Realizing

My iPod, Your Journal

Author's Note: Hello lovelies!!! This is my first 2min one-shot!! Enjoy! 

 

Minho’s POV

 

It had been a hectic couple of months.  Jinki-hyung started talking again, Taemin was finishing his solo debut, and we were getting ready for our new Japanese album.  I hardly saw the members, except maybe in the morning.  I was currently in my room, watching YouTube videos of Taemin’s performances.        

The crush I had on the maknae had only grown in the last few years, more so during his solo debut.  Eventually, I accepted the fact that I was completely in love with Taemin.  One thing that made me proud to be a member of SHINee was our fans, Shawols.  The support they showed him was overwhelming.  Our fans really were the best out there.  Taemin had his doubts here and there, but as a group we made sure to support him, privately and publically.  Jonghyun-hyung really was Taemin’s ultimate fan boy.  Out of all of us, Jonghyun was Taemin’s biggest supporter, making me so happy for SHINee.  We really were a close family.

I had watched maybe twenty different videos of Taemin taking his shirt off during Danger at SM Town’s concert.  The look on his face during his performance was one I couldn’t get out of my head.  He looked so determined.  He wanted to show everybody that he did deserve a solo.  I remember seeing his face when he came off stage, completely embarrassed and shy.  It was the cutest thing ever.

As I was watching the videos, I noticed someone had posted a playlist of everything Taemin.  Settling in my bed, I clicked on the playlist and pressed play. An hour into watching the playlist, the videos changed to videos centered on the supposed love between Taemin and his best friend, Kai.  Kai was a great person and a great idol, but I did not like the obvious infatuation that he had with Taemin. Taemin was the one who always denied that they were anything besides best friends.  I had just closed the page when there was a knock at my door.

“Come in.”  The door opened, revealing a sweaty Taemin.

“Hyung, the manager’s asked me again.  What do I need to do to make them stop?”  Taemin had been asked multiple times by our managers if he and Kai were dating, making Taemin upset and irritated.

“Stop hanging out with Kai.”

“I can’t.  He’s my best friend.”

“Get a new best friend.”

“Minhooooo-hyunnnnggg!”  It had been a while that I had seen Taemin use aegyo.

“Bring back the y maknae, I prefer him to cute maknae.”  Taemin pouted, sitting beside me on my bed.

“Was this the right choice, Minho-hyung?”

“Of course it was.  You know how proud we are.  Even though Jonghyun seems like he’s the happiest, I know in my heart that I am.  Now, you need to get to bed. We have a flight to catch tomorrow.”

“Arasso.  Goodnight, Minho-hyung.”  Taemin got up, squeezing my leg and went to the room he shared with Jonghyun-hyung.  I put my laptop away and pulled out my journal, carefully opening to a new page.  I had been writing in it since our debut days.  It was filled with different things from our tours, show, trips, and over the years I started collecting things from Taemin, of Taemin.  I set my iPod on Taemin’s new album, put my headphones on, and decided to write before I go to bed.

~~^~~

Taemin’s POV

 

I opened the door to the room I shared with Jonghyun-hyung.  I was exhausted. The shows and performances seemed much harder with just me than with the members.  My solo debut was going great, something I didn’t expect.  Shawols really were the best fans in the world.  I wouldn’t have been able to get this far without them.  My solo had been something I needed.  If anything, I wanted to show Minho-hyung how much I had grown.  I wasn’t the cute little maknae, nor was I innocent.

Over the years I had realized the way I felt about Minho-hyung.  I was falling in love with him.  It wasn’t until our Lucifer days that I accepted it.  Minho-hyung had always been there for me, helping me, and guiding me to be who I wanted.

Key-hyung had always told me to be true to my feelings and tell Minho-hyung, but I felt that if I told him, everything would change, and not the way I wanted. Minho-hyung was great, everybody loved him.  While he never told me that he was into guys, I kind of had the feeling he would follow wherever his heart led him.

For the longest time I thought he had a thing for Donghae-hyung and it hurt like hell every time I would see them together.  I soon found out Minho-hyung was helping him make Eunhyuk-hyung jealous, leading to them confessing, and they have been together ever since.

