be busying himself by decorating the place. He was in the middle of hanging a 'welcome home' sign. Well more like trying to since he couldn’t quite stick it as high as he had wanted it to on the wall. 

Sitting there and doing nothing would just keep his mind on his full bladder, so Chanyeol took to the toys they bought that sat in the farthest corner, finding a small easel.

“Yo, Kriscasso, painting competition starting now.” He called over his shoulder, noticing Kris was standing with Suho discussing something.

“I’d love to, really, but the adults are busy right now.” He says not even sparing him a glance, and lifting his hand to wave him off as if he’d somehow become a bothersome child. Chanyeol huffs before walking dejectedly over Chen to look at his own picture.

Just then a high pitched screech came from the couch and all eyes landed on Tao who had thrown himself into Sehun’s lap, effectively interrupting everyones little conversations, as well as waking Jongin. 

“T-T-THE BUG!” he screams, shaking himself wildly, arms and legs flailing like it would get the bug off. He twists to see if it was on his back, “Did you see it?! Get it off me! Please! PLEASE!” the martial artist begs, his whiney voice had raised a few octaves. Girl Tao has arrived. Sehun eyes him weirdly before pushing him off his lap and onto the floor. 

“Dude, there was no bug” Luhan says rolling his eyes as he sneaks a glance at Baekhyun and Chanyeol who have now doubled over in laughter. Chanyeol seemed to be slapping Baekhyun as he clutched his stomach shouting ‘I win, I win’. Leaning over Xiumin, Luhan reaches down and grabs the fuzz that was stuck to Tao’s shirt and then flicks it off into the middle of the room.

”Fuzz, Tao? Pfffft really?” Sehun splutters before joining the two laughing hyenas on the floor. Tao just sat there looking embarrassed, and very confused, “Eeeeh?!”. Jongin, now fully alert after the third youngest’s little outburst looks over at him thoughtfully, “Didn’t you see Baek has been throwing it on you for a while now?”. 

Baekhyun stops laughing at this, jumping up from his spot on the floor a little to enthusiastically, “Wait, YOU KNEW?! Chanyeol you owe me a coke”. Chanyeol sits up at that wiping the tears from his eyes.

“So I lost?! But Kai why didn’t you stop him from throwing it on you then?!”. Jongin smiles at him, shrugs, and then hears a small grunt behind him.

He looks over his shoulder to see Kyungsoo balancing his weight on the tips of his toes trying to hang the banner.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

“Could it be, you need some help?” Kyungsoo hears in a low voice right beside him, he faces the banner above him, but his eyes focus on Jongin, who’s leaning down a little to stare at him with raised eyebrows, and a gentle smile. He just furrows his eyebrows and buries himself in his thoughts...

Kyungsoo doesn’t need help. Kyungsoo is a grown man. Kyungsoo can hang the damn banner, if he wants to hang the goddamn banner. Why? Because he can. He’s a man, a grown (emphasis on grown) man. A man that’s sick and tired of being called ‘cute’ and ‘small’. So he’s a little height impaired. Kyungsoo will not use that as an excuse. Because when he wants things done, he in’ gets things done. And he does it on his own time. On. His. Own. So no, Kyungsoo does not need help. He can handle this by himself. No help. No..

Kyungsoo looks up to see Jongin swiftly reach up and slipping the banner out of his fingers before looking over at where the other end of the banner was hung, tongue slipping out to meet the corner of his lips in his focused state. He sticks the banner to the wall, where he thinks is right.

Looking down at Kyungsoo again, the second youngest grins. It’s one of those cheeky grins he’d usually leave for the stage...Bastard. “You want it here, right?”  

Kyungsoo, still trying to process everything, looked between Jongin and where his hand was now placing the sign. He took too long to answer again hadn’t he?

Damn it Kyungsoo, he reprimanded himself. Jongin sat there waiting patiently. He was highly amused by the various facial expressions Kyungsoo had shown in the last three seconds. He watched him step back to get a better look, frowning slightly. Or maybe not? the dancer thinks.

Kyungsoo walked to the middle of the room. Yes, that’s exactly where he wanted it. What the hell, Kyungsoo, what happened to being a grown man, he pouts (very manly indeed).

“Yes that looks good Jongin” Baekhyun nods, interrupting Kyungsoo’s inner monologue. The others take a quick careless glance before nodding and going back to their own conversations. Kai smiles at his small triumph before stepping back from the wall.

“Actually, no.” Kyungsoo speaks up, and he sends him a puzzled look, but he won’t meet his eyes, he’s solely focused on his banner. “No?” He walks back over to the banner, “Uh sorry, but where would you like it?”.

Kyungsoo can’t look him in the eyes, if he did he’d feel guilty because Jongin was really just trying to help...but he also took away a little bit of Kyungsoo’s pride so.... “Move it a little to the left, more to the left. Hm, no never mind move it to the right. More to the right, and up a little. Nooo a lot higher...”

 

~~~2 minutes later~~~

 

“Wait, I got it. Move it lower, more, more, good. And to the left a little bit, just a tiny bit more. Perfect. Stick it on.” And Jongin follows his instructions exactly, only to end up right back where he began.

“Uh” He starts, pointing out frustratingly “Kyungsoo, but I-” 

“Thanks, Jongin!” the lead singer gives him a thumbs up and a big smile before prancing over to steal his seat on the couch.

And the rest of the group (other than Baekhyun who is daintly sipping is Coke, pinky in the air because what can he say... he has class) that had been watching the whole ordeal confusedly ever since Kyungsoo had decided to speak up again, gawked at him now as he strode to his seat.

Baekhyun takes an obnoxiously long sip of his drink. Chen throws a shoe (not his) at him. "Awwww my coke!" the drink now fizzing all over the floor, "WHO CARES ABOUT YOUR COKE. THAT SHOE WAS PRADA!" .....Ahh Girl Tao.

 

~~~~~~3 minutes later~~~~~~~

 

“Sooooo what now?” Tao says from his position lazily sprawled out on top of a bored looking Sehun on the couch.

“Now, I believe we will get instructions on what to do..” Xiumin spoke up, “or maybe we’ll get to meet the baby?”.

He glanced at Luhan who shrugged, though his face showed excitement.

“First things first, before we meet the kid, we are gonna have to show how qualified we are.” Suho finally steps in, grinning cheekily,

“See I told you guys we should have discussed this in the car.” 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

 

a/n: Obviously no babies yet... this was more or less an introduction chapter. Just trying to get the hang of things!