The Collar.

Wishing Factory.co
"Bean?" Taekwoon called out through the house.
 
All of his sisters were out for their jobs and Taekwoon was alone. It was Thursday but he didn't go to class because there was none. It was the annual club fest day -that he decided to not go as he's got nothing to show the seniors of the club. So he stayed home.
 
He still couldn't figure out what to do with Bean if there was a day that he were to go to school, his sisters to their respected jobs and the puppy day care were to close. Taekwoon mentally sighed at the thought. His head drooped in agony. He had to think of it fast as tomorrow would be the day. The puppy day care down the street was very convenient and affordable for him but unfortunately, it closes on Fridays and Sundays. What a shame, Taekwoon thought.
 
He knelt on his bedroom floor and peeked under the bed to look for Bean. He wasn't there. Taekwoon rummaged through his blanket, usually finding a sleepy beagle there but again, Bean wasn't there. He wanted to be annoyed but he couldn't. He'd grown so fond of the little creature over the past few days that even his sisters would approve of the fact within a heartbeat. Instead, he worried. The little fella must've went into hiding as he thought it was time for Taekwoon to go to class and he needs to be sent away to the day care -in which he dislikes very much.
 
Taekwoon knew Bean would only hide in his room so he went through every possible hiding place for a small beagle. Finally he found the little one in his closet, hiding behind the boxes Taekwoon had decided to not unpack. He pulled Bean out and settled him on the bed where Bean scrambled under the blankets, again, trying to run away.
 
"I'm not going to class today," Taekwoon smiled as he gently pats the little bobbing head under the blankets.
 
Bean yelped and struggled his way out, ending up bumping his head into Taekwoon's thighs. Taekwoon helped him out, settling him on his shoulder as he got up to comb his hair. Even if he was to stay at home, Taekwoon had to go out and buy Bean's needs. They both survived by sharing everything -from the bed to their food and even to their shower needs, but Taeyoung had reminded him that it was an animal -a young animal, to be exact and it needs to be cared for thoroughly. So Taekwoon decided to go do a little shopping at the pet store.
 
"Leash or no leash?" Taekwoon turned to the little fella on his shoulder as they got to the front door.
 
Bean wagged his tail and Taekwoon took it as a 'yes'. He hooked the leash on Bean's collar and opened the door only to find a young blond-haired boy standing on the doorstep. He looked startled but he bowed as a greeting and scratched his neck, smiling awkwardly.
 
"I'm sorry, but is this Mr Lee's house?" he asked.
 
"No, it's Mr Jungs," Taekwoon answered, closing the door.
 
"I'm sorry, I must've had the wrong house. Sorry to bother you- oh, sorry to you too, buddy," he chuckled as he looked down at the little puppy clinging onto his leg.
 
Taekwoon noticed that Bean was excited, standing on twos, his paws reaching out as his tail wagged furiously. The boy knelt down and cuddled the little one, scratching his head playfully. He even made little sounds that people only do to babies as Bean jumped in his arms.
 
Honestly, Taekwoon found it interesting as he never had any experience in this before.
 
"Awww he's cute," he said as he stood, Bean still in his arms.
 
"Do you have one?" Taekwoon asked quietly.
 
"Yeah...but mine is a little older than this fella. What's his name?" he asked as he pouted to Bean, making those sounds again.
 
"Bean."
 
"That's cute..." he chuckled and put the waggling puppy down.
 
"I'm really sorry if I stopped you from what you were doing, but I just love dogs...well, urm, I'll go now. Have a nice day and I'll see you sometimes else, Bean!" the boy bowed to Taekwoon and waved to Bean.
 
Taekwoon watched him as he walked away to the next house, this time being welcomed in. Guess he's found Mr Lee's house then, Taekwoon thought.
 
 
...
 
 
Taekwoon took his bicycle to find the nearest pet store and it was just a short ride as he found one not far from the puppy day care. He got Bean out of the bicycle's basket and set him down on the pavement.
 
"Excuse me, but can you help me? I don't have much experience in this," Taekwoon said to the staff working in the shop as soon as he got inside.
 
