Chapter 1

A Caged Bird

LOL SUHO AND SEHUN XD

Ailee POV

I stared at the floor, anxious and impatient. This was it, the big break.

“Ailee,” the women said handing me a contract and giving me a big smile, “congratulations you’re the last member of the new group.”

I let out a huge breath and felt all the hardships and drama I endured over the years disappear, I had finally made it. I laughed and jumped up and down screaming happily.

“Thank you so much!” I gave the woman, who was now my manager, a hug.

She hugged me back and smiled at me.

“You worked hard to get here, you deserve every bit of it.” She pulled away from me and then turned back to the other trainees, “as for the rest of you, I believe you all have exceptional talent but I still think that some of you could have worked harder. Keep going and you’ll reach your dreams one day.” She said and turned to leave when...

“What?!” Taeyeon screamed, anger flashing in her brown eyes, “Please reconsider, I think there is a misunderstanding, and I’m obviously more talented than Ailee! I think you made a mistake.”

The manager turned around to look at her, “I have made no mistakes and Taeyeon the reason you weren’t chosen is because your attitude towards others is not something an idol should have.” She walked away and the rest of the EXO members came to hug me.

“Congratulations! We knew you could make it!” Chanyeol jumped around excitedly.

“Yeah Congrats Ailee, I’m the leader now I don’t have to be ordered by you anymore.” Suho said sticking out his tongue at me.

“Suho, do you want me to tell the rest of the members what happened the first day I came to training and saved you from utter embarrassment.” I replied smirking at him.

“Ahahaha… Of course I’ll still listen to you Ailee I was talking to uhh… Chanyeol.” Suho laughed nervously.

“Wait I want to know what happened, Ailee!” Chanyeol pleaded, looking at me with his puppy dog eyes.

“Awwww, maybe some other time Chanyeol I’ll see you guys later, bye.” I said.

“Okay see you later than.” D.O said and then left.

 I went to pick up my bag but as soon as everyone, well almost everyone had left the room I felt an extremely hot sting run across my cheek and I realised that Taeyeon had slapped me.

 

“What was that for?!” I yelled at her, holding my hand up to my stinging cheek.

“You little , if it wasn’t for you I would have been chosen!” She raged.

I let out a heavy sigh, this ALWAYS happens, “Listen to yourself, you sound so low and to me it’s such a pity a beautiful face has such ugly words coming out of it.” Just as I was about to leave she swung her hand, the sting of the previous hit still hadn’t left, I braced myself but instead of feeling a hand on my face I felt nothing. Kai had gripped her hand about a few centimetres from my face .

“Kai!” She gasped in shock, her eyes widening in fear.

“What were you doing?” He asked her coldly, she didn’t reply. “Answer me” He growled.

“Nothing I was just…um…. “ She stumbled.

He let go of her hand and helped me carry my bag before leaving, Taeyeon stood there in shock while we walked away.

We took the elevator back to our dorm rooms.
“How did you know she was going to….”

“I just knew, if the two of you were put in the same room for an hour, you’d both come out with bruises and scratches.” Kai said

“Thanks ballet boy.” I laughed and gave him playful punch on the shoulder.

“You know usually the hero gets a kiss.” he playfully said.

“Uh, in your dreams player,” I laughed, “besides Taeyeon would probably get me beheaded for that, anyways see ya.”I waved at him.

“Wait you forgot your….”he sighed, the elevator doors shut, “bag.”

I walked to my dorm room contemplating what I should wear for our celebratory dinner tomorrow night when I saw a familiar figure fast asleep on the front of my dorm room, curled up in a ball. I giggled and then straightened myself up, AHEM I coughed loudly eying the bouquet of roses hidden in his curled up ball.

“What are you doing here Jackson?” I said looking at him weirdly even though the answer was obvious.

“Huh? Wha? OH UM you’re back,” He said stumbling to get up and hiding the roses behind his back,” I was waiting for you to come back from your results, how did you go?”

“Horrible the manager said I was crap.” I said making my face look as disappointed as possible.

“Oh...” His face dropped, “I’m sorry babe.”

“I’m just joking, I made it in.” I laughed and opened the door when he pulled me to him by the waist with one hand and twirled me around to face him.

“You know I’m supposed to be the jokester right?” He chuckled and started kissing my neck.

“Stop it you’re gonna make me laugh.” I moaned and he felt his arm pull us closer together.  

He stopped and let go of me,” That was revenge for tricking me, and these are for you.” He handed me the roses.

“Aww! Thanks babe.” I pecked him on the lips and then I saw a person standing behind him, Kai.

 

 “Oh hey Kai!” I said acting naturally, “What’s up?”

“Ummm, you left your bag with me.” He replied, his eyes not leaving Jackson.

“Who’s that?” Jackson whispered in my ear and pulling me closer to him.

“That’s Kai, you know the guy I told you about.” I whispered back, he eased up.

“Ahem,” Kai coughed drawing our attention back to him, “Anyway here’s your bag and I’ll see you around and also umm… can I talk to you for a second Ailee.”

