Music for the Night

Never Be the Same Again

Taemin and Minho sat in Taemin's car listening to Tae's favourite music artist, letting the music wash over them, like they had so many times before, chatting quietly about random things, mainly work, the boss and what arsehole they had had to deal with earlier in the evening.

A particularly strong beat kicked in and Tae closed his eyes to savor it, feeling the vibration through the drivers seat, it was just another night of the two of them hanging out like they always did after work, enjoying music and talking, Tae chuckled quietly to himself, thinking how they had started being friends at work and then one night they had decided just to hang out in there cars, they ended up with his car cause Minho's was smaller and not so comfortable, and besides his stereo was better anyway, a present from his parents for his 18th birthday, a nice set of 6x9 3 ways in the back, and a flashy cd unit, which was currently flashing up the artist and going in time with the music, he watched it just enjoying everything. 

"What are you thinking about?" Minho enquires looking at him with a chuckle 

"Ah.... nothing, just random " Taemin swears unthinkingly,

"Well if its just random , maybe we can hang out in the back seat? I want to stretch out"

Tae glances curiously at Minho, he had a point, with his long limbs, even in Taemin's car he looks a little cramped. 
"Yeah ok, I guess" shrugging his shoulders, not really caring either way, "Means I have to turn down the music so we don't get blasted."

He pouts at this, he really does love his music, love the way it feels, feeding his soul with every beat.

Begrudgingly Tae turns down the music and gets out of the car, gets into back seat and settling in, not really giving much thought to anything and stares out the window, looking at the loading docks they had parked it, looking at Minho's little black car parked next to his, wondering how the hell does someone so tall fit into it comfortably. He remembers the night that Minho had too much icecream, they had gotten some from work, and Minho being the eater that he is, decided it would be fun to eat in his car, they had stayed up particularly late that night cause Taemin wouldn't leave Minho to rest it off alone and they had curled up the Minho's car and snoozed.

"Tae... what are you thinking about?" Minho enquires again, seeming to try and get Taemin to focus on him,

"Nothing really, just thinking about general stuff." Taemin trying to being fairly truthful. "Your car and hanging out with you mostly," He adds, confused by the slight blush that graces his cheeks from that admission.

"Ah.... anything else?" Minho sounding quite a bit more curious than Tae was expecting,

"Ah... no not really, should I be? Tae smirked at the last bit, and finally made eye contact with Minho, 

Minho gave him an unreadable look and sighed quietly, breaking the eye contact and stared out the window, Taemin frowned at that slightly and decided he better try and keep the conversation going. 

"So... hows your car going?" he asked hopefully, trying to get the older boy to talk again,

"Yeah, not too bad, my brother just looked at it the other day should be good for a little while." Minho relaxed a little. "How's this one going?"

"Yeah ok I think, Dad's been keeping an eye on the levels for me, I was thinking of saving up for a sub and some new front speakers, or rear ones and putting the old ones up the front."

Taemin grinned at the thought of new additions to his sound system, make the sound even more perfect than it already was.

Minho grinned as well. "That sound like it would be pretty cool, I can help you if like, installing them, my brother and I have done it with my old car, wouldn't take us that long, save you money as well."

"Sounds good, thanks." Tae surprised himself with the shy tone that escaped his lips, and felt himself blush ever so slightly.

At that point one of Taemin's most favourite songs came over the speakers and Tae closed his eyes again to focus on the music, a little smile filtered onto his lips. They sat in silence for a few minutes, as Taemin let the song wash over him, humming along quietly, as the song ended they continued to sit in silence, Tae thought of taking a peep at Minho but decided against it. 

Why ruin a perfect moment like this.

If taken by the similar thought,he heard Minho shift in the seat next to him, moving slightly closer, a new song started, a slower more quiet song, Taemin mind picked up the song, and he floated along with it, getting more aware of the heat that seems to be radiating from beside him, he hadn't had Minho this close before, and even though he was not touching the boy beside him he could feel his heat and almost see him in his minds eye, for once in his life Tae was completely in the moment, not float half here and half somewhere else.

Why have I never noticed how warm he is before?

Taemin surprised himself when he didn't stiffen or move away when Minho's arm s out and around his shoulder, pulling the younger slightly toward him. He felt the heat along his side increase as their bodies connected, his mind going off in weird directions processing everything that was happening, Taemin stared out the window of the car not really seeing anything for all the sensations he was feeling, he could almost sense Minho looking at him watching his reaction.

He felt Minho's arm move, and felt fresh heat as the elder boys fingers traced along the top of shirt and up his neck and down again, feeling a warm heat that he swore would leave a mark on his skin.

