Priceless Blue Gown

Wedding Entourage

 

He felt proud at the slight progress his current ‘angelic’ act brought upon his employees. Although Sungmin didn’t exactly end up ‘happily ever after’ with Kangin but at least it wasn’t a dead end. He was grinning so big that Donghae thought he had lost his mind from all the stress, though the younger man wondered if Eeteuk does feel stress.

 

Eeteuk noticed Kyuhyun and straightened up, they were about to go about with business when they saw Siwon stomping his way to his office.
“I’ve already extended my help to the Lee brothers, I think it’s about time I help my dear friend.” He thought aloud as his fingers absentmindedly skimmed through the papers.
“No puns intended but don’t you think you should focus on your own problems Eeteuk? Siwon is different from Donghae and Sungmin and his problem is way complex than theirs too.”
“Awww~ are you jealous that I wasn’t able to help you and Ryeowook out?” Eeteuk said as he stood up to pat Kyuhyun on the head.

Kyuhyun brushed his hand aside with a faint blush on both cheeks. “Congratulations by the way.”

“I’m just saying that not everyone needs your help and… maybe you should get yourself a girlfriend or whatever so you can focus on other things besides us.” Kyuhyun immediately left with a bow.


Eeteuk shrugged off Kyuhyun’s last words and headed for Siwon’s office to begin with the interviews and planning. After a busy day’s work while the others left the office whether for a date or whatnot, he stayed behind to watch over his best friend.
“Ei, why don’t we call it a day and unwind at some club?” he suggested as Siwon focused his attention on the computer, his fingers tapping different keys per minute.
“I have work to do. Get laid by yourself.”
“What?! Who said of getting laid? I meant dancing and drinking Siwon.”
Siwon grinned. “Teukie, I appreciate the effort but if you want me to forget him then my job is all I need.”
“But---“
“Teukie, I’m alright so don’t waste your energy on me. Now go enjoy the night.”
Eeteuk get off his seat with a sigh.

 

He tried calling a few friends and was only able to drag Sungmin along with his shenanigans. But when they arrived at one of the most frequented clubs, Eeteuk met his other friends and left Sungmin at a corner by himself. “Why does Kangin have to be miles away?” Sungmin grumbled to himself and chugged down his tequila mixture then left unnoticed.

When Eeteuk realized that Sungmin was gone, it was already past 2 o’clock in the morning and he was already a little tipsy. He staggered out of the club and tried to hail a taxi. He was checking his phone when someone snatched it from his drunken hands. The alcohol instantly drained from his system and he was filled with life again.
“! Give me back my phone!” he screamed as he ran after the snatcher but the snatcher was fast.
“Eeteuk, I’ve been calling you a dozen times,” Donghae complained
“My phone got snatched, okay.”
“Well, it has somehow found its way back here.” Sungmin said with a smirk on his face.

At his back Eeteuk saw a very familiar person and felt everything inside him go haywire. The said person was playing with his phone in his hand.
“This guy here took it back for you, his name is Hankyung but I don’t think we don’t need that much introduction since you already go way back.”
Eeteuk could see the ridicule in Sungmin’s eyes but he faced Hankyung with composure. Before Donghae or anyone else could ask, Eeteuk introduced Hankyung to everyone.
“This is Hankyung, we go to the same high school, he, Siwon and I and it has really been a long time since we last see each other.” He moved pass Sungmin and towards Hankyung, gesturing to give his phone back. Everyone else dispersed from the scene but Eeteuk knew better that they were eavesdropping nearby.
Hankyung beamed at Eeteuk, Eeteuk, on the other hand, found it hard to swallow.
“Wow Teukie! You’re very much accomplished, how long has it been? I never doubted idolizing you!”
“Ummm.. thanks for saving my phone Hankyung but I’m kinda busy.”
“Yeah, of course, I heard that your agency has been in demand since you opened. I’ll keep in touch.”
“Well, we offer nothing but the – wait, ‘keep in touch’?”
Hankyung was already heading for the elevator. He got inside and saluted his own mobile phone to Eeteuk. “Sorry. I took the liberty to browse a little, how else did I know it was yours.” And the doors shut on him, leaving a gaping Eeteuk. It was a smack on the head with a portfolio from Siwon that snapped Eeteuk back to reality.
“Stop spacing out on the job.” Siwon curtly said then paused to sniff the air. “Hankyung’s been here?”
“How’d you know?” Donghae asked, popping out from a corner.
“Guess he still wears the same perfume,” Siwon replied. “Anyway, whenever you’re done with your assignments please come to my office for the weekly briefing.”
Everyone chorused a big ‘yes’ and work returned in the agency. Though the commotion in Siwon’s office the past week was almost forgotten, everyone knew it was not resolved but with Eeteuk’s old friend paying a visit, the spotlight has been shed on him.

