Save Me!

Hawks And Chicks

“Mommy, mommy! Help me!” Baby chick rushes over to his mom, nearly tripping over the pebbles in his way. “He’s gonna eat me! Help me! Save me! I’m in trouble! I don’t wanna diiiieeeee~~!!!”

“My poor baby! Come hide behind me! I’ll save you!” Mommy chick puffs up his feathers to make himself look bigger and scarier. “Stay away from my Baby Gukkie, you evil ugly hawk!”

“Who are you calling ugly? I’m a fabulous hawk! The best one in the area! I’ll eat your baby and take what’s left to feed by precious darlings!”

“No! No! Don’t eat me! I don’t wanna die!! Mama!! Save me! Save me!”

“Don’t eat my baby! All you ugly hawks are evil! You always go and eats us chicks’ babies! What makes your babies so special! What’s makes them more important than mine?” Mommy Jae shouts, his feathers ruffling up. ”My baby is special and important too!”

“You tell him mommy! Tell the ugly hawk!”

“I’M NOT UGLY, YOU STUPID YELLOW FLUFF! I’LL EAT YOU!” Mommy hawk puffs up all his feathers and spreads out his wing span. “I’ll eat you to nourish my perfection!”

“But I’m nothing but skin and bones!”

“Yah! Gukkie baby!”

“Yes, mommy?”

“You’re not skin and bones. You have a pretty, chubby tummy too!”

“Mama!!!”

“Mwahahaha!! I will eat you and your chubby tummy!”

“Leave me baby alone!!” Mommy chick flaps his wings angrily at the ugly hawk. ”You can’t eat him! He’s just a baby.”

“Hm…You have a point. He’s IS too skinny” Mommy Chan frowns at the skinny looking chick. ”He’s not gonna be enough for my darlings. Fatty Dae is just gonna swallow him whole.”

“F-f-fatty Dae?” Baby Gukkie ducks behind Mommy Jae’s back. ”I don’t want to be swallowed!”

“No one is gonna swallow you!”

“Hm…” Mommy Chan leans closer. ”Your baby looks skinny, but you’re kind of chubby. You should be enough for my darlings.”

“What me?”

“It’s either you or the baby!”

“Mommy! Protect me!”

“Don’t worry! I’ll protect you!” Mommy Jae’s feathers return to normal. ”Um… If you’re hungry…”

“TAKE MY MOMMY!” Baby Gukkie pushes his Mommy Jae forward to Mommy hawk.

“W-WHAT? MY BABY!!” Mommy Jae flaps his wings in distress and surprise at the betrayal.

“I’M SORRY, MOMMY! I’M SCARED!” Baby Gukkie cries at his mistake. ”I DON’T WANNA BE EATEN!”

“I’ll spare you little chick. I’ll take your mommy for my darling’s dinner.” Mommy Chan takes Mommy Jae and flies off.

“Baby! My baby!!”

“Mama! Mama!!” Baby Gukkie runs after his Mommy Jae as the other flies higher and higher into the sky. ”I’m sorry, mama! Come back! Give me back my mama!”

“Your mommy’s mine now!”

“My baby! Take care of yourself! My poor, unfortunate baby! Eat a lot and grow up big and strong!! Mommy loves you~!! Good bye my Baby Gukkie!!”

“Mommy!!” Baby Gukkie trip over a pebble and falls. “Mommy!!!” Fat tears fall down his face like Niagara Falls as he watches hopelessly at his disappearing mommy. ”Come back, mommy!! Come back! I’m sorry! Don’t leave me! Come back! Don’t get eaten mommy! Wait for me! I’ll grow up big and strong and save you.” Baby Gukkie sits on the dirt covered ground and continues to sob for his poor Mommy Jae.

“Wahaha.” Mommy Chan drops Mommy Jae into her nest. ”My darlings can finally eat now! Mwahahahaha…”

“Please don’t eat me!!” Mommy Jae sobs as Mommy Chan looks down at him in triumph. ”I’m not tasty at all!”

