Engaged in the Blink of an Eye

A Boyfriend, A Husband, And A Dance Studio

Author's Note: Hello Lovelies!! This is my second Ontae one-shot! This is for Moonie!! Saranghae<3 Enjoy!

 

Today was just like any other day, I went to school with my best friend Key. We have been friends since I was five and Key was seven and when we graduated, we both decided to attend the same collage and room together. Even though I was younger, I had skipped a couple of grades and was able to attend the same classes as Key.    

When I arrived to dance class, there was so much whispering. Everybody was excited. I went over to Key, who was putting on his shoes, to find out what was going on.

“Key, what’s going on? Did the teacher quit?” Just this year alone, we had three dance teachers. They never seemed to want to stay.

“Ah, well we have three new students.” Really? That’s it? The new students must be really pretty girls or really hot guys to have everybody excited.

“That’s it? I thought it was something serious. So, boys or girl?”

“Boys.” Yup, hot ones with the way everybody was acting.

“Hopefully they aren’t jerks.” Key shrugged.

“They probably are.” Key wasn’t the one to judge so that was strange.

“Wae? Do you know who they are?”

“Everybody knows them.” Huh?           

“It’s SHINee. The K-pop group.” SHINee? What?!

“Are you serious? SHINee? The boy group?”

“Deh. And guess who will be their guide for dance class?” No, please no.

“We are. The teacher already came and told me. We are supposed to meet them soon. They are in the office now.”

“Wae? Why us?”

“Come on Tae, you know we are the best dancers here. Of course the school wants to show off. Not to mention we are two of the most popular students here.”

“I guess.”

“Just don’t faint. I know you have a thing for the one member.”

“Yah! Well you’re going to get a nosebleed from Jonghyun. I remember when he did that song where he was in handcuffs and took off his shirt. You were in the bathroom for over an hour.”

“Yah! Respect your hyung.”

“Then act like one.” I stuck my tongue out, making Key smile. All of a sudden the room went dead quiet. I turned to see the teacher walk in with three boys. Key grabbed my arm, making me stand up with him as we made our way to the front to introduce ourselves.

“Ah, these are the new students. Please show them around the dance department. Also, you two will be helping them find all their classes. Jonghyun is in all your classes Key and Minho and Onew are in all your classes Taemin. Please introduce yourselves.” I turned to Key who nodded.

“Annyeong my name is Kim Kibum but please call me Key.” He bowed and smiled as if they were just any other person on the street.

“Annyeong my name is Lee Taemin.” I bowed, catching one of the members smiling at me. I couldn’t help the blush forming on my cheeks.

“Annyeong my name is Kim Jonghyun.”

“Annyeong my name is Choi Minho.”

“Annyeong my name is Lee Jinki but you can call me Onew.” Once they all introduced themselves, they all bowed at the same time.

“We are about to start class. Do you want to join today or just observe?” They all looked at each other, never speaking a word before Onew-hyung spoke.

“We would like to observe today if that is fine. Maybe join if we can follow the dance.”

“Arasso. Follow me. You should introduce yourselves to the class before we begin.” I led them to the middle of the room, asking everybody to greet the new students. SHINee introduced themselves, making quite a few people squeal.

“Okay, everybody settle down. Don’t forget we have to have smooth transitions from each song. Line up.”

“How old are you?” I turned to Minho-hyung who was looking at me with a confused expression.

“I’m 20, wae?” This seemed to surprise him.

“They told us in the office that Lee Taemin was the head of the dance department. We didn’t think you would be so young.” Of course. Everybody thinks I’m too young.

“I’m a junior. Now, we are doing a small showcase featuring some dances from pop groups. The song plays and then another starts. I’m sure you know some of the dances, from what I’ve seen on variety shows. Please feel free to join anytime.” They nodded their head before lining on the wall. I moved to the front and motioned for Key to begin the music. He took out the remote from his pocket and started. The first song is Super Junior’s Sorry Sorry. I began dancing with everybody, but pulled away to observe everybody. It’s seemed great. I looked over to SHINee and saw them nodding their heads with the song. The next song was Gee. I watched as everybody transitioned to it and was very pleased. Some of the other transitions weren’t as difficult, but this one seemed to stump everybody. I joined in just as everybody started dancing to Growl by EXO. The next song was Wolf, also by EXO. I asked Key to step out with me to observe. We took names down for those who were having difficulty. The next song was Ringa Linga by Taeyang. Not everybody danced to this one. Half of the group was kneeled for it. I was the main feature for this one, flipping into the dance. I positioned myself at the back as the song started before running and flipping to the front over two of the students, landing in my spot and began dancing. As I turned with the song, I could see Key smiling. He was always proud of me. We finished all together. Everybody began clapping as we always did at the end. I moved back to the front.