"Do that again.... and I will have to kiss you." The words escaped Tae's lips in a quiet, low tone, almost pleading, Taemin's mind was going a thousand miles a minute.

What had he just spoken?

Kiss.... him?

Tae's world went black, then fireworks of colours flashed before his eyes as Minho's lips meet his, warm and soft then firm as the kiss quickly deepened, Taemin found himself losing control of his arms as they wrapped around Minho's neck pulling him into him and felt fire as Minho's arms wrapped around his body pulling him closer and slightly on top of him, they stayed like that not stopping the kiss that started so unexpectedly, time seemed to melt away, the music that was always so forward in Tae's mind was muffled replaced by all the sensations of lips, arms, breath and warmth.

They finally parted, and the music still played, but taemin couldn't recall just how many songs had past since their lips met, not that he was complaining, he was just confused, tasting Minho's mouth still on his lips and suddenly feeling quite cold with Minho's arms no longer around him, he saw the elder watching him, eyes not quite met, Tae smiled a weak smile, Minho relaxed a little and smiled back quite shyly.

"That was..... unexpected" voiced Taemin, finally regaining his voice.

"But not bad?" Minho's voice was slightly deeper than normal with a hopeful note to it.

"No.... not bad, unexpected, but not bad." Tae tried to make his voice sound stronger than it was, but he still was a bundle of sensations and emotions, he would need time to sort this out.

I need music....

"So.... what now?" Minho spoke the question that was plaguing the youngers mind as well.

"Ummm....." Tae stopped, letting some music help clear his mind, "I'm not sure.... but home is definitely happening, its very late."

Minho looked disappointed at this, but nodded, taking the door handle to get out of the car and into his own for his drive home.

"Umm.... I'll see you tomorrow.... remember we are working again tomorrow night." Tae tried to give a warm smile as he made eye contact with Minho, before opening his own door and stepping out into the loading dock.

"I look forward to it." was the reply, "see you then." Then Minho was gone, having jumped into his own car and taken off, pointing towards home.

Tae sighed, and leaned back in the drivers' seat once again, turning off his music, and sitting in silence, mind whirling,

What just happened, and what does it mean? 

Sighing once again, he started the car, and pointed it the opposite direction to the way Minho had gone, music turned up, he drove home, collapsing into his bed, and falling asleep, with visions and sensations of their kiss, playing on repeat in his head.

The day went along just as any other, except for one thing, no matter how hard Taemin tried, he couldn't shake Minho from his mind, no matter how much music he pumped into his ears trying to distract himself with singing or dancing, Minho floated to the top of his thoughts, the kiss and all the sensations replaying over and over again, feeling like a never ending perfect dream, but he wasn't sure if it was a dream he wanted.

The night came and it was time to start work, Taemin felt a little apprehensive, he wasn't sure what he would feel when he laid eyes on Minho again, he had felt strange all day, a weird mix of nervous excitement and confusion. He took a deep breath as he stepped into his work place to begin his shift for the night, greeting workmates as he moved to the back of the store to sign in for the night, he sighted Minho out the back, heading towards the front of the store, they made eye contact, and mirrored small smiles made it onto their lips, as they greeted each other, in that moment Taemin finally had an answer to thoughts and questions that had plagued him all day.

"Hey.... I've got something to tell you later on when you have a minute." Tae quickly said, as the elder passed him by, Minho nodded in response, and continued heading to the front.

Taemin occupied himself with the tasks at hand, and Minho arrived back a few minutes later, he scooted close to Tae, giving him his undivided attention. 

God.... he gives off so much heat.....

"What's up?" Minho voiced over casually, Taemin looked up and saw slightly worried eyes behind Minho's other wise neutral expression.

Tae smiled shyly, "I have something to confess....." he paused, staring down at his work for a moment, before returning his gaze to Minho's dark brown eyes. "I.... haven't been able to get last night out of mind all day.... I think I like you....like really, really like you."

The younger waited for Minho to respond, the elder's eyes started twinkling and his face broke out into a massive grin.

"Yeah?... I really like you too." his grin turning slightly shy, "Hang out again tonight and talk more?"

"Yeah, sounds good." Tae's face broke into a big smile of this own, and he felt a warm feeling wash over, settling in his chest.

Minho gave him one last warm smile before heading back to the front of the store, to continue the nights' work. Tae smiled to himself and returned to his own tasks, music returning to his mind, he quietly hummed the unheard song, and thought deeply,

Music for a night like this, music for a time with him.