"Of course! Oh, how adorable. 3 months, is he?" the staff asked as he picked Bean up.
 
"I'm not sure...someone gave it to me last week."
 
"Oh, well that's okay. I think he's 3-4 months judging from his still raw and small paws. Now can I see your teeth? Say ahhh~" the staff opened Bean's mouth after he placed the little one on the counter.
 
Taekwoon watched as Bean diligently followed what he was told. A little smile went up his lips as he saw Bean turning his head to him. He didn't make a sound but Taekwoon somehow knew he was a little scared to the unfamiliar situation. Taekwoon nodded at him as he smiled a little more.
 
"No mouth or ear infection, his fur is incredibly clean with no patches of balding, his paws and tummy also clean and healthy...so he's alright. Now, what do you need? Food or other things like wet tissues and nail clippers?" the staff asked as he set Bean down -who quickly went to Taekwoon's side again.
 
"Everything."
 
 
 
Taekwoon ended up paying a total of 40$ worth of small navy-coloured bed, a multi food tray to fit both Bean's drink and meal, a month load of canned food and doggy biscuits, 2 bottled shampoo, a brush, a nail clipper and some toys. It was worth it, Taekwoon thought, as he could afford it and everything he needed was there.
 
But a problem arose when he remembered that he only brought his bicycle instead of his car. He sighed.
 
"Mr Cha! I'm back from the Lee's, do we have anymore errands? I have to go home, Wonshik called," a familiar voice called out from the shop door.
 
Taekwoon turned to the voice and found the same blond boy from his doorstep not too long ago. And it seemed like the boy noticed him too, suddenly wearing a surprised look in his face. He walked over to Taekwoon and Bean and bowed politely -in which Taekwoon bowed back. The boy smiled and quickly knelt down to meet Bean.
 
"Ohooo are we fated to be together, Bean? Ahhh, you gotten even cuter!" he chuckled.
 
"Sanghyuk-ah! Oh, Sanghyuk-ah, do you two know each other?" the earlier staff came back and asked the boy.
 
"With Bean, yes, from earlier when I got lost finding Mr Lee's house. But the owner...oh, my bad," he stood up as he rubbed his neck sheepishly, answering the staff.
 
"This is Sanghyuk, he just worked here a month ago and he's our errand boy. I'm sorry he's a bit rude," the staff laughed.
 
"Hyung! I just forgot, okay? I wasn't being rude," he pouted at the staff. To Taekwoon, he bowed again, saying,
 
"I'm sorry, I forgot my manners for a moment there. As that nagging hyung had said, I'm Sanghyuk, but you can call me Hyuk."
 
Taekwoon shook the boy's hand and gave a little bow back.
 
"Taekwoon."
 
"I see you've bought some stuff for Bean? Do you need help in carrying them to your car?" the boy eyed the mounting stuff on the counter.
 
Taekwoon sighed internally and focused his stare to the floor.
 
 
 
"Do I put this here?"
 
Taekwoon nodded as he also put down the paper bags of puppy food and toiletries. Hyuk had helped Taekwoon carry the rest -the bed and toys, back to the house after he embarrassingly told him that he didn't bring a car, but a bike instead. Hyuk was more than happy to help.
 
"Thank you...and I'm sorry-"
 
"It's okay! Bean's my friend now, right Bean? And friends help each other out." He grinned at Bean.
 
Taekwoon let out a relieved sigh. He went to the kitchen to get some water for them both but he didn't forget his manners to gesture for the boy to have a seat on the couch. He was thanked as the younger one picked Bean up to pay with. Returning to the living room with two glasses of cold sparkling water, Taekwoon stopped to admire the way the boy Hyuk was attending to Bean.
 
It looked like Bean was growing fond of the boy already. For a minute there, he had thought of giving Bean to Hyuk as he could be a more satisfying owner than himself but he quickly denied that he'd thought so. He continued walking and Bean quickly jumped down from Hyuk's lap and went to Taekwoon's side where he tugged at his owner's jeans.
 
"What?" Taekwoon stopped.
 