“Okay sure, you can go inside first Jackson.” I said to him. He hesitated a bit but went inside and closed the door behind him but I was pretty sure he was eavesdropping like always.

“Thanks for bothering to take the bag back to me,” I said giving him a smile, “anyways what’s up?”

“WHO THE WAS THAT?” he half yelled half whispered.
“Uhhh, my boyfriend,” I said,” I’m sorry I didn’t tell you earlier but we have been dating for a year and I was scared you were going to go all psycho maniac.”

“Nah, he’s just some random stranger you met on the street, of course I know he’s your boyfriend and what makes you think that? When did I ever go all psycho maniac.” he looked at me weirdly.

“Oh come on Kai, I’ve know you since we were 14,” I laughed, “Remember the first time I talked to Baekhyun? If it hadn’t been for me he would have been stuffed in a closet for who knows how long.”

“Okay first of all he looked like a player and secondly I know what guys are like and thirdly your boyfriend looks like a player.” He replied.

“He’s not, he’s really funny and sweet,” I laughed, “stop being jealous all the time Kai.”

“Me? Jealous? Pffft yeah right.” he said walking away to the elevator.

I sighed, he’s always like this whenever I talk to a boy, look at a boy and let alone tell him I have a boyfriend. I went back in to my dorm room.

 “Ailee!” Youngji came up and glomped me. I stumbled back and luckily I was already kind of prepared for that so I didn’t  fall down, “Congratulations, congratulations!” she started singing.

“Finally you’re debuting!” Youngji said, “Oh my god now maybe you can come on roommate with me and Jackson for season two! If you can garner enough attention of course”

“I guess it would be fun” I replied jumping onto my bed, Youngji jumping onto hers.

Jackson shuffled beside me as we all watched a movie and soon he fell asleep.

 

“How come you chose Jackson over the other guy?” Youngji said quietly.

“What other guy.” I replied.

“Don’t play dumb with me little girl, I’ve known you since forever.” she said.

“Okay, okay I’ll tell you why but I thought it would have been obvious, Kai’s a player.” I said, surprised at how down I sounded.

“Did you ever like him?” Youngji asked a few seconds later.

“Yes.” I replied.

“D…So do you still like him?” She asked.

“Of course not, I have Jackson now,” I said, “besides I’m definitely not his type and his definitely not mine.”

“So why does he care about you so much and seems so overprotective of you?” she asked.

“Well, you’ve known me since we were little Youngji, you should understand, you love and care about me but you know, not in that way.” I replied

“Oh okay, I understand you should go take a shower while the water is still hot.” she said and returned back to watching the movie.

I went to take a shower and when I came out Youngji had fallen asleep already, I turned off the lights and jumped in next to Jackson. I dug my head into his chest and I felt him pull me closer towards him but I still had a hard time going to sleep but sure enough my eyes slowly drifted close, that night I dreamt about a man sweeping me off my feet but it wasn’t Jackson, it was Kai.

I woke up the next morning to find that Jackson had left back to JYP building, I was feeling extremely drowsy but I still dragged myself to the bathroom to get ready. I picked out a nice t-shirt and a pair of shorts ready for a day of hard-work, I walked out of my room only to jump back in shock as I found Kai sleeping at the side of my door. Seriously what’s with guys sleeping at my door all the time, do they not have their own rooms.

“Kai what are you doing? Get up.” I said trying to pull him up.

“Huh what? Oh sorry I must of fallen asleep anyway I needed to ask you a question.” he said.

“And it required you to sleep here?” I asked concerned.

“Kind of, but WHY DID I SEE JACKSON LEAVING IN THE MORNING FROM YOUR ROOM?!” he asked angrily.

“Kai, it’s not a big deal we didn’t do any of the hundred things that are probably going through your head right now.” I replied still tired.

“So why did he stay overnight?” he asked suspiciously.

“He just slept in my dorm.” I said.

“So something did happen then?” he said.

“No, oh my god Kai nothing happened.” I replied annoyed, he was always like this.

He mumbled something and then we both went down to the dance room where our manager was waiting for us.

“Okay guys I’m going to assign you to your new dorm rooms now that you are officially idols,” the manager started, “first, Baekhyun, Chanyeol and Suho, Chen and Xiumin, Sehun and D.O, Lay and Tao and…” she paused.

“Oh my god Kai you’re so annoying, for crying out loud nothing happened,” I groaned, “Sorry were late manager.” 

“No actually perfect timing, now we don’t usually do this but since you’re a group the company has made an exception,” she continued, “Kai and Ailee you guys will be in one dorm from now on.”

“Oh okay, wait………… WHAT?!”


Sorry it took so long to update I really worked hard on this story and I hope you enjoy. Feel free to leave comments, subscribe, upvote etc. Your support means alot and recently I have been really busy but I should be able to deliver chapters faster now. Happy new year and may 2015 leave you in awe! :D

Possibleforme