Beaches and Lifeguards

Beaches and Lifeguards

It was a hot summer day. The usual. Too many people coming to enjoy their hot day when they could go somewhere else. But no. They had to choose the beach of all places. 'Why don't you all go to Antartica or something?!' Suga thinks to himself as he leans back in his chair. 

 

Suga wasnt supposed to work today, but with the overflow of people coming to the beach, his manager called him in to work an extra shift at the lifeguard tower. A lot of people dont believe him when he says hes a lifeguard. Suga couldnt really blame them though. Most of the time when people think of lifeguard they think of Park Jimin. Tan skin and chocolate abs. Suga was the complete opposite with his pale skin and short limbs. 

 

Suga groaned as he was awakened by yet another shout. "Why cant these people keep quiet?" Suga mumbles as he pulls his sunglasses back over his eyes. 

 

What he didnt realize was that someone was actually shouting for help. 

 

"Someone help! Lifeguard! My friend is drowning!" Came a shout. Suga's eyes shoot open and in record time he had his equipment in hand while sprinting to the shore. "Where? Where's your friend?" Suga pants as he scans the water. Suddenly he spots an arm about 2 yards away from shore. 

 

Suga sprints into the water, heart pumping and short limbs pushing through the harsh waves. 

 

By the time Suga reaches the drowning man, said man has already been crushed by the waves too much to stay above surface. Suga dives into the water, eyes stinging from the excessessive salt water entering his eyes. He grabs an arm and quickly pulls up, a young man coming along with it. Suga places the man on his life preserver and pulls him to the shore. 

 

Sugas legs sting from the amount of effort. 'Jesus, this guy is heavier than a whale!' Suga thinks as he reaches shore. 

 

He quickly pulls the man onto the sand, by-standers gathering around the scene. Suga pants as he puts two finger under the mans chin and lifts up. He takes a quick moment to look over the youth. The man has lightly tan skin, and a nice shade of grey hair. His cheeks look almost squishable and Suga has to keep himself from touching them. "Kid can you hear me?! Hey! Wake up!" Suga shouts, tapping on the mans chest. 

 

', he's totally out for the count,' Suga bites his lip as he begins compressions. Suga counts aloud, mumbling quick 'come on's or 'wake up's. 

 

Once finishing his first set of compressions,  Suga pulls the mans chin up and pinches his nose as he leans in. Only a few inches apart, Suga takes a breath, but suddenly feels a painful forces against his forehead as he falls back. The young man sits up startled, looking at Suga incredulously as if he has two heads. He opened his mouth to speak but was interrupted by his friend. "Namjoon I was so scared!  I told you not to go out that far!" shouted the orange-haired kid. 

 

"Thank you so much for saving my friend!" The orange-haired kid says as he forcefully shakes Suga's hand. "Namjoon say thank you!" the kid says. Suga turns to face 'Namjoon' and stares at him expectantly. 'That's right kid you better say thanks. You would've stolen my first kiss....not that I would've minded,' Suga thinks. 

 

"D-did you...?" Namjoon trails off. Suga chuckles and shakes his head. "Nah, kid. I was close though. You're welcome by the way," Suga says shamlessly. Namjoon stares at the older before he bows. "I'll try to be more careful...um..." Namjoon asks. "Suga," Suga finishes his sentence. Namjoon nods his head and smiles and says thank you again before walking away with his friend.

 

"Damn it. If only I didnt get up so soon!" Namjoon exclaims to his friend. "I know! You were so close," V sighs. "I guess we'll just have to try again next week."