Chapter One

Reality vs. Fantasy {Hiatus}

Daehyun swung his sword at the beast, hitting its side. The beast roared but Daehyun wasn’t fazed. He rushed forward and stabbed it in the heart, the beast falling on its side, dead.

Cheers erupted behind him and he turned around. The family he was protecting was clapping and smiling at him.

“How could we ever repay you?” The father asked.

Daehyun waved his hand. “There’s no need. Just knowing that you are safe is enough for me.”

“Thank you,” the mother said as the children moved forward to hug him.

The knight smiled at them and crouched down so he could hug them properly.

A loud roar was heard behind him and Daehyun stood up and turned around to see a knight running toward him. The children ran back to their parents and Daehyun ran to meet the knight.

“What is it, Sir Yongguk?” Daehyun asked.

“Sir Daehyun, another beast was found attacking the lower town. A fire has started and we need more help.”

“Of course. Lead me there,” he demanded.

Sir Yongguk led Daehyun to the lower town. Many houses were on fire and he could see that the other knights were fighting the beast. He made to move to them but a scream from one of the burning houses caused him to run there.

He saw a woman crying in front of her house. In between sobs, the woman told Daehyun that her children were still in the house.

Daehyun didn’t hesitate in running into the house, flames all around him.

Daehyun woke up with a start. He looked around his room, expecting it to be on fire before sighing in relief when he saw that it wasn’t.

He looked at the clock on his bedside table and groaned when he saw that it was twenty minutes before his alarm was supposed to go off. He turned off his alarm and got out of bed, deciding to take a shower. Once he was done, he got dressed and headed to the kitchen to make himself breakfast.

He made cereal and sat down at the table, dragging his notes that were on it closer to him. He organized them, knowing that his friend, Youngjae, would want his help before their chemistry test that day.

Youngjae was Daehyun’s only friend in school. They’ve been friends since they were younger. While they were growing up, Youngjae became more outgoing and made more friends, but Daehyun became shyer and had only Youngjae as his friend.

He didn’t mind though that Youngjae was his only friend. He didn’t want to have to deal with more people than he had to.

He glanced at his phone and noticed that he only had ten minutes until his bus came. He finished his cereal and finished getting ready, leaving his house just as the bus was pulling up in front of it.

His day passed by uneventfully until his free period with Youngjae came.

As soon as Youngjae sat next to him in the library, he asked, “Have you ever had a dream that seemed so realistic that you wonder if it was real and not a dream?”

Youngjae looked startled at the question before slowly nodding his head.

“Yeah, sometimes. Why?”

“I had this weird dream last night where I was a knight fighting beasts and protecting everyone. It just felt so real, and when I woke up I thought it was something that really happened.”

Youngjae stared at Daehyun intently and Daehyun blushed.

“Yes, I know it could never happen,” Daehyun said, guessing what his friend wanted to say. “But it just… I don’t know. Whatever, ignore me. Let’s start studying for chemistry.”

Youngjae stared at him for a moment longer before pulling his notes out.

The rest of the day passed by quickly for Daehyun and soon he was home.

His parents were home and he greeted them while he walked up the stairs to his room.

He started doing his homework, hoping to finish it before dinner, but was unable to as he fell asleep on top of his textbook.

Flames were all around Daehyun as he ran into the house. He ignored Sir Yongguk shouting at him and instead concentrated on finding the children.

He heard faint crying to his right and he made his way toward it. He moved carefully and was soon at the source of the crying. He could vaguely see a girl crying while a boy covered her protectively from the fire.

“Hey!” Daehyun shouted. “Are you guys alright?”

In response, the girl started crying even louder while the boy just lifted his head up.

A loud knock disrupted Daehyun’s dream. He picked his head up from his textbook as his mom entered his room to tell him that dinner was ready. His stomach growled in response and his mom laughed at the blush now covering his face.

Once dinner was over, Daehyun quickly finished his homework and went to bed.

His last thought before he fell asleep was of the boy and girl in the fire.


Woo~ First chapter!

You can probably guess who the boy in the fire is already but if not, you'll find out soon~

Also, thank you to everyone who have already subscribed and commented! <3

I hope you enjoyed!