The little one yelped and jumped a little. Somehow Taekwoon knew that Bean was saying that he had to pee. Or poo. Either way, Taekwoon handed Hyuk his drink, put down his and jogged to the bathroom with Bean toddling in tow. He opened the door for Bean and left to meet with Hyuk again.
 
"Potty break?" Hyuk chuckled.
 
Taekwoon smiled a little and sat on a couch not far from where Hyuk was. They settled with a light silence until Bean came toddling back to the living room. Hyuk grinned at the little one and picked him up, babying him with all the gooey sounds he made earlier. Taekwoon sat and watch, silently laughing at the view. Then Hyuk's phone rang.
 
"Oh hyung! I forgot, sorry! I'll be there in a few minutes okay? Sorry..." he rubbed his neck and hung up.
 
He put Bean down and stood, suddenly bowing to Taekwoon as a saying of goodbye.
 
"Thank you for the drink, Taekwoon...hyung? Do I call you hyung? I'm 19. Urm, anyway, I have to go, my...brother called. I have to get home."
 
"Okay. Thank you again..."
 
"You're welcome." the boy Hyuk was about to leave but stopped when he heard Bean whimper a little.
 
Hyuk smiled and knelt down to the little one, scratching its head. He chuckled when Bean nuzzled his nose into his hand. Taekwoon tilted his head slowly, confused of the situation. The younger boy got up, pulling a pen from the front pocket of his cardigan. He wrote his number on a piece of tissue that he fished from the tissue box on the coffee table and handed it to Taekwoon.
 
"Call me if you need any help, since it looks like you're still new in this whole pet thing. Okay, hyung? I'll be leaving now. Beanie, I need to leave now, but we'll meet again sooner or later, okay?" Hyuk cooed at the whimpering little one as he left.
 
Again, the house was left to the two people. Taekwoon made himself comfortable by removing his jacket and started to organize Bean's new stuffs in its places. Bean, not knowing anything, followed his owner here and there, quietly toddling around the house. After Taekwoon placed Bean's new bed in the living room next to the TV cabinet, he heard Bean whimpering again.
 
He went to Bean and picked him up, settling him on his lap gently. He reached for the journal near the cabinet and started to flip the pages, trying to find an answer as to why his little friend was whimpering so much. After a few useless minutes, he still couldn't figure it out. The journal only mentioned that if Bean whimpered, there could be 3 possibilities. He has to go potty break, he has some kind of sickness or in pain anyhwere or the usual common hunger and thirst.
 
Taekwoon tried giving food, it was declined. Bean looked up at him, questioning. He checked for any wounds but there wasn't any. He was just checked a while ago and it was said that Bean was fine. It couldn't be that he needed to go potty again. He just went, Taewkoon thought. But for safe measures, he still left the bathroom door open.
 
After a while, Taekwoon gave up. He mentally sighed and plopped his tired body on the couch, laying down. He legs dangled at the edge as he was quite tall but his body fit the couch just nice. He pulled Bean's bed closer, patting it to make Bean sit on it but instead, Bean used it as a landing to jump on as he climbed onto Taekwoon's chest.  It took the owner by surprise but he quickly settled. Bean was fast asleep. Taekwoon took some time to adore the little creature balled up on his chest, rising and falling calmly to Taekwoon's breathing. He was tired, but he couldn't stop smiling. 
 
"Did you only wanted to sleep?" he asked quietly.
 
Bean shot his head up to the sound of his owner's voice that was fairly audible despite him being just under the little one. Bean whimpered again but quickly calmed down as Taekwoon its head lovingly. Bean fell asleep again, quietly putting his head back down.
 
Taekwoon was at a lost. Is it really this hard to have a pet? It was like caring for a human being but only harder since they can't communicate well. Taekwoon stared at the ceiling of the living room and wondered. If they could communicate, would it be easier? Would it even be possible? Taekwoon shooked his head at the ridiculousness. He closed his eyes and tried to sleep.
 