“If you name is called, I need you to go into the next room with Kai.” Once we had finished, I saw Kai go over to SHINee to introduce himself. I motioned for Key to start calling out the names and went over to Kai.

“Hey Kai, I need you to work with a few people on Wolf.”

“You are really amazing.”  I turned to Onew-hyung. He was smiling along with the other members.

“Thank you Jinki-hyung.” Urgh, why did I call him Jinki? He’s just so pretty. And with that blond hair.

“Kai, please go help them. I still need to work on the solos.” Kai smiled, grabbing my waist and hugging me.

“10 seconds?” I knew what he was doing. Key would get mad when Kai would touch me and Kyungsoo, another dancer would get jealous. We couldn’t be together for too long without one or the other interrupting us.

“I’ll give it 20.” We both started counting. When we were at 7 seconds, he seemed to not like that he wasn’t going to win. I felt his lips brush my temple. That did it. I was about to say 11 when Key spoke up.

“Yah! Kai, get your hands off my baby.” Key came up to me and grabbed me away from Kai, setting his own hands on my hips and back hugging me.

“When he tells me no, then I’ll stop.” Kai starting laughing along with Minho-hyung. I turned to the other members. Jonghyun-hyung looked like he was checking out Key, while Jinki-hyung was staring at Key’s arms around me.

“Kai, please go help out the others on Wolf. The showcase is in two weeks and we still need to add two more songs.”

“Anything for you Tae-baby.” He was certainly laying it on thick today. I turned to see Kyungsoo with a red face and his arms crossed over his chest. It shouldn’t be too long before he snaps and confesses to Kai. Key let go of me and went to smack Kai on the head.

“Is that your boyfriend?” I turned to Jonghyun.

“Who?”

“Key.”

“Well, I feel like it sometimes.”

“So is Kai your boyfriend?” This time Jinki-hyung spoke.

“I feel like that with him too.”

“Tae-baby, you are not allowed to date. I forbid it.” I turned to Key. He was such an umma sometimes.

“Go tell Kai that.”

“I already spoke to him. He’s grounded and will not be allowed at the house for a month.”

“Like that will keep him from sneaking into my room at night.”

“I’ll board up the window.”

“Are you a player or something?” We both turned to Minho-hyung.

“What did you just say to my son?”

“Ani, its okay Key-umma.” All three of them raised their eyebrows when I called Key umma.

“Key is my best friend, aside from Kai. Key and I live together. He’s more of an umma to me than my real umma. Kai is trying to make Kyungsoo so jealous that he confesses his feelings. That’s why Kai acts that way. And Key doesn’t approve. Besides, I don’t get many confessions or dates.”

“Bwo?! Wae?! You’re hot!” I blushed at Jinki-hyung, not expecting him of the three to say that.

“Gomawo Jinki-hyung.”

“Yah, stop hitting on my son. I don’t want him dating an idol.”

“Fine, we won’t date then. We can just get married first.” I smiled at Key, trying so hard not to blush, or attack Jinki-hyung.

“He’s smooth. I approve.” Key was nodding his head as I was dying inside. 

“Gomawo Key-umma!” I turned to Jinki-hyung with wide eyes. No one aside from me is allowed to call Key umma. I really thought Key was going to explode.

“He’s so respectful. You picked a good one Tae-baby.” What the hell! Key has never acted this way. Is it because of Jonghyun-hyung?

“Enough. Minho-hyung, Jinki-hyung, we need to get to class. If we have all the same classes together, then we need go.” They nodded their heads and put their backpacks on.

“I’m going to go change and meet you outside the door. Key, let’s go.” I grabbed Key, heading towards the locker room.”

“What about me?” We both turned to Jonghyun-hyung.

“Ah, I’ll meet you outside the door too.” They all nodded and went to the door. Once we were inside the locker room, I smacked Key on the arm.

“Yah! What was that for?”

“Why did you say that?”

“Oh whatever. You know you have a thing for Jinki-hyung.”

“That’s not the point.”

“Don’t be surprised if he asks you out.”

“Omo, I’ll faint if he does that!” Key started laughing. I had just put on my black skinny jeans when I felt a slap to my .

