Chicken Soup

Love Sick

That soccer game was totally not worth it. I woke up with a sore throat and a runny nose that just wouldn't stop.

I groaned loudly, not wanting to move. It was 6:04 and I had vocal practice starting at seven. I curled up in bed and tried to go back to sleep, but the uncomfortable feeling in my throat didn't let me.

I guess the shower last night didn't help much.

I had felt like playing a game of soccer after practice, and I talked the rest of the members into playing with me. Key refused to play once he saw the field was muddy, so it was Jonghyun and Onew against Taemin and me.

Halfway through the game, it started pouring rain, and we were all too into the game to stop playing. At that point I was set to win and Jonghyun refused to loose against me. The game ended 4:4, and neither Jonghyun nor I were too happy about that. Taemin just laughed and pat my back when Jonghyun made the last goal that tied the game.

The dorm wasn't too far, and the rain had let up, so we, stupidly decided to walk. Key, the only one who came out of the whole affair clean, took a cab home. Because Tae had done so well, he had made three out of the four goals, we stopped by the convenience store and I bought him some banana milk. We lost Jonghyun and Onew at the store and we hurried back to the dorm to make sure we got our hot showers.

Taemin looked amazing, as weird as it sounds, drenched in rain and covered in mud. I stole more than a couple of glances at him during our walk home. He smiled a lot in between sips of his banana milk, and that smile was what was making my heart swell up and wring itself out.

When we got home, I let him jump into the shower first. Even then, I felt something in my throat, but I just dismissed it and blamed it on straining my voice during practice.

All the discomfort disappeared anyway when I saw Taemin come out, towel draped over his hair.

"Thank you, Hyung! Hurry, the water's still hot!" He said with a sweet smile. The smile turned into a smirk, and he said, "Take a long shower, Jjong and Onew deserve cold water after that game." I smiled and laughed a little, the smirk of his had really made me nervous. He'd been inflicting that effect on me for a very long time, but I never seem to get used to it. When I got out of the shower, Taemin was already asleep in his and Jonghyun's room. I couldn't help but feel slightly disappointed, I wanted to spend some more time with him.

Needless to say, that even after using all the hot water, I woke up sick. I grumbled a bit more and felt sorry for myself, then I dragged myself out of bed with the little strength I had left.

I made my way into the kitchen to find Key, mumbling something about Jonghyun and violently scrambling some eggs. I laughed a little, and it turned into a heavy cough and I just couldn't stop until Key started slapping my back hard enough to rattle my internal organs.

"You got sick, didn't you?" he said with a smirk on his face.

"Don't rub it in..." I said.

"You know where the medicine is, and there's some hot tea for you over there on the counter. Grab some tea and go back to bed, I canceled your schedule for today already." He says nonchalantly scooping spoonfuls if eggs onto four plates already half full with bacon and hashbrowns.

"How'd you know I would get sick?" I ask him, already preparing my tea. The sore throat needs to go away, and tea is the best thing for that. Honey too, it helps a lot.

I manage to plop myself onto the couch without spilling a drop of tea. The couch was not too far from the kitchen, but far enough that the, usually delicious, smell of breakfast wouldn't make me nauseous.

"I just knew. And I didn't tell you to go sit down on the couch, I told you to go back to bed! I don't need you to get the rest of us sick!" he yells from the kitchen. It's not a complete morning without Key umma making an appearance.

"Fine, just make sure to get me some soup. My schedule's too busy for me to be sick." I say grumbling and dragging my feet back to my room.

I finish up my tea, and roll myself up in my covers. I should feel better after a nap.

I wake up, what feels like days later, to an insistent shaking of my shoulders, and a whispered, "Hyung?"

"Hyung, please wake up." I grumble, and roll over to face the angelic voice.

"Minho! Get up! I made you soup and I'm not going to let it get cold because you want to sleep more!" I try to fight the smile on my face when I hear him stomp his foot.

Aigoo... so cute.

The frustration is audible in his groan, and he pushes on my shoulders again.

Big mistake, little maknae.