*~*~*~*~*

Just when Eeteuk thought he was off Hankyung’s radar since he didn’t receive even one text message from the guy, he found him at the Bridal boutique their new client suggested. It wasn’t exactly part of his job but it was the perfect opportunity to expound the territory of his agency, branching out and affiliating was part of making good business and the boutique owns elegant gowns and suits that could cater to their future clients’ needs

“I’m a critique for today. A friend of mine chose me as his best man and wanted my help.” Hankyung said before the question could escape Eeteuk’s mouth. Whether or not it was just mere coincidence or Hankyung stalking him, his clients were Hankyung’s friends. Eeteuk, together with Kyuhyun, carried on with their job. Choosing the perfect wedding clothes for the soon-to-be newly weds and taking the pre-nuptial pictures as natural as they wished it to be, with Kyuhyun’s skill with the camera there was nothing to worry. There was just the case of hair standing on end at the back of Eeteuk’s neck as if some presence was constantly prying on him or a pair of eyes fixated on him.

 

“Great job guys, you two look lovely,” Eeteuk said with a clap of his hand when they finally finished with the shooting, shaking hands with the groom and giving the bride a warm hug. “And the gown, fine choice, unorthodox but nothing could’ve suit you perfectly.” He said, admiring the fine cut and meticulous design of the royal blue wedding gown the bride chose, which made the bride smile and proud.
They were slowly clearing the park with the equipment when Hankyung came to their van.

“You guys are awesome.” Hankyung complimented.
Eeteuk had his back on Hankyung and prayed that he didn’t see how his body jerked at the sound of his voice.

“Thanks.” Kyuhyun answered for Eeteuk with a soft smile.
“Eeteuk since you guys are done for the day, how about early dinner?”
“Dinner? You see…”
“Don’t worry Teukie. I can go to the agency on my own, I’m sure I can get some hands to help out with the unloading.” Kyuhyun said and suppressed a laugh when he saw the distressed look Eeteuk was signaling him and was having fun ignoring Eeteuk.
“Guess there’s no problem with that. Thank you.”
“No prob.” Kyuhyun was already at the driver’s seat, turning the ignition on and waving at the pair through the side mirror and slowly joined the traffic.

They watched the van disappear from their sight then Hankyung gave a light tug on Eeteuk’s sleeve.
“C’mon, I know a great ramen house! I’m starving!” he said, cocking his head to the side and led the way. Eeteuk could just sigh deeply and inhale the trace of perfume Hankyung had left behind. There was no escaping him for now. 

After tonight everything will go back as to how they were, Eeteuk thought but after that night, Hankyung has persistently catch his attention making him feel weird and giddy like he used to feel in high school, turning him clumsy to the point that he purposely take on the other’s jobs especially Donghae’s or Sungmin’s.

 

“I don’t understand you.” Donghae said while he and Eeteuk looked for some flowers in a green house. “You play cupid for others, you’ve got strong conviction as to how other couples could have the wedding they want, you look as if you can solve any problem no sweat but when it comes to dealing with your own heart you act like some innocent school girl.”
“And you really are different when you’re in your territory.”
“Eeteuk, you can’t fool me or any of us. We’ve been on this business for almost a year, you’ve played match maker with hyung and I know you planned something between me and Kibum and I thank you for that. But as a junior let me tell you something, you know there’s just one dress that fits perfectly the bride, no matter how many styles and colors there is and the same goes for people. Out of the hundreds of persons you meet everyday, there’s just one meant for you. It’s time you quit beating around the bush and fit that suit or if you want gown.”
Eeteuk laughed at Donghae’s last statement and gave the younger man a pat on the back.

*~*~*~*~*

It was finally the much awaited day and Eeteuk made it his top priority to see if everything was working and the clothes of the entourage, the groom and especially the bride were magnificent. He was left alone inside the room with the bride while her family prepares. He couldn’t help but admire her and ask, “Is blue your favorite color?”
The bride turned to smile at him. He could see that she was nervous yet excited. “Yes but other than that,” she twirled to face the whole length mirror, her gown made a slight whooshing sound as she turned. “Wearing blue on your wedding day means you’re marrying you’re true love.” She suddenly laughed from embarrassment. “Sorry was that too childish or cheesy?”
Eeteuk shook his head. “No. Besides anyone in love is entitled to be cheesy, and even more now that it is your day. Well I better go and check the others.”
“Thank you for everything.”
“It’s our job after all.”

