we can stay here forever (we don't gotta leave at all)

this song

tonight is a good night, but every night is a good night with woohyun.

let's try again: tonight is an especially good night. it's especially good because you are cooking together (or rather you cooked and woohyun taste-tested every five minutes) and you love to cook. and you're good at it. (woohyun is more skilled at baking, it's really too bad that he only bakes when he's sad. it makes it hard to enjoy the cookies - or brownies but most often it's cookies, chocolate chip cookies to be exact - when you know that woohyun only made them because he was thinking too hard about something).

but there was no baking tonight. just you and woohyun in the kitchen enjoying each other's presence.

too soon you find yourself at the sink drying the dishes you ate on after woohyun finishes washing them. the radio is , some bubble-y pop song from woohyun's favorite boyband (you think their name is infinity or forever or something like that) flowing from the speakers. he is dancing beside you humming along to the lyrics. he's getting soapy water all over the counter but it doesn't matter because he's really cute and the song is pretty catchy.

the song fades away but woohyun is still swaying slightly. you are both surprised when the next song starts.

you smile and woohyun and he smiles back you as the first verse starts. it's your song, the song that was playing on the radio when you first met woohyun (it's a little bit embarrassing to remember that because he was a traffic cop and he pulled you over for speeding).

suddenly woohyun's still wet hands slide into yours and he guides you to the middle of the kitchen. you blink slightly confused, but as the second verse starts in and you feel woohyun's arms settle around your waist it becomes clear what is happening. you settle your head against woohyun's shoulder and the two of you dance (or rather start swaying in slow circles because let's admit it you both have two left feet when it comes to real dancing) in the middle of your kitchen as the melody of the song echoes around you.

woohyun is humming along again, but soon he begins crooning the lyrics into your ear and the moment is so perfect you think you might actually cry.

the song ends but neither of you has stopped swaying because you're both reluctant to let the moment go. it is woohyun who tries to move away first but you tighten your grip on him refusing to let him leave just yet.

"can we just stay here forever?" it's a ridiculous thing to ask and you both know it.

"of course we can, sunggyu" he murmurs the just as ridiculous promise and for a moment you almost believe him.

woohyun drops a kiss into your hair.

you look up at him and smile slightly. "you missed."

"missed what?" woohyun asks looking genuinely confused.

"you missed," you say again as you move closer. "my lips are right here." and then you kiss him.