“Yah! Why did you do that?”

“Are you trying to impress someone with those skin tight jeans?”

“You know these are my favorite. Stop it.” I continued to get dressed, adding my favorite oversized red sweater that hung off my shoulder.

“No, you can’t wear that. You’re going to give Jinki-hyung a heart attack.”

“Oh, shut up. You know I wear this all the time.” I finished by adding my jewelry and headed to the door with Key.

~~^~~

 

We were walking toward SHINee when Jinki-hyung looked up at us. His mouth dropped before the other members turned to us. Jonghyun-hyung let out a whistle.

“Wow, you two look great.”

“Gomawo. Now, we all have the next class together, which is voice lessons, but then we split up. Do you have plans for lunch?”

“Ani, we just thought we would eat here. Our manager’s told us not to leave the campus.”

“Okay, Key, did you bring enough?”

“I did. We usually don’t eat in the cafeteria.”

“Wae?” I turned to Key, he simply shrugged and nodded his head.
“We’ll take you today. You will probably like it and want to eat there. We’ll show you why we don’t. If you like it, cool. If you don’t, you’re welcome to join us elsewhere.” They nodded but looked confused.

~~^~~

 

I was already at the cafeteria doors with Jinki-hyung and Minho-hyung when Key and Jonghyun-hyung arrived.

“Are you ready?” Key nodded before turning to SHINee.

“Okay, you watch through the windows and when we sit down, come to our table.” All three looked confused before nodding.

“Let’s go.” I nodded and opened the doors. As we started walking in, everyone became quiet. We walked up to the line at the cafeteria to buy drinks. As soon as we got there, about ten different girls showed up with drinks in their hands, holding them out for us to take them. I grabbed an orange juice from one of the girls, causing everybody to gasp and the girl to faint. Key took a water and coke from two different girls, causing them to hug each other and cry. As we started walking towards a table we could hear many clicks from phones and cameras going off. Once we got to the table, two boys came up and pulled out chairs for us. As we sat down, I looked over to the door. All three boys were looking through the window with wide eyes. I nodded to them, telling them to come in. They opened the door and made their way to the line. Once they got in line, it started parting, students pushing them up to the front. There was more noise now, with everybody gossiping. They all got fruit and juice. As they made their way to our table, Key was pulling out our food. He set me a plate, as well as one for each of the boys. Jinki-hyung had been walking faster than the other and was the first one to get to our table. He pulled out the chair beside me and sat down. We smiled at each other, causing many clicks to sound off as our picture was taken. It wasn’t until Minho-hyung and Jonghyun-hyung had sat down, that the volume increased in the cafeteria. Everybody started talking again, as if nothing had happened.

“Are you two the most popular guys on campus or something?”

“Deh.” Key said, handing over some food to Jinki-hyung.

“Wae?”

“Well, my parents own the school and Taemin here is the son of Lee Soo Man. We usually don’t eat here so I think we really surprised everybody.” A girl came up to the table and handed Key a yellow rose.

“Gomawo.” The girl squealed before heading over to her table. A couple of minutes later, two girls came up to me, handing me a box of chocolates and some flowers.

“I though you said you didn’t get any confessions.” I smile at Minho-hyung.

“I didn’t hear those two girls speak. Did you?”

“Wait, your dad is our boss and we have never even heard of you.”

“He doesn’t talk about me. Since I refuse to become an artist or a choreographer for SM.”

“Ah okay. So I take it that you two don’t date?”

“Nope. It’s not like we like anybody anyways.”

“I thought we were getting married?” Jinki-hyung looked at me with a pout and sad eyes. I felt my heart skip a beat.

“Not in public. You want to start rumors.”

“Jinki, start rumors.” Key and I looked over to Minho-hyung. He was smiling at Jinki-hyung. Jonghyun-hyung was also grinning. They looked like they were plotting something. Jinki-hyung got up from his seat to kneel on one knee in front of me. Dammit. The cafeteria suddenly went quiet except for a few gasps.

“Lee Taemin, would you go out with me this Friday?” Omo. Once again, the clicking sound of phones and cameras could be heard.

“No.” Jinki-hyung started to pout. I could hear some people laughing. Obviously pleased that I not only rejected them but also idols.

“Here I thought you were going to propose properly.” Jinki-hyung smiled brightly before taking off a ring he had on his finger, placing it on my finger.

“Lee Taemin, will you marry me?” The cafeteria went crazy. All around you could hear people whispering, some even yelling for me to say no.

