Remind Me of You

Remind Me of You

 

 

“Watch out, hyung!” four members of SHINee shouted in unison.

But they were late as Onew tripping down on the wet floor that is just mopped.

“Ouch!” Onew yelled in pain as his met the cold floor.

His fellow members reached him quickly.

“Are you okay, hyung?” Taemin asked worriedly.

Minho and Jonghyun both grabbed each of Onew’s hand and pulled him up.

Key rolled his eyes at his hyung’s clumsiness

“Sometimes I wonder why do you still have a complete part of your body until now, Hyung,” he said.

Onew just smiled slightly by his statement.

“Nah, I’ll go shopping with Minho and Taemin,” Key said, “Jonghyun-Hyung, please look over Onew-hyung. I don’t want him to burn this house when we leave.”

“But I want to go with you guys..” Jonghyun whined.

“If you didn’t do my order, then I’ll stop cooking for you for a month,” Key treatened.

“Fine, fine, then. I’ll stay at home,” Jonghyun said in defeat.

“You can catch them up, Jjong,” Onew said as the younger three left.

Jonghyun sighed but then smiled, “It’s okay, Hyung. I’m a bit tired thought, so I’ll take a nap now.”

It’s been two hours full of peaceful sleep for Jonghyun when heard a high-pitched shriek from the kitchen.

Jonghyun stood up abruptly and rushing to the kitchen just to find Onew cluctched his right hand tightly.

“What’s happen, Hyung?” Jonghyun asked worriedly.

“I just want to make an instant noddle. But then I accidentally burn my fingers,” Onew explained as a tear formed in the corner of his eyes.

Jonghyun shook his head and reached Onew’s hand to inspect the injury. Then he brought the hand to the sink and flushed his hand with the cold water.

Jonghyun applied a gel then wrapped the fingers with band aid.

Onew looked at all his action carefully.

Then Jonghyun kissed the injuried finger, made the older one blushed in embarrasment.

“Hyung, can you be more careful?” Jonghyun asked.

“Huh?” Onew raised his brows confusedly.

“You make me worried everytime you got hurt. It’s like everytime I take my eyes off you, even for seconds, you’ll always get hurt,” Jonghyun sighed.

“But I never intend to get hurt, Jjong. It’s just... happen,” Onew said defensive.

“Yeah, I know. But please, do your best to be careful, hyung,” Jonghyun said. “you know that I really love you, right? So it’s important fo me to make sure that you’re alright.”

Onew smiled by his boyfriend’s words.

“I understand, Jjong. And I love you, too.”

Onew opened his eyes. The dream that he just dreamt about still completely filled his mind.

It’s hurt that the times when he happy with Jonghyun was flew away. The memories that he tried his best to forget, often intruded his sleeps and woke him up in the middle of the night, made him stayed awake after that until morning came.

It’s hurt that he lost of his chance to stay near Jonghyun.

Yeah, they were still stayed as  a members of the same group. But everything has changed.

The one that Jonghyun kissed in the morning wasn’t him anymore. The one that cuddled with Jonghyun while watched movies at night wasn’t him anymore.

And it’s hurt to see all those the things that he used to do with Jonghyun now was replaced by another person.

Onew stood up and left his room. He stopped in the living room just to saw Jonghyun cuddled in the couch with his arms wrapped around Key tightly.

His breath hitched as he felt something heavy pressed his heart tightly. He turned around, walked slowly so that he wouldn’t wake them up. He opened the glass door to the balcony and passed it quietly. He slid the door closed with a soft thud, then took a seat in the cold wooden floor.

He looked upward, no stars that night. There was just a complete dark night sky.

“Jjong, I miss you,” he whispered to himself.

‘Where is the love that once they have gone?’ He asked himself.

Is there really nothing he can do to get back to those times where they loved each other?

Is he has done something wrong that he deserved to be broken like this?

Onew burried his face between his knees and sobbed silently.

He loved him so much, maybe more than anything. But why does on earth he has to lose someone that so precious in his life while  he has done everything to keep him by his side?

But no one could answer that. Because that was how love worked on your life. Sometimes it brought happiness, but in the other chance it broke you into pieces.