The Symphony

The Symphony

“Why do we even have to be here” Key complained under his breath as the orchestra started tuning.

“Key, you know why,” Minho glared at the blonde, “It’s just for a little extra credit, and my father insisted I went.”

“Just because your dad said so doesn’t mean we have to actually do it,” Key mumbled.

 

“Excuse me? what did you just say?” Minho balled his hands into fists, crumpling up his dress slacks. “You cannot -” He was quickly cut off by the applause as the conductor made his way center stage.

The first piece started off fairly slowly, but eventually picked up in the middle, once Key thought is was loud enough for him to talk he put his hand on Minho’s arm. “Come on, lets leave.” Key begged into the taller boy’s ear. Minho quickly brushed him away and leaned forward, trying to focus on the music. The blonde brought himself to Minho’s position, and put his lips back up to the boys ear. “I know of something a little more fun we could do,” Key smirked. Key had been maintaining a crush on Minho since they were put next to each other in class, and it was him that asked to go together. In Key’s head, this was a date.

Minho sat back, and pretended to look in the program. He was fairly ignorant and had no clue what Key was attempting to imply. Minho had always admired Key, but was afraid that he was untouchable. The boy thought Key deserved better than him. It didn’t help that Minho was completely oblivious to anyone who even attempted to flirt with him.

The taller boy had been very distracting during classes, and he was being even more distracting now. Key wanted to have fun, he didn’t want to sit at the symphony and pretend he was interested.

Accepting defeat, Key leaned back into his seat, “Why do you think they move their bows like that?” He whispered to Minho, returning his hand to the taller boy’s arm, “It’s ridiculous that they move their bows so much, I bet it’s more for show than anything.” Minho just nodded his head.

A little later Key started to get restless again. “How many bald people are there in the whole orchestra?” He whispered to Minho.

Minho willed himself to ignore him, but once he felt Key move back near his ear he mumbled “3.”

The blonde grinned from ear to ear and started to dance in his seat, Minho was finally playing his game. “You’re wrong,” Minho could hear the smile in Key’s voice, “There are 5?”

Minho looked at him surprised, “5? You’re lying, how could there possibly be 5?” he asked a little too loudly.

Key suppressed a laugh, “Shh, two of them are wearing toupees.”

“What makes you say that?” Minho glared at him.

“I can just tell,” The blonde boasted.

“little know it all.” Minho grumbled, getting an eye roll from Key.

“You can tell by how the light hits it, it’s completely wrong. It’s so obviously fake I can’t believe they wore them out of the house. They must have bought the cheapest ones on the market.” He tutted. Minho pretended he didn’t feel how close Key’s lips were to his ear, so close that they slightly grazed him. He tried to ignore the warm breath that whispered into his ear, making the tips become red with embarrassment.

Minho quietly chuckled to himself, attempting to brush off the effect Key was having on his lower half, “You’re so judgemental.”

 

After intermission Key started to get antsy again, “Come on, we can just go now. It’s not like our teacher will know we left early.”

“Then how do you expect to write an essay describing the event?” Minho raised an eyebrow.

The blonde crossed his arms and pouted in his seat.  The orchestra started to play Vivaldi’s Four Seasons. Minho felt Key start to shift next to him, but this time he didn’t feel the annoyance in each movement. Instead, he felt a subtle nervousness. The taller boy felt the blonde’s eyes on him, but didn’t dare check if he was actually looking. By the Summer movement, Key had slowly readjusted so his hand was resting fairly close to Minho’s knee. The taller boy didn’t take notice until the blonde’s hand was resting on top of it. Minho felt his face flush, and couldn’t stop staring at the hand. It was the first time the two of them had any more contact than a simple high five, or the accidental brush of the hand when grabbing something that fell. It was half way through autumn that Key decided to move up Minho’s thigh a little bit and begin to lightly massage the muscular leg. The strain in Minho’s pants was starting to get more distracting than the actually touching itself. Winter started and Key slowly moved his hand higher. Minho restrained a gasp, and grabbed Key’s hand, putting it in his.

“Is that really appropriate Kibum?” Minho growled into Key’s ear. The blonde turned to face him, their noses practically touching, and lightly kissed him on the lips. Minho quickly looked away, turning an impossible shade of red.

“Well now I know you actually like me,” He whispered back, “Flirting with you is like flirting with a brick wall. You’re so unresponsive I considered just walking around to see how you would respond.”

At that Minho turned back, his face hot with embarrassment, “I’ve always liked you Kibum, don’t you ever forget that.” and he awkwardly landed a peck on the blonde’s cheek.

“This is cute and all, but we’re picking up where I left off after this.”

 

By the end of the concert, Minho had his arm around Key. The boy was slightly drooling on the taller boys arm, and Minho had to smile. “So much for continuing your journey up my thigh.” With that he kissed the blonde on the head before he had to wake him up.