“Yes.” Jinki-hyung stood up, grabbing my waist and throwing me into the air.

“He said yes!” Minho-hyung and Jonghyun-hyung both stood up and congratulated Jinki-hyung while Key stood up to hug me. After I let go of Key, Jinki came up to me and hugged me, setting his hands around my waist.

“Picture of the lovely couple!” Jinki-hyung and I both turned to look at Key. He took some photos and sent them to mine and Jinki-hyung’s phones. We all sat down and continued to eat. Everybody had been talking non-stop, getting more pictures, and some even came to congratulate me. Once we finished eating, we left the cafeteria. There was still about thirty minutes till our next class so we decided to give them a tour of the campus.

“So, when is the showcase?” Key and I stopped walking to look at Minho-hyung.

“It’s in a week. We are performing for a lot of high school students. Hopefully they will choose our school to attend.”

“That’s great.”

“Are we going to be in the showcase as well?”

“I don’t see why you couldn’t. You don’t have to if you don’t want to.”

“I would like to, but I’m not sure any of my dancing is good enough.”

“You’re a great dancer Jinki-hyung!”

“All our dances are choreographed and take time to learn.”

“That may be true but there are a lot of people who can’t follow choreography.” I nodded with Key. I knew some people who could free-style great, but took time to learn a dance already made.

“You could always just dance the dances you are comfortable with, if you noticed, there are some students who are knelt down for some of the songs.”

“That could work.” We continued walking and soon separated. I had Japanese class with Minho-hyung and Jinki-hyung, while Key had English lessons with Jonghyun-hyung.

~~^~~

 

Three classes later we all met up again for the afternoon dance lessons with our actual teacher. I really felt I should be paid for this job when I taught most of the class. It was getting ridiculous at how many teachers we had coming and going. We were all stretching, when Kai came running into the class, loudly.

“Someone turn on the TV.” Key took out the remote from his pocket and turned it on. I could see my father on the screen, making an announcement.

 

~~On the TV

 

“Are the rumors true?”

“Will Lee Jinki be here to make a statement?”

“How will this affect SHINee?”

“Why was the relationship kept a secret?”

“Is this why you chose SHINee to attend that school?”

“Had the date been set yet?”

“If you let me talk, I can answer all your questions. As of one pm today, on the fourteenth of October, Lee Jinki of SHINee and Lee Taemin, my youngest son, have become engaged. I have yet spoken to my son about everything. The engagement has come as a surprise. I had not expected for Lee Jinki to ask him so soon or in that setting. We here at SM are very happy. SHINee will not be affected by this, they will continue to be SHINee. The date has not yet been set, as I’ve already said, I haven’t spoken to my son about this yet. SHINee chose the school to go to, we did not choose for them. I’m sure Lee Jinki will want to make a statement himself, but I ask that you not bother them while they are studying. Education is very important to SHINee and they wish to learn as any other student. Thank you for your time.”

~~^~~

 

I couldn’t move, couldn’t talk, couldn’t blink. I just stood there. How? What? When? I felt someone pulling me and then setting me down on a seat.

“Taemin?” Key started shaking my shoulders. I looked around and saw that I was in one of the practice rooms for small groups. Minho-hyung was sitting on the floor while Jonghyun-hyung was pacing. Jinki-hyung was staring at his phone.

“Jinki-hyung, do something.” I turned to look at Jinki-hyung, who looked horrified. I stood up, finally processing everything.

“What do we do? It was just teasing? How did this happen?”

“The pictures from the cafeteria have gone viral.” I looked at Jonghyun-hyung who showed me his phone.

“But why would my dad make that statement? Jinki-hyung and I have just met!”

“I don’t know baby. Maybe we should go to your dad.”

“I’m not showing up at his office! That will cause more trouble.”

“Why would he think any of this was true?” I looked around at everybody, trying to figure out how the hell this even happened.

“One of the manager’s texted me, asking me if I was getting married. I sent a yes with a rolling smiley face. I bet you he said something to your dad. I’m so sorry Taemin. I would have never imagined your dad to do this.”

“It’s okay Jinki-hyung. I just don’t understand how this got out of hand so fast. I haven’t spoken to my dad in months. The last time we spoke we got into a huge argument.”

“Tae-baby, is it possible he’s doing this for the companies benefit?” I looked over to Key, getting angry.

“I swear to God if he did this so I could work for him or take-over I will kill him!” Jinki-hyung came over to me and hugged me.