Tomorrow we will be going to perform for the Tokyo Girls Collection.  We were all looking forward to it, seeing as Jinki-hyung would be performing with us.  I was almost done promoting my solo and would soon be promoting the new Japanese album.  I decided I might as well go to bed. 

Minho-hyung was right, we had a flight tomorrow, and I didn’t want to be groggy when we left.  I pulled out my iPod and found my current favorite song.  I downloaded it from a YouTube video I saw.  If I could, I would thank the person who made a compilation of all of Minho-hyung’s rapping and singing parts in all of our songs.  It was over 30 minutes of Minho-hyung’s wonderful deep voice.  I set it on repeat and went to bed.

~~^~~

Minho’s POV

 

Tokyo Girls Collection went great!  We had so much fun and the fans were going wild over Jinki-hyung.  I was a little more excited than everybody else.  One of the noona’s that was helping us at the concert was new and had bought Taemin’s solo album while we were there, in hopes of getting a different photo card.  But she got the same one from the album she bought before.  

I peeked at the photo card she had gotten and was happy to see that I didn’t have that one, but two of a different one.  When I told her I would trade with her, she was overjoyed.  I was doing a dance in my head when she agreed and added the photo card to my journal, along with all the other cards of Taemin I had from all of our albums.

While on the plane I noticed that both my phone and iPod were dead.  I looked for Jonghyun-hyung, knowing he carried more than one iPod with him.

“What are you looking for Minho-hyung?”  I looked over at Taemin who was sitting next to me.

“Jonghyun-hyung, I know he moved seats but I can’t find him.”

“Do you want me to help you?”

“Ani, it’s okay.  I’ll just read something.”  I really wanted to write in my journal, but I couldn’t with Taemin sitting beside me.

“Did your phone die again?”

“Deh.”  He started laughing and rummaging through his back pack. He pulled out his own iPod and handed it to me.

“Here, you can use mine.  I’m listening to my phone.”

“Gomawo, Taeminnie!”  Did he just blush?  I looked at him closer, seeing that he was in fact blushing.

“Do I have something on me face?”  I blinked, seeing him look me straight in the eyes.  I couldn’t pass up the chance to touch his face so I nodded and brushed an imaginary eyelash off his cheek.

“Just an eyelash.”  He blushed again!

“Gomawo, hyung.”  I nodded and started looking through his songs.  He had a lot of playlists.  I found one that said “I love you” but it was in English.  Confused, I decided to click on it.  All the songs were labeled MH1, going all the way to number 15. I looked over at Taemin, he had his eyes closed, but his lips were moving to the music he was listening to.

I clicked on MH1, hoping it wasn’t or something weirder.  Maybe I could about it.  I could barely hear it.  When I turned up the volume I noticed it was only about eight seconds long.  I played it again and was surprised to hear my own voice, saying “Taemin, Saranghae.”  It was from a show we had done, where I back-hugged Taemin and told him that I love him.  I could hear our laughter as well.  But why would he have this on his iPod?

I clicked on MH2 and it was a recording of me talking to Taemin about how I would always be there for him.  It was from an interview on a radio show.  I continued to click on all of the files, all of them were of me talking, usually directed at Taemin.  One of them was just me laughing.  

When I clicked on MH9, it was me singing for a TV show I was on without all the other members.  When I got to MH15, it was almost thirty minutes long.  Thirty minutes of every rap or singing I had done on all songs from every one of our albums.

Was Taemin in love with me?  How had I not noticed?  Since when?  I couldn’t believe this.  Was I really that focused on how much I loved him to not notice that he loved me back?  There was only one person that Taemin would have confided in.  Key.  

I knew that if Taemin was in love with me, he would have told Key.  Key was sitting in front of me because he liked to put his seat back and if someone he didn’t know was sitting behind him, he felt uncomfortable putting his seat back.  I knew he wasn’t sleeping yet, so I tapped his shoulder, trying to find the right words to say.

“What do you need, Minho?”

“Were you asleep?”

“Not yet.”  Perfect.

“I wanted to tell you something.”

“And that would be?”

“I’m in love with Taemin.”  He turned around and looked at Taemin who had his headphones on and eyes closed.

