Final

Spirit Realm

AN: Enjoyyy! Cute little fluff/angst drabble. I couldn’t bear any heavy angst XD  

 

Taemin knew he was a normal boy. He was in his third year of university, he liked dancing, and listening to music. He found science to be fun and history to be boring, and most of the time he loved to read. But what most people didn’t know was that his best friend…was a ghost. Jinki was a cute little ghost, one who constantly hovered around him and poked him whenever he was frowning.

Taemin had met Jinki back in high school, on one fateful day when something fell out of the tree he was sitting under. Taemin remembered looking up that day and seeing a white figure gazing down at him in return. Taemin had screamed, of course, as the figure floated down in front of him and smiled brightly. Even now as Taemin sat in his apartment, Jinki sat next to him on the couch.

The junior waved his hand through Jinki’s aura.

 “Hey! Move your ghost over, Hyung!”

“Yah, is that anyway to talk to your favorite person in the world?” Jinki asked, poking Taemin’s forehead.

What Taemin found adorable was that he could always feel when Jinki touched him, but he was never sure if the elder could feel him in return. As he got to know Jinki through the years, he learned that the elder was four years older than him and had died in a car accident near his high school. Taemin knew he hadn’t known him in real life, which is why he guessed that the elder stuck around him.

Taemin had never told Jinki this, but he often wished he was alive, simply because he had a crush on him. Taemin believed that Jinki knew somehow, though. One day his ghost friend was nowhere to be seen. Taemin wasn’t all that worried. He knew that Jinki disappeared every once in a while, to visit the place where he had died.

But when it was getting late at night, he grew panicked. The moment Jinki floated in through the door he rushed at the ghost, trying to grasp him.

“Where have you been?!”

“Come with me,” Jinki said, brushing his forehead.

Taemin followed after the spirit, giggling at the way Jinki danced around him and poked at his glasses. Out in the street, Taemin knew he got weird looks for talking to Jinki. It always looked like he was talking to himself, but only he knew the truth.

He felt the ghost get on his back and point.

“Up that hill!”

“Yah…do you have to be on my back?”

“Yes, silly,” Jinki said.

Taemin blushed when he felt a pair of ghostly lips on cheek. Taemin climbed up to the hill Jinki was talking about and gasped up at the night sky. It was beautiful out here and he could see the stars shining brightly. He felt the ghost move around him until he was floating in front of him.

Jinki was smiling shyly, “T-there’s something I need to tell you.”

Taemin peered at his best friend softly, “Hyung?”

“I could have departed this world years ago.” Jinki gave him a serious look, “But I could never bear to leave you.” 

Taemin was shocked by this information. Had Jinki come to terms with his death? Did that mean he was leaving? Jinki touched his cheek.

“I fell in love with your bratty personality a while ago, Tae.”

Taemin lifted his hand, touching Jinki’s cheek.

 “A-are you leaving? Ri-right when I’m supposed to tell you how much I love you, too?!”

Jinki leaned forward, letting his lips touch Taemin’s. The boy shut his eyes, letting a tear drip from his eyes. It felt like a gentle caress, softly lulling him to sleep.

Jinki pulled back, “I’ll be waiting for you.”

When Taemin opened his eyes, Jinki was gone. He looked around, trying to find his best friend. Instead he felt something in his hands. A small pendant lay there with their names scratched into it. Taemin clutched it tightly and peered up at the heavens.

 “I’ll be waiting to join you, Hyung. Soon.”

Almost as if Jinki was listening, a shooting star flew overhead, flying off into the distance.

He’d meet him someday soon and he could be free to be together with him, loving him right with every ounce of humanity and heart he had.

 

AN: Omooooo cried a little bit writing this. XD