“It’s okay. We can go tell your dad the truth and hopefully release a statement that will please everybody.”

“This will ruin us Hyung.” We all looked over at Minho-hyung who was on the floor.

“What will our fans think?” This was horrible. The fans would go crazy if they felt this was a stunt for more publicity.

“Let’s just finish class, you three can come over to our house after class and we can talk about our options. Then we can go to SM and talk to Taemin’s dad.”

“Jonghyun-hyung?”

“Yes Taemin?”

“When we go to SM, keep Key from hurting my dad.” They all started laughing.

“Arasso.” We all went back to the main room. Everybody was quiet, staring at me and Jinki-hyung.

“In position!” Everybody quickly filed in line, setting up for first dance.

“I can see why your dad wants you to work for the company. It’s hard to control five people and you control almost thirty without even trying.” I smiled at Jonghyun-hyung before I signaled for Key to start the music.

~~^~~

 

Once class finished, we all decided to take SHINee’s car to our house instead of walking like we normally do. It was only five blocks away, but there were fans and reporters all lines up at the gates of the school. We were happy that we only had one car and a two car garage when we arrived at the house, because the fans followed us. Once we were inside the garage, we got out and headed into the kitchen. Key started making some tea and I took out some snacks and set them in front of the boys who were now sitting at our table.

“I didn’t think you actually owned a house.”

“We told you.”

“Yeah, but how many 22 year olds own their own home?”

“True. Taemin and I share it though.”

“It’s great. Very cozy.”

“Thank you Minho-hyung.” Key set the tea on the table and sat down between me and Jonghyun-hyung.

“Where do we start?”

“Well, if we tell the fans it’s not true that will look bad.”

“What if we break up later on, just keep it up for show?”

“That could still go wrong.”

“How about you two have a long engagement. Jinki-hyung has already told us that he likes you Taemin and you seem to like him as well. You could date and see where it goes.”

“I could do that, but what about my dad. He shouldn’t get away with this so easily. I can see what he’s doing now. I don’t want my dancing to become a job to me. It’s something I love and my dad sees it as a way to grow his company. I never really wanted to become a performer. He’s known that. When he asked for me to work for the company, I laughed. He would try so many things to get me to say yes. Even threatening to cut me off financially. Which is one of the reasons to keep Key away from him. Last time he tried to pull something, Key ended up slapping him and kicking him out of the house.”

“Nice!” Jonghyun-hyung and Minho-hyung high fived.

“We admire your dad and all, but he doesn’t like it when he can’t have his way.” Jinki-hyung said with soft smile and grabbing my hand.

“I’ll do whatever you want Taemin. Though, I think you should give us a chance. I would really love to get to know you.”

“Okay, so what do we tell my father?”

“I know what to do. Are you up for making a statement of your own?” We all looked at Key.

“What are you thinking?”

“Well, before your dad makes a statement about your involvement in the company, maybe you should make one first.”

“Okay, but Jinki-hyung are you okay with this? We only met today and now we are making a commitment to each other.”

“I know this is fast, but is it weird that I already feel so close to you?”

“Ani, I feel the same.”

“Okay, so we see where we go. Like Jonghyun-hyung said, we can have a long engagement. We can see if this will work out for us and if it doesn’t, then we can figure out what to say at that time.”

“So what do we do about how we met?”

“Well, we could say that we had been secretly dating, mainly texting, phone calls, and emails. That we met at SM, but only briefly.”

“Sounds good.”

“Okay, so I’ll tell one of our manager’s that Taemin and Jinki want to make a statement. We could do it wherever you want, but it has to be that your dad doesn’t know about it, so that way he won’t show up and ruin it.”

“Agreed.” We started writing out what we should say and Key started getting answers ready for any questions the reporters would ask.

~~^~~

 

We had everything set up. Jonghyun-hyung was able to spread a rumor about how Jinki-hyung was going to make a statement of his own, getting more people at the SM building. Key and I were going to get into the building using the roof and go talk to my dad. I wanted to know his agenda before we spoke to the press. Key’s mom was more than happy to let us use the helicopter, even offering to fly us herself.

When we arrived, we quickly went to my dad’s office, not bothering to knock. My dad was standing by the window, looking down at the press gathered at the entrance.

“Dad.”

“Taemin, what a surprise.” He came over to me and tried to hug me but I pushed him off.

“Don’t be like that Taemin.”

“Shall we discuss what you have done?”

“I haven’t done anything.”