Instead of sleeping, he wondered again. But not of the earlier thought, but of the sudden urge he had to find solutions as to how to care for Bean in the best condition possible. He may have little experience but he was more than willing to try his best since Bean had somehow already settled in a special spot in his heart. Bean may be a dog, so different than himself, but he wants to understand the little one, to care for him like he should be cared. Bean coming into his life was surprising but it gave Taekwoon a sense of responsibility that was ready to commit to.
 
As all the thoughts swirled in his mind, a light went across his face. He opened his eyes and found another pair, alert and looking straight into his. Taekwoon smiled.
 
"I thought you slept."
 
Bean yelped and his owner's nosetip. 
 
"I wish I could understand you. At least I'll know what to do," he sighed.
 
For the rest of the two weeks into the month, Bean had been the same. He whimpered every now and then but quickly calmed down when Taekwoon came to his attention. Even if it was just on and off, it had Taekwoon worried. He took Bean to the vet but they said he was fine. He went to the pet store to find Hyuk but he wasn't there. Taekwoon didn't want to call since it might burden the younger so he decided to just stop by and asked him of the issue like it was normal. He went to the pet store twice but not once was Hyuk there. 
 
On the first saturday of a new month, Taekwoon decided to sleep in. He had been troubled by so many things that it took most of his energy. Their parents had to extend the time of coming to join Taekwoon and his sisters because of some issues, his sisters were struggling with their jobs since the company that Taeyoung was working with suddenly went bankrupt and him not being able to figure out about Bean's condition.
Taekwoon didn't know it but he'd been sleep talking for the past nights. Though it was nothing serious, it was unusual, waking Bean up in the middle of the night worrying about his owner. A dog knows what the owner is going through, as people say its a man's best friend. 
 
Taekwoon twisted in his sleep and Bean scooted to face his owner. But Bean whimpered when he heard Taekwoon sob into his sleep. The little one tugged on his owner's shirt but he wouldn't wake up. Bean jumped off the bed, sprinted downstairs and out the doggy door Taekwoon had installed in the front door. He ran to the pet store upon the scent he remembered and scratched on the glass door.
 
"Oh, aren't you little Bean? Where your owner?" the staff that had helped Taekwoon the other day appeared through the door.
 
Seeing the troubled little creature, yelping and jumping on the pavement, the staff called for Hyuk who was running errands at the moment. Before the younger one could answer, he appeared from across the street, greeted by the staff in a hurried wave. Hyuk saw Bean and he started to worry, quickening his steps. 
 
"Why is Bean here? Is Taekwoon hyung inside?" 
 
"No. This fella came here a little while ago and started to act like this. I dont know what's wrong but I think something's wrong with Taekwoon. I called you to go see if anything did happen since I can't close the door so early in the morning. There are customers inside. Could you-"
 
"Yeah, yeah okay. Come on Bean!" Hyuk answered hurriedly, running down the street with Bean by his sde.
 
 
"Hyung? Hyung? Hyung get up! Taekwoon hyung!" 
 
Taekwoon stirred a little but eventually he woke up, slowly sitting up with his face streaked with dried tears. He rubbed his eyes and the first thing he saw was Bean. The little one was on his thigh, rolling up his paws uncomfortably. He looked up and saw Hyuk. His eyebrows furrowed in confusion. Why was Hyuk here?
 
"Hyung, are you okay? Are you sick anywhere?" Hyuk asked.
 
"I don't-" Taekwoon tried to answer but he seemed to have lost his voice. 
 
"You have a fever, hyung..." Hyuk stated as he felt the elder's forehead. 
 
"No I-"
 
"Just lay down. I'll go get some medicine and stuff. Just stay here, okay?"
 
"NO, I-"
 
Taekwoon wanted to say something but even as he tried to say it above his usual soft voice, only a breath of squeaked voice came out. Hyuk sensed that Taekwoon would throw a fit since he cant talk but wants to, just to stop Hyuk from helping so he gripped on the elder's arm and looked straight in his eyes, trying to be as firm as he could.
 
"Look, Bean is worried. SEE? He brought me here to help you so stay here."
 