“He loves you, too.”  Key gave me a huge smile before he ruffled my hair and turned back around.  Now I just needed to figure out how to tell him.  I should wait till after we land though.  I put my headphones back on and decided to just click on my favorite album, Taemin’s solo album.

~~^~~

Taemin’s POV

 

My final performance for my solo debut came and went.  I was really happy with everything.  The other members even threw a small party for me at home.  I had noticed that Minho-hyung had been smiling a lot more lately.  It felt like he had a secret that he wasn’t telling anyone and it scared me to think that he was dating. He always told us that if he started dating we would know about it.

Minho-hyung was going to be an MC for Music Core today again.  I was excited because when he was at Music Core and the other members were out, I would go to Minho’s room and lay in his bed until just before he came home.  His bed was so comfy and smelled like him.  I loved how he would always smell like he just came out of the shower, but yet he had this musky smell to him that drove me crazy.

I made myself comfortable on Minho-hyung’s bed, only to be poked in the hip by something hard.  I moved the blanket to see Minho-hyung’s journal.  He’s always had it.  It was old and you could tell he added pages to it.  I had never gone through Minho’s things before, but I couldn’t help but be curious.  I wanted to see what he had been writing about, especially now that he seemed happier.

I opened it to the first page and saw a picture of all five of us before our debut. We were all laying down on the practice floor.  I don’t think I’ve ever seen this picture.  He wrote about all of the performances we did the first year and had so many pictures.  I had been laughing at some of the stories he had written, remembering them very clearly.  It wasn’t until our Ring Ding Dong days that he had written at the bottom of one page, “I think I’m in love.”

I quickly closed the journal, trying not to freak out.  He was in love.  Was he still in love?  Probably not.  He would have told us if he acted on it.  I opened it back up and went through more.  He talked about how he felt worthless sometimes because he felt he didn’t give that much to the group.  

I wish he had talked to me about this.  I could have told him otherwise.  A couple of pages later there was a page that had a bunch of drawings on it but what caught my attention was the small words he had written inside a sloppy heart, “I know I’m in love with him.”

I closed the journal again, getting up from the bed, and started pacing.  This could not be happening.  Minho was gay.  Gay.  Why didn’t he tell us?  Urgh!  I want to know who he is talking about.  I grabbed the journal, reading it as I continued to pace around the room.

Minho-hyung continued to write about all our activities.  He would comment here and there about what he loved about this guy, but he would never say who it was. I was starting to get frustrated.  This guy had to be younger than him because Minho-hyung mentioned that he loved the way he would call him hyung, mentioning that he would probably lose it if this guy ever decided to call him oppa, even if he was teasing.

This was getting intense.  Minho-hyung really loved this guy.  I wonder if it’s a guy from EXO.  That would make sense.  Most of them are younger than him.  He did mention that the guy he was in love with worked for the same label.  When he talked about him being a dancer, I automatically thought of Kai.  

I didn’t want to cry, but I couldn’t help it, thinking of all the times I came to Minho-hyung to tell him about Kai, and he would seem to light up.  When I told him the first time about the managers thinking Kai and I were together, he seemed irritated about it.

I wanted Minho-hyung to be happy, but I did not want him to be with my best friend.  It would be better if he was straight and dating a girl than this.  I was starting to get angry, throwing the journal back onto the bed.  I couldn’t handle this.  

Anybody else would have been fine, right?  Why Kai?  I looked back at the journal, seeing a clear page slipping out.  I grabbed the journal carefully, keeping it in place, and went to the back where Minho-hyung had clear pages, full of photo cards. I looked through all of them.  Pages and pages of photo cards.  All of me.

He had all of the photo cards from every album we made, even the Japanese albums.  The pages behind them were lyrics.  Minho-hyung had written all of the lyrics to all my songs on my solo album.  They were also translated to English.  He had some pictures of me from my debut, some from my debut performance, and some from the SM concert.

I turned to the page that I was at before, when I thought he was in love with Kai, and continued to read from there.  He had to mention who he was in love with, sooner or later.  When he started writing about our times shooting Hello Baby, he finally wrote who he was in love with.  

I started jumping up and down on the bed, happy to see my name at the end of that beautiful sentence.  I was able to read about how he fell in love with me and why he never told me.  I needed to figure out a way to tell him how I felt.  I decided to go to the only person who knew I was in love with Minho-hyung, Key.

