이십이 April

Error 374 ✘
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

April 22nd, 2030

Dear diary

I feel like disappearing from this world. I simply can’t take this anymore. It feels like I have a hole in my heart that’s filled with a whole bunch of emptiness. You know that feeling right? This unbearable pain inside you that just makes your whole body ache to the point where you can barely move...

 

And no matter what I do, whether I’m at home, asleep, out or simply doing nothing it is always there.  My whole body is crying, asking it for me to stop but as much as I wish I could, I can’t. Like this kind of disease that I can’t cure even though I try so hard.

 

However, there was a glimpse of light today. My best friend Hyuk dropped by today to try and take my mind of things. I was actually really happy to see him, until he showed me this letter that he was told to distribute by our government;

 

Dear Mr Lee

Since we have already experienced 9 cases concerning the making of cyborgs in private area, we have no further options than to increase the number of inspections.

We will have no other choice than to modify the amount of visits by our government functionaries and government cyborgs from 3 times a week to one visit per day.

It is with regret that we have made this decision but we are obliged to keep everybody’s safety in mind.

Nonetheless, we would like to inform you once again that making cyborgs without the consent of our government, is strictly forbidden and illegal. Should one ever get found out of being involved in particular affairs, further legal actions will be taken. We sincerely hope that these issues won’t occur anymore in the near future.

Yours sincerely

안전행정부

Ministry of Security and Public Administration

 

Now to say that this little piece of ty paper ruined my day was quite an understatement. Nothing in this life can go right for once, can it? You must know though, cyborgs are strictly made to protect us. Our government has made a few dozens of them to protect us from danger, violence, riots and of course, to do these kinds of ‘check-ups’... Minions of this government do regular check-ups too of everyone’s houses. Because they believe that people are trying to create their own cyborgs for their own specific reasons. Aren’t I lucky that they haven’t busted me yet… Damn if they would only barge in here at this very moment and find this diary or find the secret entrance to my basement, man I’d be so dead.

 

I am very lucky though that Hyuk doesn’t give me away. He’s been my best friend for years and possibly knows me better than I know

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter