Part 2: Junhyung [Encountered]

Paradox

I

“Jaehwa-yah!”

The girl mentioned turned and smiled widely.“Junhyung-oppa! I’m so glad you could come!” She pulled him into a tight hug. “Yoseob-ah! Junhyung’s here!”

Jaehwa’s brand new husband came over, also grinning. “Hyung! Good to see you.” They shook hands vigorously.

“Congratulations to both of you,” Junhyung said sincerely. “Honestly, I’ve never seen Jaehwa happier. I’m glad you guys found each other.”

“Can you believe we owe it all to one girl?” Yoseob laughed. “Soomin-ssi! Soomin-ssi!”

A pretty girl came over, smiling just as much as the newlyweds. “Annyeonghaseyo! Congratulations!”

“Enough with the formalities!” Jaehwa scolded both of them. “Soomin-ah, thank you so much! Without you, Yoseob and I never would have gotten together.”

“But we’ve only met once or twice, Jaehwa-ssi,” Soomin said in a puzzled tone. “How did I get you two together?”

“Remember that time when you invited us both for lunch, but didn’t turn up?”

“Oh.” The girl looked confused before she laughed. “It seems that I’m quite a good matchmaker – I don’t even have to turn up!”

Everyone laughed along with her, but Jaehwa sobered soon. “But it’s true. If you hadn’t been absent, I never would have gotten to know Yoseob, and I never would’ve met the love of my life.”

Yoseob looked at her with an adoring expression and pulled her closer. “I never would have met the most amazing, beautiful and wonderful woman, who is now my wife.”

Junhyung smiled wryly. “I’m sure you would have found each other eventually,” he disagreed. “Nothing can stop true love.”