~~^~~

Minho’s POV

 

I was exhausted.  Playing soccer with Super Junior might not have been the best thing to do today.  I swear they were trying to kill me.  Once I got back to the dorm, I quickly went to take a shower.  I didn’t want Key to complain that I smelled like sweat.  Once I was done, I went to go lay on my bed.  I saw my journal and decided I should put the new picture I had of Taemin with the others in the back of my journal.

I still couldn’t figure out how to tell Taemin that I was also in love with him.  I asked Jonghyun-hyung to help me record something for Taemin and was excited that it would be done in a few hours.  Once Jonghyun-hyung found out why I wanted this, he became excited, and wanted to make sure everything was perfect.

I had started to fall asleep, waiting for Jonghyun-hyung to bring me the file so I could sneak it onto Taemin’s iPod.  Taemin would be practicing for our next SM concert tonight with Kai.   All I had to do was get Taemin’s iPod.  I had already figured out Taemin’s password on his computer.  I couldn’t get rid of my smile that day when I figured out that his password was my birthday.  I decided to make myself a snack and went to the kitchen.

“Minho?”  I turned around to see Jinki-hyung at the table with a box of chicken.

“Hyung, don’t you think you should eat some vegetables, too?”

“I will.  Do you want some chicken?”  I nodded and went to sit with him.  He handed me one of the boxes and continued to eat.

“Gomawo, hyung.”  I was almost finished with my box when Jonghyun-hyung came in smiling.

“Here you go, Minho.  Let me know when you’re ready to do it. I already have Taemin’s iPod, so you don’t have to worry about getting it.”

“Gomawo, hyung.  I will.  I’m excited for when he actually listens to it.”  He nodded his head and headed to the room he shared with Taemin.

“What are you planning?”

“You’ll see, hyung.”  I went to throw away my box and wash my hands when Taemin came in.

“Minho-hyung, can you do me a favor?”

“Of course, Taeminnie. What do you need?”  I turned around and saw that he had two outfits in his hand.

“Which one looks better?”  I liked whatever he wore, sometimes a little too much, but I really liked it when he wore all black with a white tie on.

“This one.  What’s this for?”

“Performance for the concert.  I told the noona’s I would pick out my own clothes.”

“Ah.  Well I think you would look better in this one.”  He nodded and went to his room.  I followed him, loving the way his white pants made his thighs look.

“Taeminnie, what time are you practicing with Kai tonight?”

“I’m leaving in about forty minutes.”

“Can you give this to Kai when you see him?”  I handed Taemin a small note.  

All it said was for Kai to give me a call and a small PS at the bottom.  But it was enough to get Taemin out of the dorm sooner, since the moment he had his hands around the note, he stated he wanted to get there earlier and was out of the dorm in seconds.  I looked at Jonghyun-hyung who had a huge smile on his face.

“Ready?”

“Of course, let’s get started Minho.”  I nodded and went to grab Taemin’s laptop. Jonghyun-hyung pulled out Taemin’s iPod from his jacket.  I quickly added the file to his playlist and connected the iPod so it could sync.

“Done.”

“Great.  Now we just need to wait for him to listen to it.  Which shouldn’t be long. He usually falls asleep with his headphones on and I take them off and set them on the table for him.”

“Gomawo, hyung.”

“Just make sure you tell Key who helped you two.”

“Arasso.  I really hope he listens to it tonight, but then I want him to be someplace unexpected and watch his reaction.”

“I want to see his reaction, too.”

“I’m going to go to bed now.”

“I’ll message you if he hears it tonight.”

“Arasso.  Goodnight, hyung.”  I left the room and went to mine, pulling out my journal so I could add today’s events before I went to bed.

~~^~~

Taemin’s POV

 

I really wanted to open the note.  Really bad.  Why would Minho-hyung give Kai a note?  I could always ask Kai what it said or read it over his shoulder.  When I arrived at the SM building, Kai was already there, practicing our dance for Pretty Boy.

After two hours of practicing, we ordered some chicken that delivered late at night, choosing to stay in and eat instead of going out and getting caught by fans. We were almost finished eating when I decided to give Kai the note from Minho.

“Kai?”