Hyuk left the room and Taekwoon heard the younger move about in the kitchen, trying to make a meal, he thought. Taekwoon doesn't like being a bother so he tried to get up and shoo Hyuk out but he almost fell, dizzy. Bean noticed and whimpered. The little one paced in front on his owner, looking up at him. Taekwoon groaned and looked at Bean. He felt sorry for the little one as he must've been worried. A little thing like Bean was troubled and it hurt Taekwoon's chest. 
 
Bean paced around a little more but then quickly went out to find Hyuk. The blond male was cooking something on the stove while speaking to his phone but Bean tugged on his jeans anyway. Hyuk looked down and smiled sympathetically at Bean but quickly returning his attention into other things. Just as Bean toddled in the kitchen after Hyuk's every move, a strong knock was heard from the front door. 
 
"Here. Is he alright?" an unfamiliar deep voice came to Bean's attention.
 
"Thank you. I didn't know who else to call. Taekwoon hyung is upstairs, I'm almost done. Stay with me?" 
 
Bean observed the two communicating intimately. The stranger pecked a kiss on Hyuk's cheek and they both went to the kitchen to continue cooking. Taekwoon had got out of his room by then, slowly coming down the stairs. Bean yelped and Hyuk came out to the living room. He helped Taekwoon down the stairs though he was pushed away weakly a few times. He settled the elder down on the couch as Bean followed him. Taekwoon laid on the couch, drapping one arm on his face and hanging the other down the side of the couch, reaching the floor.
 
Bean nuzzled his nose into Taekwoon's free hand by the floor and Taekwoon sighed.
He looked at Bean and smiled weakly. Bean climbed onto Taekwoon's chest and tilted his head in confusion.
 
"Bean, I'm fine. Just a little sick..." Taekwoon whispered.
 
"Don't worry. It's just a fever...nothing bad," he continued, finding a little comfort in talking to the little pet on his chest.
 
After a while since Hyuk left with the stranger -Taekwoon made a mental note to ask of that later, Taekwoon ate the meal made for him and swallowed some medicine that the stranger had brought over. He had moved back in bed with Bean in his arms by then. He played with the little one for a while before he drifted into a sleep so comfortable that he smiled throughout his sleep.
 
 
 
After sleeping through a few hours,  Taekwoon drifted into consciousness, his head feeling a little lighter. He could get up but he wanted to sleep a little more. But not long after that, he heard one of his sisters coming home and it made him slowly trying to get up.
He didn't want himself to be a worry to his sisters so he wanted to shower and change, at least looking a little healthier but then he froze.
 
He had only rubbed his eyes with the back of his hand while trying to sit up when he heard someone sigh beside him, a few inches away. A few INCHES away, and it was a SOMEONE, the two words emphasized in his head. He carefully opened his eyes and he tried to scan what was before him. As a person of a few words, Taekwoon sat up quietly, quickly backing into the wall across the room without a single word. Though it did seem like his breath was held in, in case it made a sound of let out. 
 
Either way, that someone's figure stirred.
 
"Hyung...?" a voice came from under the blankets. 
 
Taekwoon flinched as his back was still stuck to the wall, his breath shaky.
An unfamiliar voice that came from an unfamiliar figure that came directly from my bed, he thought.
What the HELL is going on?
 
"Hyung...?" The voice sounded again, this time a little worried.
 
A slightly brunette-haired head popped up. Within a few seconds, Taekwoon quickly analyzed the the figure from behind. Nothing was familiar. Not the hair, not the shoulders, not the figure's body. But then he saw something something odd. That's when that person sat up, crossed his leg and turned his head around to where Taekwoon was.
 
A young man. A young man, shirtless, sitting cross-legged in his bed, Taekwoon stopped breathing.
WHO IS THIS PERSON?
But then a sudden shock came to him when he saw a navy collar around the young man's neck.
A dog collar. HIS dog collar.
Bean.
The young man smiled sleepily at Taekwoon.
 
"BEAN?" Taekwoon breathed.

 
 
 

A/n: I'm growing fond of this fic, damn it. I wanted to update the others but ideas only came to this one. 
        
He he he he HE HE HE //excessive squealing// BEANNNNNNNN!!!