Prologue

Kang Chi: Last Words
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]Prologue[/CONTENTID1]

 

[CONTENTID2]Kang Chi’s POV:[/CONTENTID2]

 

[CONTENTID3]

People often say they are on a race with time. For them, it’s that simple, two choices: you either beat it and win, or just lose.

 

Time sure is my dearest enemy. But what I wanted the most was for it to beat me just like it does with the rest of them, the human race. But no matter how much time passes, I always have the eternity extended to me, and that was losing.

 

I quickly got dressed; ignoring the continuous calls my miserable phone had been receiving and walked to the window, passing by the many objects that cost more than the world to me.

 

I looked at the crescent moon, the 5221st I witnessed in a loneliness that gives time a run for its money. Despite it all, I manage a half-hearted smile; a soft sigh finds its way out of my mouth after gazing at it for a while.

 

“Sir, your drink,” my butler –ex father if it’s correct to say- handed me a glass of wine. I smiled warmly at him. He, ignorant to how much his mere presence makes me feel better, continued in a monotonous voice used in a professional manner. “Your car is ready like you requested.”

 

I nodded making my way down, where the sight of my old dear friend –who has no knowledge of it- awaited me next to my car.

 

“Your car is ready sir.” He bowed, like the faithful worker he was. “You worked hard Ok Man “

 

He sighed in disappointment, correcting his name, which I promptly ignored with a shameless “I’ve lived so long, my memory’s fading”. Not because I’m a prick, but far from it. Calling him Ok Man makes it feel more like the old times, like home.

Later. I heard him well and clear as he muttered a “he’s obviously much younger than me, what a bluff!”

 

Quickly, I got inside my car, still surprised with how far the country developed, how much the city changed, grown into a metropolitan centre that attracts the attention of the world.

As I pass the statue of admiral Lee Soon Shin, I also remind myself that the city did change, and so did its people, changing with them the past that I knew of.

 

In a red stop, my eyes followed a figure that seemed oddly familiar. Too familiar I felt something tug at my heart, and no matter how much I wanted to run out after her, she disappeared and cars around me started honking for me to move.

 

Finally, I parked next to the hotel doors. By this time, it’d be a miracle for Yeon Suk to spare my life. He forced me to attend this new branch’s opening knowing how much I despise those gatherings. While he looked like he belonged. Just like the young master he was then, poised and well spoken.

 

Help!

 

Ignore it, ignore it.

 

Help me please! I groaned and ran to where the voice was coming.

 

“Ba Mong Chul,” ridiculous, was the word that almost slipped my mouth as I observed the scene. Barely holding a laugh, I approached with a smirk.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter