Nine Girls

Jessica's Last Moments

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdTsSG27uAA

 

The girls had been informed. They knew, but they didn't speak of it. They tried to act like it was normal, but they all knew it isn't the same. They had one last perfomance with her. With Jessica. She was going to be kicked out, for wanting to be a fashion deisgner. Jessica wanted to do both a fashion designer job and a memeber of SNSD. But SM wouldn't allow it, and forced Jessica to leave the group. Jessica was devastsed, all the girls were. They had one last performance together, doing their new Japanese song 'Divine', Usually, Korea don't host concerts for Japanese songs. But this one was an exception.

"You girls are on in 10 minutes", their manager said as he paced around the dressing room. Of course he could sense the tension and sadness in the air. But he had to stay strong for the girls.

Taeyeon sat in her chair, her microphone set up in her hand and her hair done to perfection. She stared in the mirror, and looked over the girls. They all had blank and solemn faces. The song they were doing, was meant to send the clue of Jessica being termanated from the group. Yes, the public didn't know about the departure yet. They were announcing it at the end of this performance.

"Taeyeon Unnie", Seohyun called out, snapping her leader out of her thought.

"Yes?", she asked while trying to look fine.

Seohyun looked depressed. Even though she looked beautiful at the moment, she was slowly breaking inside. Her Unnie, her friend, her family was leaving. They've been through so much together. No one would be able to understand their relationship.

"I-I...... don't think I can go on tonight.....", Seohyun confessed.

"H-Huh? Seohyun-ah, you must. We can't go on without you", Taeyeon said while standing up from her chair.

"B-But..... Sica Unnie", Seohyun trailed off with tears in her eyes. Taeyeon's heart ached even more to see her so broken.

"We must be strong. Just one last performance together, we need each other together now. The nine of us, one last time okay?", Taeyeon said while forcing the sadest smile she could muster. Seohyun's eyes still glistened with tears, but shaikily nodded.

"For Sica Unnie", Seohyun said.

"For Sica Unnie", Taeyeon repeated.

"Come on girls", the manager said while opening the door and ushering the girls out.

They walked out one by one, not saying a word. Taeyeon stood beside Seohyun, while the glatter of their flat ballet shoes hit the floor. Jessica stood with Sunny, her best friend while her chest ached. Sunny wouldn't look up, just down at the floor. Tiffany walked with Sooyoung, the two clenching their teeth together to stop themselves from crying. Hyoyeon and Yuri were not their usual cheerful selves, both as angry and sad as each other. Yoona walked by herself, isolating herself from the girls. She felt weak, and wanted to just be left to her mind for a while.

"Your on girls", the manager said as they were behind the black curtains.

The girls first stood in a cirlce, and faced each other. Each one with sad, teary eyes. They then heard hands, forming their perfect cirlce of nine girls. They all took a deep breath and Tiffany spoke up first.

"Forever nine", she said with her voice cracking.

Tiffany lost both her parents, now she's loosing a sister.

It's not fair, why must this happen?

"Forever nine", the girls repeated in sync.

They then broke hands, and stood in a straight line, clenching their microphones.The curtains opened and the screams of thousands of fans were heard immediatly. The girls scanned the audience, their hearts aching more and more with each fan they see. They didn't know. The fans didn't know what was going on. They thought it was just another performance, a special event. But it was so untrue.....

The music began to play, and Taeyeon was first to sing. She hesitated for a minute, before starting to sing into her microphone.

'They’re way too fragile aren’t they
These feelings that sway ever so lightly
I’m looking for the  answer that
Disappears when dawn breaks
This close road that blocks my way
This starlight that becomes my guide
Hey, I want you to tell me
The place where I should go
Even though it’s so far away that
It seems like this small me will be crushed
I’m waiting for god’s will
This is destiny
So to speak, this small me is powerless against
The raging waves that give their loud roars, but
The sea will surely part
And make a path for me
One day,
We can be divine
Atop the ground that grew cold,
I’m going to walk barefooted
And your warmth
Will support me
(you always by my side)
I was born alone and yet
It’s as if I was bound to meet you
You, know me
more than anyone else does
I’ll stand up to face
Everything grand, fatally
When I’m with you
I can become stronger
There wasn’t supposed to be anything I was scared of and yet..
Hey.. I don’t want to lose you
Until the day comes when
The light shines through the gaps in the clouds
I won’t say goodbye
When various paths
Open up to me, at that time
I’ll surely remember
This wish
The journey we both walked together
We’ll make that our proof, forever
We are always one
What will we say we’re capable of
Once we stand before the waves that give their loud roars?
We’ll meet this distress, with a gentle intimacy
I believe
We can be divine
Our feelings are one
We can be divine'

Jessica's voice cracked several times throughout the song, and fans of course noticed it. The fans noticed all the members solemn faces. They weren't cheering though, they knew something was wrong. Just then, tears started to stream down each of the girls faces. It shocked the fans even more, and they started to chatter amongst themselves.

Their manager spoke into their ear pieces, telling Taeyeon to start speaking, announcing the departure. But she shook her head while more tears fell down, and she took out her earpiece, and placed it down on the floor. The fans were now even more shocked, along with the people back stage. This wasn't planned. Not at all. But Taeyeon didn't care, she wanted these words to count. To show her true feelings.

"W-We would like to make an announcement", she started. The eight other girls turned their heads while sniffling, while Jessica looked down at the floor. "One of our members, is........leaving Girls' Generation......".

The fans gasped. Yoona broke out, her tears becoming heavier and she bit her lip.



"Jessica, our second oldest will be leaving for personal reasonings. W-We wanted to have one last performance together, just the the nine of us.....", Tiffany spoke after Taeyeon. But she couldn't continue. Her heart broke in two and she started to cry heavily.



"O-Our song Divine, was meant to show how much we wanted to stay together. But now have to depart", Sooyoung said. It was now her turn to break down.



"Us as nine, wanted to make this last song count. We love each other as sisters we never had", Sunny said while sniffling.



"W-We love Sica Unnie. We...... please don't go Jessica Unnie.....", Seohyun said while covering and sobbing.



"We still need a ninth member, and you will always be our sister", Yuri spoke while her eyes turned red and her nose became slightly runny.



"W-We hope that you still remember us and support us Sica Unnie", Hyoyeon stuttered while her blonde hair fell over her face.



Jessica watched as her trusted, loving sisters started to make their own small speech. She didn't want to leave. Jessica cried even more and the fans started to cry with her. Jessica wiped her eyes and in a breath, before holding up the microphone with a shaking hand. The fans were quiet, waiting for her speak.

"I really love everyone here today. And the fans worldwide. I love you girls like my own family, and I wish to stay. I really...... I can't...... I'm so sorry....", Jessica said while starting to weep more. She couldn't continue her speech.



The girls gathered, and stood in their circle like before. They wiped their tears and sniffled their last sniffles. They grabbed each other's hands, and held tightly on to each other. This was it, their last stage as nine. They is no eight, only nine. Jessica looked down at the floor, before looking back up and scanning the faces of the girls. She then choked on a sob and smiled an extremely sad smile.

"We love you Sica Unnie", the eight girls said while they turned to her.

"I love you guys", she responded. The fans started to chant her name.

"Sica! Sica! Sica!".

"We are always one", Taeyeon said. " Forever nine".

"Forever nine", the girls repeated and raised their hands, and bowed.

 

 

We are always one, We can be divine
-SNSD Divine