Chapter 1

To Love or Not to Love?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"WHAT?!” I screamed in agony.

“Look Minhye, you’ve got to spend some time with your father in Seoul” my mum suggested.  Great, what a fantastic morning to wake up to. What on earth is she talking about, spending time with my father? Let alone, in Seoul! A place I don’t have any memories of, all I know is that I was born there and that’s pretty much it. Spending time with my father… I don’t even dare to call him my father. He’s controlled my mum’s and my life ever since the day I was born. Normally, fathers are happy to have a newborn baby, right? My father was different. He was filled with disgust when I, Minhye, a girl, was born.

It was Saturday, 24th of November, when I witnessed the shocking scene. As a 6 year old little me, I decided to peek in on what my parents were talking about in our dim-lit dining room.  

“Just why…why did it have to be a girl?” my dad questioned.

“Honey, you’ve been asking me the same question for the past 6 years now, the answer isn’t going to change. She’s a girl because she was born that way. Who cares if she can’t take over your company? Don’t be too uptight, yeobo” 

“Even if she couldn’t take over the company, I didn’t want a daughter” “Its too much work and she’ll cause trouble when she grows older. She’s going to be a hassle and sooner or later, you’re going to regret having her. The same way I did. I’ll book a flight next week for you and Minhye, make sure she gets to Australia and she stays there. Only come back once she’s learned her etiquette, she’s not worthy enough to be called my daughter”

“Yeobo!” my sympathetic mum pleaded.

“Appa…” I cried in misery as I held on to my teddy bear, James.

“Minhye, how long were you standing there for?!” my parents asked in unison.

Probably because my dad wanted to pretend to be a ‘loving parent’. I ran off crying to my bedroom, cuddling all the toys I ever owned. That was the day that I realized that my dad didn’t see me as his daughter but he saw me as a ‘thing’ he didn’t need.

As I grew older and older, my hatred for him deepened. All those years that I’ve spent thinking about why I would cause him so much trouble, was enough to learn about 4 languages.

 

*******************************************************************************

 

“Passport please”

“Ye”. Wow there’s so many foreigners! Never knew Seoul was so popular.

“Oh my gosh, its Infinite!!” I hear a group of teenage girls screaming.

Pfft, what’s so infinite about an airport? I turn to the direction where the crazy group of teenage girls was running. Holy smokes, who are they? They seem rather popular. Of course they are, even the older ahjeossis w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter