Chapter 1

Life is difficult without you

There was this time in my life where I thought I could do anything. I thought I could climb the highest mountain, become anything I wanted and also live free without restrictions of any kind. A tear ran down my cheek. Its warm temperature was ironic thinking of the cold thoughts it had formed by.

I soon learned that those were cowardly stupid ideas of a life that only existed far in the back of my head, not related to the true world in any way.

I thought I could do anything? Right now I can't even communicate with other human beings than my mother and father, and with them also only temporarily.

 

School is a difficult situation. I never answered any questions in class, I have never raised my hand once. But that doesn't really matter since I live in Korea where there is no such thing as oral grades. All that counts is how good I do at the exams and, of course, that I exist in class. It depends on how you define 'exist' as though, for me it means that my body is there. I usually sleep.

 

So, compared to the average 16-year-old I am rather weird to say the least. I do not socialize, I do not own a smartphone, and I do not care for s. Because of that I was practically bullied almost all of my life, until I went to high school.

There I probably met the nicest person on this planet, his name was Joonmyeon and he was the representative of our class. He motherly cared about a good atmosphere around me and my fellow students. He stopped the bullying that actually never bothered me.

Maybe I even felt a sense of comfort by the bullying. It gave me the feeling of being a part of this class. Some people saw me as a victim, they pitied me for receiving such harsh comments on my existence. I never cared about other peoples opinions, they simply don't matter. But who matters to me? My family, since we are genetically related, but other than that … I had no one, and I couldn't care less about that fact.

 

My classmates now ignore me completely. I'm kind of lonely sometimes, but I can't do anything about it. Time passed and I got used to it.

Joonmyeon talked to me one day after classes finished, and that was the first time I ever saw him make a mistake. I came unprepared so I was too startled to answer. I just kind of awkwardly stamped away, trying a little too hard to look comfortable when I actually was ridiculously uneasy when confronted with that situation.

 

I walked home in the same manner I always did, following strict rules I had accustomed my life with. I had certain routines I liked to keep and they didn't bother me at all, they gave me a warm, comfortable feeling. I felt hunger for my desk where I could study for hours without being bothered by anyone. Just the thought of my pencil the paper in peace gave me goosebumps.

 

Everything should change that day.

 

I took out my keys when the door to our house was only a few steps away.

There was an unknown car to the left, parked on our property. Wondering whose car that could possibly be followed by some legitamate reasoning, I was about to witness something I wouldn't have thought was possible.

I opened the door. Right after the short hallway I could take a brief look at the living room already.

There was someone on the couch. Plump lips, charismatic eyes, light brown hair that was styled with some type of gel. He looked mascular to say the least, arrogant as well.

There were two big bags and a suitcase piled untidily around him.

He looked up and down at me with raised eyebrows followed by an obviously derogative 'hmph' kind of sound. It seemed like he lost interest the second he noticed me.

My mom rushed down from upstairs, I heard her small feet stamp on each step loudly.

 

''Oh, Kyungsoo, sweetie!'' she said with an exaggerated smile on her face ''So, you met Jongin already,'' she said nervously ''Jongin is here because he was living in a very difficult situation... his mother is a good friend of mine, -'' she looked down. Her smile fainted slightly without being less fake ''he will have to stay here for a while''.

 

The words rang in my ears. A stranger, male, about the same age as me will stay here in our house? There couldn't be a worse situation imaginable. After some time of thinking, I concluded that I had to say something. Minutes past, my mouth opened and closed.

Being watched by a charismatic pair of eyes skeptically, I very silently but clearly brought out the word that Iwas looking for ''where''.

Having expected that question, Kyungsoo's mother shivered lightly ''in your room''.

 

My world was breaking apart at that time. Why was life cruel enough to change? Why can't everything stay in order all the time? This whole situation was just too much.

Why can't he sleep on the couch? I assume the reason is that he is going to stay for a relatively long time. Maybe a few days, but probably longer than that. I wonder what happened to him, but at the same time I just can't seem to care. One things for sure, he is going to be in the way.

 

''Now, Kyungie … honey please be so kind and help him organize his things upstairs. Yes, show him your room, take good care of him.''

 

The walk upstairs was awkward. I could literally feel the secret glares shooting up my neck.

These glares were so obvious that it was almost sad to believe Jongin tried to glare in secret.

When we finally reached the upper floor, Jongin definitely expected me to say something, but I only walked further down the upper hallway after taking a small pause to think a bit about what to do with my life.

They reached his room.

 

After hours and hours of what seemed to be a ridiculous fight of silence, where I studied and he was playing with his smartphone, Jongin was the first to say something.

 

''You know, I would prefer you called me Kai, but since your one of those dramatic mute persons, it doesn't matter what I say anyways does it?'' he looked straight at Kyungsoo, whose head was held down.

''I'm too tired for this, man'' he said as he stripped his shirt off and laid down on the mattress Mrs Do put on the floor for him.

 

''I ing hate being stuck here.'' he said mumbling while turning around.

 

_________________________________________________________________________________

[ A/N ] : Okay that was the first Chapter.. Thank you for reading ^^ I just love Kaisoo sooooo much T-T It will get pretty dramatic and romance-ish soon, so please be patient (if anyone reads this story ever xD) <3

I would appreciate any type of comment of course! I will hopefully update this soon :) Love you all xD