I grab his arm and I pull him to me until he falls to the bed. I haven't done this in a long time, not since Taemin and I shared a room, but I'm sick and sleepy, so I pull him to me and wrap my arms around him like a pillow.

"Hyuuuuung! Let me go!" he says, obviously flustered. It's cute and he's not struggling so I pull him even tighter against me.

"Shhhh. Pillows aren't supposed to talk." I say snuggling my face into his neck and breathing his scent. Its the usual Taemin smell with a faint scent of banana milk.

Hmmmm, he smells so good...

I fight the urge to move my lips on his neck just to see what he tastes like. Being sick around Taemin is like being drunk, I can't control myself.

"But your soup! It'll get cold!"

"Shhhh, Pillow. Cuddle. Eat later." I say snuggling closer to him and breathing in some more of that dizzying scent of his.

"What the hell did Key give you? You're acting really weird, Hyung." He mumbles, finally giving in, and placing an arm on my shoulder. My eyes start feeling heavy again, and I don't even notice when they slip closed again. 
 

When I finally wake up again, I feel something heavy on my chest, and it's not because I'm sick.

It's Taemin, he must have drifted off...

He looked beautiful on my chest like that. His mouth was slightly open, a small breath escaping every now and then and his chest rising and falling in a rhythmic pattern. His hair was a little messy, it was spread out partly on my chest, and a lot of it was cascading into his face, mostly falling into his closed eyes.

What wouldn't I do to wake up like this every day?

I place an arm on his back and I move him closer to me and I feel him shift slightly. He grabs a handful of my shirt and tugs on it, pulling himself flush against me.

Please don't wake up, Minnie. Just stay like this with me for a little while longer.

He lets out a soft sigh and I relax a little bit, thinking that he was still asleep. I tense up immediately when I hear his groggy voice mumble a breathy, "Minho-hyung~"

Is he dreaming about me?

I smile a little at the thought of him dreaming of me. Maybe he does like me. He seeps pretty comfortable lying on my chest, and just the way that he says my name is really sweet...

"Taemin-ah, are you awake?" I say, hoping he would wake up. I shift a little under him, hoping he will open his eyes and realize that he's no longer being the one used as a pillow, I am.

He groans softly and wiggles around a little trying to get comfortable again before going completely rigid. Before I know it, he's scrambling out of bed and blushing brighter than a tomato.

"H-Hyung! I- I'm- uh- I'm gonna go heat up some soup for you!" he says bolting out of the door at a million miles a minute.

I laugh a little to myself at how flustered he was after realizing he was practically on top of me. After laughing without coughing my lungs out, I realize there is nothing in my chest or in my nose telling me I'm sick. I guess a a nap while cuddling with Taemin is a perfect cure for any of my illnesses.

Just to be safe, I grab a change of clothes and head to the bathroom. A warm shower and Tae's soup should be enough to get everything out of my system. 
 

After draping a towel over my hair, I walk over to the kitchen to find Taemin leaning his forehead against the refrigerator mumbling to himself.

How much cuter can he get?

Silently, I walk over to him and stop right behind him.

"Minnie? What are you doing?" I say, poking his side. He yelps and jumps a bit and hits his head on the fridge hard enough to make him fall backwards into my arms.

"Taemin! Are you okay?" I ask him worriedly, mentally kicking myself for sneaking up on him like that. He groans in response and gets himself off of me.

"I-I'm fine, Hyung!" he says and pushes himself up to sit on the counter. He tilts his head down, trying to hide the obvious blush forming on his cheeks.

He's been doing that a lot lately... hiding and blushing. Half the time I'm with him, he seems to be blushing...

I may be dense, but not that dense.

This little maknae has a crush on me. 
 

I ate my soup, particularly happy with my new discovery, on the couch. Taemin eventually joined me, seemingly back to his normal self. He sat on the same couch, his back supported by the armrest and his legs on my lap.

"Taeminnie?"

"Yeah?"

"Thank you."

"For what?"

"For making me soup and taking care of me. I know you had a schedule today... thank you for staying." I say, squeezing his leg.