02; Of Love Poems and Flowers

The Dorm Life of Pinkfinite

Woohyun rolls around in bed with a ball of crumpled paper in his hand and a pencil behind his ear.

 

How does Dongwoo even come up with lyrics for some of his raps?

 

Woohyun has never tried so hard to impress a girl. Not even once in his 20 years of life. Why is this one girl so damn hard to impress?!?!?!?! Girls used to be so easy to bait and date.

 

But Woohyun is a conceited, stubborn man. There is nothing Nam Woohyun cannot do. He will capture her heart. He will be the centre of her affection. He will be the reason for her to live.

 

With newfound confidence, he unfolds the crumpled paper and smooths the creases out of it. He stares at the blank piece of paper.

 

...

 

NOOOOOO HE CAN'T DO THIS.

 

Why doesn't he serenade her, some might ask? Well, he tried to serenade her once, from below her room. He had thrown small pebbles at her window, hoping that the rapping sounds could get her attention.

 

He sure did, because when she finally opened her window, she magically caught a pebble with her agility, and threw it back at him with twice the strength, hitting his right calf.

 

Woohyun couldn't dance properly for a week afterwards.

 

Aaaaand he had to suffer from s' teasing and laughing for a week.

 

Aaaaaand he didn't even get to sing to her.

 

Stupid hapkido black belt.

 

Woohyun runs out of the room and goes to look for Dongwoo.

 

"Dongwoo hyung, Dongwoo hyung!" He whines and bangs on the door.

 

Sunggyu opens the door instead. "What do you want?"

 

"Dongwoo hyung."

 

"He's having a dance battle on Just Dance 4 with Howon. Come back later."

 

"Nooooooo-"

 

Sunggyu slams the door in his face.

 

A minute later, he opens it again.

 

"Come in, twerp."

 

"Yay!" Woohyun cheers. "I love you, hyung!"

 

"I don't." Sunggyu replies curtly and shuffles back into his room.

 

He pokes his head out 3 seconds later. "If you need anything, don't call me. Go bother someone else."

 

Before Woohyun could reply, Sunggyu slams the door to his room.

 

Huh, Woohyun thinks, someone must be watching something dirty.

 

Woohyun sits on the couch in the living room and waits patiently. The door to Dongwoo and Hoya's room suddenly opens and Hoya walks out.

 

"Woohyun hyung, whatcha doing here?"

 

Woohyun snaps his head up. "Looking for Dongwoo hyung!"

 

"Who called me?" Dongwoo comes out in a loose tank top and tight shorts. Hoya shrugs and disappears into the kitchen.

 

Dongwoo takes a seat next to Woohyun, leaning towards the younger.

 

"Oh my god hyung, you smell really bad."

 

"Shut up. This is what a real man smells like."

 

Woohyun thinks about it. He wants to show her that he can be a man too. Should he turn up to her dorm all sweaty and slick?

 

... No, she might throw a deodorant at him.

 

Dongwoo looks at the only line scrawled across the crumpled paper.

 

Love Poem for Park Chorong.

 

"Again?!" Dongwoo exclaims. "Thought you would have given up by now."

 

"Me too." Woohyun sighs. "Help me, hyung!"

 

"Hmm." Dongwoo hums. "Why are you doing it the old school way? Why don't you throw her a heart or two? Fans love your greasy winks and stupid hearts."

 

"The hearts are not stupid!"

 

"Uh, yes they are quite excessive, hyung." Hoya chirps from the kitchen.

 

"No one asked for your opinion, Howon!" Woohyun yells back.

 

He turns to Dongwoo. "Anyway hyung, about your suggestion... Been there, done that." He sighs.

 

It was a rainy day. Apink and Infinite once coincidentally met each other at the apartment's lift lobby, as both groups waited for their managers to drive the van to them.

 

Sungyeol was talking to the girls. He was the closest to them, after all. Sunggyu just woke up, and with his half-opened eyes, he could barely see anything. Myungsoo was awkward as always, because of a certain someone, and Dongwoo was being the oblivious boy he was. Hoya was conversing with Eunji about their upcoming drama ‘Reply 1997’ in that adorable Busan accent, and Sungjong, well, he was nowhere to be found.

 

But that doesn’t matter.

 

Woohyun didn’t have the balls to approach Chorong because he didn’t know what she would do to him. Throw another pebble? That was highly likely.

 

He shamelessly watched Chorong laugh to one of Bomi’s weird antics and sighed. What should he do to attract her attention?

 

Despite her aggressiveness towards him, Woohyun still found Chorong absolutely stunning. (because Woohyun likes it rough) Even with her baby fats. She’s already lost some of them since her pre-debut days, but Woohyun decided that he likes both chubby Chorong and slim Chorong.

 

The fact that they shared the same hometown was such a bonus too, and he had already started to daydream about how they could go back and visit their mothers together and-

 

“Beep beep!” A vehicle honked from outside. Turns out that Infinite’s manager was quicker than Apink’s manager.

 

The boys said their goodbyes to the girls, who bowed and greeted each one of their sunbaes. Woohyun took this chance to sidle up to Chorong, throwing her a greasy wink and massive heart he made with his whole body.

 

Chorong, being Chorong, caught the invisible heart…

 

And pretended to tear it into half before dropping it onto the floor.

 

Woohyun could only gawk at the female while his manager ushered him into the van.

 

That scene didn’t go unseen by both group members, because when all the boys were in the van, Sungjong said, “You just got served. So bad.”

 

“Right… I forgot about that incident.” Dongwoo says. “Moving on.”

 

Hoya emerges from the kitchen. “She sounds like someone who likes simplicity.”

 

Dongwoo snaps his fingers. “Atta boy! Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. Ok ok I have some ideas for your little poetry.”

 

“What?”

 

The two end up surfing the internet for classic love poems and decide to settle on the most classic of all.

 

---

 

 

The next morning, Chorong wakes up to go on her daily run. She opens the door and finds a pleasant surprise for her. A letter and two bouquets of flowers.

 

Bomi, who happens to be pass by to go to the toilet, sees Chorong with the letter and flowers and mumbles, “It’s been there since last night. God knows what’s inside…”

 

“Huh.” Chorong huffs and picks it up.

 

“To: Chorong” is written in (kinda ugly) cursive handwriting. But her curiosity got the better of her and she opens it anyway.

 

Written on the the piece of vanilla-scented paper, in the same (ugly) handwriting, is a message or poem of some sort.

 

Roses are red;

Violets are blue;

Please give me a chance,

To start pursuing you.

 

  • Your (Not-so-secret) Secret Admirer

 

P.S. If it’s a yes, leave the roses outside the doorstep. If it’s a no, leave the violets outside the doorstep.

P.P.S. Please give me rosessssssssss

 

“Pabo.” She whispers.

 

A small smile creeps onto the girl’s beautiful face and she places her answer on the floor, taking a deep whiff of the other bouquet.


---------------------------------

So... What's Chorong's answer? Kekeke.

Also, it has come to my attention that in their new building, Infinite lives on two different floors. So, in some chapters, they'll live in the same dorm, and in other chapters, they don't.

Honestly, it wouldn't affect the story too much. Remember, this fanfic is more about Pinkfinite moments rather than a storyline!

On a side note, thank you for subscribing and commenting! I'll try to keep this as realistic as possible. See you soon!