“Mommy Chan?” A baby hawk’s head peaks out from under a pile of feathers. ”Who’s that?”

“Is that food?”

“That’s too big to eat Fatty Dae!”

“Shut up, stupid Baby Uppie! I know you’re hungry too!”

“Don’t call Baby Uppie hyung stupid!”

“Shut up, Crybaby Zelo.”

“I’m not a cry baby! Mama Chan, I’m not a cry baby!”

“Of course not, Darling Lolo. My darling’s perfect.”

“That’s right. I’m perfect.”

“Come here. Mama Chan will give you a kiss.” He nudges the chick over with his large wings and bump heads with the young chick affectionately. ”You’re not a crybaby, Precious Zelo.”

“But he is~!” Fatty Dae whines. ”He cries at everything!”

“Don’t call your brother a crybaby I’ll cut down your food by half!”

“But Mommy Chan! I’ll starve!!” Baby Dae rolls around and plops down on his fluffy stomach. ”I’m gonna sulk until you feed me. Pu!”

“Yay! More food for Baby Uppie and Baby Zelo!!”

“NOOO!!!! Don’t eat me! I’m not yummy!”

“You look yummy though.” Baby Uppie his head at the large chicken in front of him. ”I’ve never eaten something as big as you though. It would take us a lo~ng time to finish you though.”

“Are we gonna eat him, Mommy Chan? He looks fat and yummy.”

“I’M NOT FAT! I’M NORMAL!!”

Mommy Chan pushes Mommy Jae’s head to the bottom of his nest. “Don’t listen to him. We’ll have a feast today!”

“Yay~!”

“Feast! Feast.”

Baby Dae waddles towards the end of the nest, jumping onto the ledge and looking down. “Mommy Chan~!”

“Stay away from the edge, Chubby Dae! You’ll fall out !”

“But Mommy Chan!” He points his furry wings down. “There’s a baby down there! He looks stuck!”

“A baby? Where?” Mommy Chan jumps onto the ledge of her nest, causing Baby Dae to fall back into the nest with a tumble. ”I see him!”

“Mommy! Help me! Save me! Mommy!” The tiny voice cries. ”I’m scared Mommy! Help me! I don’t wanna die!!”

“My baby! My baby!” Mommy Jae waddles over to the edge, but because his legs are too short, he can’t jump onto the ledge. “My baby! Mommy will save you! Don’t worry! I’m coming!” He huffs and puffs as he tries again and again to hop onto the ledge. “My poor baby! Mommy’s coming to save you! Don’t move!”

“You know, you’ll just fall and die.”

“Mommy! That’s horrible! Do something!!” Baby Zelo pouts at Mommy Chan. “What if the baby falls? You can let him fall~!”

“But darling~!”

“Mommy~!”

“Mama!”

“Mommy!”

“Okay, okay. Fine!” Mommy Chan turns towards the smaller Mommy Jae. ”If something happens to my darlings, I’ll throw your baby off the cliff!” He threatens before taking off and hopping from rock to rock, pushing himself into flight.

“Mommy! Help me! I don’t wanna fall!!” Baby Gukkie struggles to stay on the ledge of the rocks. It’s a miracle that he made it this far without falling to his doom. ”Mommy! I don’t wanna die~!” He hops closer to the pointy rocks, ignoring how it’s digging into his side and possible making a cut on his tummy.

“Hello yummy baby!”

“No! No! Don’t come near me! Don’t eat me!” Baby Gukkie jumps faster to get away, slipping and tumbling down.

“Mama! He’s falling! Catch him! Hurry!”

“My baby! My baby!” Mommy Jae runs around the nest flapping his wings. ”My baby! My baby!”

“Gotcha!” Mommy Chan wraps his talon’s around Baby Gukkie’s small and plushy body. ”You’re mine now yummy baby.”