“Deh?”  I handed him the note, not meeting his gaze.

“That’s for you.”

“Hyung, you better not be confessing to me.”

“Ani, that’s from Minho-hyung.”

“Chincha?”  I nodded.  

His smile widened as he tore open the note.  His eyes narrowed while reading the note. What surprised me was the huge snort he let out followed by rolling on the floor laughing.

“Kai, what’s so funny?”

“Minho-hyung is.”

“Let me see.”

“Ani, it says specifically not to show it to you.”

“Chincha?”

“Deh.”  What could Minho-hyung be hiding from me?  I already knew he was in love with me.  Could he be losing interest because he thinks his love is unrequited?

“I’ve got to go, Kai.  We have to be up early in the morning.  I don’t want to be yelled at for being late.”

“Arasso, hyung, I’ll see you soon at the concert.”

“Deh.”  I waved goodbye and headed down to the car.  Once I arrived at the dorm, I went straight to Minho-hyung’s room, not bothering to knock.

“Minho-hyung!”  I went straight for his bed and threw myself on it.

“Yes, Taemin?”

“What was in that note that you gave to Kai?  He was on the floor laughing.”

Minho began laughing.  I wasn’t really paying attention when I barged into his room, so I was surprised to see him in nothing but his briefs sitting on a chair, lifting weights.  I sat straight up, focusing my eyes on my hands and not on his perfect eight pack.

“Did you ask Kai if you could read it?”

“I did.”

“And what did he say?”

“That you wrote specifically not to share it with me.”  Minho put the weight down and stood up, laughing hard.  I watched his muscles move, not realizing that he had stopped laughing.  I looked up, blushing hard as he smiled at me.

“Like what you see?”

“Eh.  I’m hard to impress.”

“Brat!”

“I think I’m doing well for myself.”  I pulled up my shirt to show him my small four pack. I didn’t miss the way he bit his lip, satisfied that I had an effect on him.

“Like what you see?”

“Eh, I’m hard to impress.”  We both started laughing.

“You better get to bed, we have to be up early.”

“You’re right.  I should go take a shower before bed, too.”

“Don’t forget to charge everything.  I’m not making that same mistake twice.”

“Oh, I forgot to ask, what did you end up listening to on the plane?”

“Promise you won’t laugh at me?”

“Promise.”

“I listened to your album.”  I tried not to laugh.  I really did.

“Yah! You promised you wouldn’t laugh.”

“I just can’t believe you were too lazy to look through so many good songs that I have and ended up listening to something you didn’t want to.”

“Yah!  I may have been lazy but I would never say that about your album.  I love your album.”

“Whatever, hyung. I’m going to take a shower now.”

“Have fun!”  I quickly left his room and locked myself in the bathroom.  I still hadn’t figured out how to tell him that I love him, too.  I should talk to Key, but I’ll wait until tomorrow.  I could sit by him on the plane and we could figure it out together.

The next morning everybody was getting all their things ready for the flight, running around and putting last minute things into their suitcases.  I was finished packing along with Jinki-hyung but I still couldn’t find one of my shoes.  I think better while listening to music, so I put my headphones on, and set my MH tracks on shuffle.  

All of them were of Minho-hyung.  I was ecstatic to find someone on YouTube who loved Minho-hyung as much as I do.  She would make these awesome audio files of Minho-hyung speaking or singing or laughing.

I began rummaging through my closet when I heard Minho’s voice singing softly.  I didn’t recognize the song.  I sat down on the floor and continued to listen.  He sang softly in English, his voice never cracking or squeaking.  He quit singing but the melody continued to play.  Suddenly he began speaking.

Taemin-ah, almost five years ago I fell in love with you.

You never ceased to amaze me

I never thought you would return my feelings

Deciding best to keep quiet

I knew that being near you would be enough

Hoping one day you didn’t do anything

That would make me snap

You tested me during Lucifer

Tempted me during Why So Serious

Broke me during Everybody

And tortured me during Ace

I was happy to find your playlist

Filled with my voice

I’m sorry it took so long

To figure out you felt the same

For me as I have

Felt for you

Saranghae Taemin-ah

I sat there for what seemed like hours.  Minho-hyung knew how I felt for him. Here I was trying to figure out how to tell him when he perfectly told me himself.  I didn’t know what to say to him.  Do I go and hug him?  Kiss him?  What can I do? He was perfect to me.  The way he choose to tell me he loved me was beautiful.  I couldn’t think of anything I could do that would measure up to this.