 

The ceremony went on smoothly, with Wedding Entourage managing the works. Eeteuk decided, however, to make an early exit. After what Donghae had said to him and the obvious signs Hankyung had been showing there was nothing but fear inside his heart. He was glad that finally perhaps now Hankyung had reciprocated his feelings but he wasn’t prepared to accept it even if it was just friendship he was offering. He bumped into Sungmin who was also making his leave, and like him there seems to be an unrest on his face but the difference was he also looked thrilled.

“Aren’t you staying? You’re in charge with the events.” Eeteuk started.
“I’ve got some relievers and how about you?”
“Need some sleep.” When the elevator doors opened, Sungmin was first to get out, Eeteuk noticed the jar filled with flickering green lights tucked in Sungmin’s arm and a smile crept on his face.

“So Kangin’s back?” he called out.

Sungmin turned with a blush and a sheepish smile.

“Send my regards and don’t be afraid to gamble this time.”
“I will and it depends if he kept his promise.” Sungmin was already at the glass doors and saw a figure approaching Eeteuk from behind. “I should say the same thing to you.” and he was out. Eeteuk took his time and went out of the hotel, he looked up and admired the night when he realized that he was not alone.

Hankyung was standing silently behind him. “Why did you break up?” Eeteuk asked without taking his eyes off the stars his question got Hankyung off guard.
“It was already a long time since we did. It was a mutual break up. Years later, I just found out that she and my best friend were already dating then they were getting married.”
“Doesn’t it bother you at all?”
“Nope. But I’ve been wondering about something though.”
“What is it?”
“Now that they’re married, your services are done. I won’t have any excuse to see you anymore. But I want to see you.” Hankyung paused to look at Eeteuk. He could see the uncertainty in Eeteuk’s eyes, he could feel the sudden jolt of his hand when he held it in his and gave it a squeeze.
“Please let me see you, let me talk with you, be with you for all those years we’ve missed, I’ve missed.”
“Hankyung I don’t understand what you’re saying.” But he knew, Eeteuk knew that his dreams long ago was finally having its fulfillment.
“Maybe this will help.” Hankyung whispered and kissed Eeteuk on the lips before he could protest. Pressing their lips at each other softly but filled with meaning.
“I have to admit, I loved you then how sure are you that I’d love you now?”
“Because I will do anything to have you. To me you’re priceless.”

*~*~*~*~*

The temperature just keep falling, Hankyung could’ve freeze to death from waiting for Eeteuk to come down from the agency. He already saw the others pass by him. Kyuhyun and Ryeowook snuggled close to each other. Donghae left alone but was busy talking to the phone and Kangin was his short-time waiting buddy, based from the travel bag he was bringing along with him, he just arrived from Europe, until Sungmin came down and greeted Kangin with a warm welcome embrace.

 

“What took you so long? Any later I’d become a popsicle.” He complained.
“Sorry, I couldn’t just leave Siwon up there on Christmas Eve.” Eeteuk pouted.

Hankyung sighed and patted Eeteuk’s head. Then they started to leave.
“Don’t worry if you’d become a Popsicle then I’ll just the ice off until it melts.”

While snuggled inside Hankyung’s warm embrace, a girl stood before them, smiling broadly.
“Ah! That girl?!” Eeteuk exclaimed, pointing at the girl who looked like she was still in high school. “She was the one who stole my phone.”
Hankyung approached her and dropped a small gift bag on her expectant hands, the girl thanked him and gave him a hug then skipped away. Eeteuk gave Hankyung an icy glare. “Explain yourself.” He muttered.
“Ummm… yeah. That was my cousin, sorry I never thought you’d remember I thought you were drunk. Sorry.” Hankyung explained, placing both his hands in front of him, in a begging stance.
“Give me one good reason why I should let this pass?”
“Because I love you and would it help if I say that I was desperate to be part in your life again?”

Despite how the streets were crowded, Eeteuk hastily kissed Hankyung on the cheek then briskly walked ahead. Hankyung immediately followed his lover and clasped gloved hands, he knew that Eeteuk becomes awkward around him, he found that trait cute and lovable but it’s those unexpected acts he does that makes him go crazy.

Chapter  End.