“No! I don’t wanna dieeeee~~!!” Baby Gukkie wiggles around in Mommy Chan’s grasp. ”I don’t wanna be food!”

“My baby! My baby! Don’t eat my baby!”

“The both of you are loud.” Mommy Chan lands on the ledge of his nest and drop the chick inside.

“Owwie!” Baby Gukkie tumbles into the nest. “That hurts.”

“I can fix that by eating you.”

“Mommy!”

“My baby!”

Mommy Jae and Baby Gukkie hug each other tight.

“Don’t eat my baby!”

“Don’t eat me!”

“Don’t eat the baby!” Baby Zelo snuggles up to Mommy Chan. “Don’t eat the baby, Mama. Please don’t eat the baby.”

“Pu! The baby is too skinny to eat!” Mommy Chan turns his head around and puff up his chest in irritation. ”I have to fatten him up first.”

“You evil!!” Mommy Jae guards Baby Gukkie fiercely. “I’ll defeat you.”

“You’re no fun at all!” Mommy Chan flies off. “Stay here with my darlings. If I find them missing, I’ll eat you.”

“Are you going to stay here with us?” Chubby Dae hops over to Mommy Jae. “Is Mommy Chan really going to fatten your baby up?”

Baby Gukkie puffs up his chest. “I’m bigger than you!”

“So? I’ll be bigger than you when I grow up!” Chubby Dae jumps around flapping his wings. “When I’m big and strong, I’m gonna eat you.”

“No, Chubby Dae hyung! Don’t eat Skinny Chick hyung! He’s too bony! What if you choke on his bones and die?”

“That’s true.” Chubby Dae jumps off and plops down in the bed of Mommy Chan’s feathers. “I won’t eat him then.”

“Yay! I have another hyung to play with.” Baby Zelo hops around in excitement, bumping into Baby Gukkie and fall over in a tumble of feathers and wings. “Waaahhh…”

“Baby Zelo!” Baby Uppie hops over with concern. ”Are you okay, Baby Zelo? Does it hurt? Did his bone hurt you?”

“I’m okay.” Baby Zelo hops over to Baby Uppie and leans against him and snuggles. ”Sleepy~!”

“Let’s nap and wait for Mommy Chan then.” They hope over to the sleeping Chubby Dae and cuddles together, falling fast asleep.

“Mommy Jae, I’m sleepy too.”

“Go over and sleep then. It looks warm there.”

“Okay.” Baby Gukkie waddles over and plops down next to Chubby Dae to sleep. “So comfy.”

“Poor babies. It’s so windy up here.” Mommy Jae walks over, standing over the precious babies and plopping her big stomach over them in an attempt to keep them warm. He pulls his head close to his body and closes his eyes to sleep.

The sound of flapping wings grows closer to the nest. A half eaten corn on the cob is dropped into the nest with a thud. He stretches his head close to the lump of chicken in the back of his nest, noticing the tiny feet under the chub of a chicken.

“Aww…how cute.”

“Shut up.” Mommy Jae demands with one eye open. “You’re lucky I have a soft spot for babies.”

“Then you babysit for me and I won’t eat you.”

“You promise?”

“Yup, I’ll even feed you.”

“Fine.”

Mommy Chan snuggles close and plops down next to Mommy Jae, blocking the wind from blowing on his much smaller body. “Sleepy time.”

“Your big body is good for something.”

“Shut it or I’ll eat you.”

“Then I’ll throw your babies out of the nest.”

“No you won’t.”

“How you know?”

“Cuz you have a soft spot for babies.”

“F-fine.”

“Night.”

“Hmph!”

And from that moment on, hawk Mommy Chan, chick  Mommy Jae, chick Baby Gukkie, and hawk Baby Uppie, Baby Dae, and Baby Zelo lived happily ever after, until Mommy Jae wants to move close to the ground, but that’s a story for another time.