I felt a tap to my shoulder, looking up to see Jonghyun-hyung.  He smiled at me and gave me my shoe that I had been looking for.  I smiled and took off my headphones.  I could probably figure out something on the plane.  We would be back soon anyway.  I’m sure he expected to see my reaction to hearing his confession, but I think I’ll wait till we come back.

Three days later we were all in the kitchen, scarfing down food since we hadn’t been able to eat lunch.  I could sense Minho-hyung staring at me.  He’d been watching me intently.  Even coming to stand or sit by me anytime I had my earphones on.  After hearing his confession the first time, I had looked at my iPod to discover he had titled the song, CTM.  It didn’t take me long to figure out that it meant Choi Taemin.

I had decided two days ago, that I needed to be here in the dorm when I finally made him think I was listening to the file for the first time.  Seeing as no one was really sitting at the table except for Jinki-hyung, choosing to stand and eat, and not fall asleep while eating, I decided to put my headphones on, dancing slightly while I ate.

“Taemin, what are you listening to?”  I smirked and took one ear bud out.

“None of your business, hyung.”  He smirked and through an eggroll at me.  I caught it and popped it into my mouth, making everybody laugh.  I thought I should wait a few minutes before I decided to continue with my plan.  I went to the table and grabbed some more meat, stopping midway with my mouth hung open.  I’d say I was there for about two minutes before Jinki-hyung said something.

“Taemin-ah, gwenchana?”  I nodded my head, not saying anything.  From the corner of my eye I could see Minho-hyung smirking into his bowl.  I turned around, eating slowing, deciding to pace.  Minho moved to sit beside Jinki-hyung. Jonghyun-hyung also went to sit down.

It made me wonder if that is how he was able to put the song on my iPod in the first place.  I bet Jinki-hyung and Jonghyun-hyung were both in on it, too.  They helped him and didn’t say anything to me.  I figured I could surprise everybody if I did something I knew Minho-hyung couldn’t handle, something he wrote in his journal.

I took off my headphones, putting them into my pocket and went to the table to grab more steak.  Minho-hyung and Jonghyun-hyung both exchanged a look.  I continued to eat, trying to figure out how to say it to him.  Before I could start a sentence, Minho-hyung spoke first.

“Taemin, are you okay?  Didn’t like what you heard?”

“Huh?”

“You put your headphones away.”

“Ah, it was hurting my ear.”  Minho-hyung looked disappointed.  I decided I might as well tell him, before he thinks I don’t feel the same.  I went up to him, setting myself on his lap, making him jump slightly.

“Taemin, what are you doing to Minho?”  I smirked at Key, giving him a wink before I turned to Minho-hyung.

“Minho-oppa.”  Minho-hyung started coughing, choking on the rice he had just put in his mouth, from my bowl, since I was blocking his bowl. I set my bowl and chopsticks down on the table, crossing my legs slowly, and putting my arms around Minho-hyung’s neck.

“Gwenchana, Minho-oppa.”  He started blushing, giving me the confidence I needed.

“What’s wrong, Minho-oppa?”  I felt his arms around my waist, pulling me close.  I leaned in close, making sure he saw me bite my lip before I spoke again.

“Oppa?”  He leaned in closer, smirking slightly.

Even though I wanted nothing more than him dominating me, I wanted to show him, just how much I wanted him.  I grabbed his hair hard, pulling his head back to expose his neck.  I kissed the base of his throat, my way up over his double adams apple and attacked his lips.  He moaned into the kiss, allowing me to swipe my tongue over his.  Just when Minho-hyung started deepening the kiss, I was lifted off of him.

“Taemin, what the hell!?” I looked over at Jinki-hyung who had lifted me off of Minho-hyung.

“Yah!  Why did you do that, hyung? It was just getting good.”  I smirked at Minho-hyung.  He got up from the table, grabbed my hand and led me to his room.

“You know what you just started, right?”

“I do.”

“Good, because you’re moving into my room tonight.”