“I see you doing this to me, but how could you do this to Jinki-hyung?”

“SHINee is too perfect, I needed them to have a scandal sometimes.”

“So what do you want out of this? You lose either way I see it.”

“Would you really let that happen? To your own father?”

“I don’t care what happens to you.”

“Would you really let SHINee deteriorate over a silly job here with your father?”

“Would you?”

“SHINee can bounce back, like I said, they are perfect.”

“Well then that’s settled, I’ll make sure to let the press know that.” Key and I stood up and started walking towards the door. The secretary was a good friend, so she had no problem lying to my father, telling him that I was going back to the helicopter when I was really heading downstairs to join Jinki-hyung for our statement. When we got off the elevator, Jinki-hyung and the rest of SHINee were there, ready for us. Jinki-hyung took my hand and lead me outside. The press were going wild but stayed quiet as we sat down together on the steps.

“We have something we would like to say, if you will only be patient with us.” Everyone quieted down when Jinki-hyung spoke. His voice was soft and firm. Everybody had to quiet down or they would miss what he was going to say.

“About seven months ago, Taemin came to visit his father. I was coming into his office while Taemin was leaving. I was completely fascinated and quickly started a conversation. You all now my clumsiness sometimes affects my dancing and when Taemin told me he was studying dance, I asked for his help in the chance that I might get to know him better. Over the next few months we began dating. We were unsure of how to tell Taemin’s father. He’s very protective of his son, making sure to not involve him with business and letting him lead his own path. Our education is very important to us, thus being the reason for our long engagement. I’ll admit that I acted rashly when I suddenly asked Taemin to marry me. We have spoken about it before and I would have waited till after we have both finished our education, but jealousy got the better of me. I was beyond happy when Taemin accepted, but I had yet spoken to his family about everything. Taemin has spoken to his father and agreed on the long engagement till after Taemin finishes school. I will continue to be in SHINee. Taemin’s father has agreed that even though Taemin wants to work for SM, he should be able to open up the dream dance studio he has always wanted. Kim Kibum, Taemin’s best friend and long-time dance partner, along with us in SHINee, will be opening up our own dance studio, called JinJonKeyMinTae. We will work with not only SM artists but also those who wish to learn dance. Taemin will be finishing his degree next year, two years ahead of his age. We thank you for your time and patience and ask for your support. Any questions?” I was so happy, loving the look on my father’s face when he arrived just in time to hear Jinki-hyung’s statement. I could tell he was mad but kept up his appearance as the camera not only focused on us, but him as well.


“Taemin, we heard from a student at your school that you never showed signs that you were dating and were constantly seen all over another student during the time Jinki has stated you were dating. Is this true?” Kyungsoo, I really wanted to hit him right now.

“That student is one of my best friends. He’s like a brother to me. The student who told you this better realize his feelings before I hook up my friend with Minho-hyung.” Minho-hyung started laughing behind me.

“Kai, would you like to go on a date with me?” Minho winked, causing many of the fans to squeal.

“When will you be opening up the dance studio?”

“As soon as possible. We have already found the space we needed and are now talking about the design. We should be open for students during the spring semester.”

“Who will be teaching?”

“We all will. Students ages 8 and above are welcomed.”

“That is all we have to say today. We thank you once again.” Jinki-hyung stood up, grabbing my hand. We walked towards my father, Jinki-hyung stuck out his hand to shake with him. They smiled and shook hands. As I hugged my father, he whispered “Touché” into my ear before letting go. I smiled at him and started walking with Jinki-hyung to the car that was waiting for us. Once we were inside and on our way back home, Key started laughing.

“Did you see the look on your dads face?!”

“That was really awesome! I’ve never seen him speechless before.” I nodded, agreeing with Minho-hyung.

“Are you okay with all of this?” I looked at Jinki-hyung, smiling brightly.

“Of course Jinki-hyung, I get a boyfriend, husband, and dance studio out of all of this. I hope my father has learned his lesson.”

“Great, now we have something we need to do first, well two things.”

“What’s that?” I turned to look at Jinki-hyung just as he put his lips to mine. I thought my heart was going to beat right out of my chest. I put my hands in his hair as I deepened the kiss, earning some whistles from Minho-hyung and Jonghyun-hyung. When I couldn’t breathe anymore I pulled away, fixing my hair, smiling. I loved the disheveled look Jinki-hyung now had.

“That’s one thing, what’s the other Jinki-hyung?”

“A proper date.”