Breath ..

Breath ..
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~ Kyuhyun's POV 

 

I stared out the window blankly , my eyes settled on the starry sky outside , although I wasn't exactly looking at the stars. I wasn't looking at anything .. I was just staring into the space .. thoughts running & passing in my mind at the speed of light.

 

She inhaled deeply , as her right arm tightened around my waist , bringing me back to reality. I moved my head so I can look at her lying there beside me , wearing my t-shirt that was extra large for her petit body , hair all messed up as well as her makeup.

 However , she still looked so peaceful as she was drowned in a deep sleep. My left hand moved slowly , and gently .. I moved away her hair a little bit so I could see her face clearer ..

I smiled when she didn't even flinch at my touch even though she's a light sleeper. How tired she must've been ? I thought.

 

I sighed as my eyes looked out the window once more . I hated that …

I hated not being able to sleep at night . I hated to feel like a little ball that's being tossed here and there by the memories , worries , and thoughts.

 

I tried everything I could , took sleeping pills , tried all relaxing methods … but nothing did well for me.

It became unbearable several times for me that I was on the breaking point. And what killed me the most was the fact that I knew the reason to my condition. The reason I wouldn't dare to admit even for myself.

 

But I knew that denying wasn't gonna solve my issue … denying that I miss him wasn't gonna erase him from my mind.

There's nothing that would make the memories become clearer in our minds than the desire to forget them. And that's what was going on with me … The more I decided to forget him … the more I died a little inside.

 

I wiped my face in frustration. And there was this burning desire inside of me to scream my heart out.

And in that moment … the phone started ringing.

 

I looked at the bedside table startled , staring at my phone that rang once more.

It was 4:00 AM. And if there was anything that I learned over the years , is that after-midnight calls aren't always the ones that would exactly carry the best news. Therefore , I was nervous.

 

My hand was shivering slightly as I slowly grabbed the phone while very carefully trying to get up. I took her arm off my waist & made her hug my pillow instead. I wouldn't wanna wake her up until I figure out what's awaiting me. And as I did so .. I thanked god millions of times that she was so exhausted to even wake up due to the ringing of the phone.

 

I walked slowly wide steps , finding my way out of the room. The only concern for me was that I wanted to answer before the call would get cut off.

As soon as I was out , I pressed the answering button.

 

"Yeoboseyeo …. " I gasped out …

But there was nothing …

"Yeoboseyeo ! who's this ?" I said again … and yet again .. no voice could be heard on the other line.

 

I wanted to hung up , thinking that it was surely a prank , or someone who's as insomniac as me just wanting to pass the time by dialing various numbers. As stupid as the second thought was .. I admit that at one point of time I actually used to do so !

 

I wanted to hang up , but something prevented me .An inner gut told me not to .. and so I didn't.

I was standing there motionless for two minutes , listening to nothing at all. And when I was finally willing to really close the phone … I heard something …

 

"Annyeong … Kyuna …."

 

All my surroundings seemed to disappear. It seemed like the time just stopped for a little while , and turned back to more than one year ago … when we were together .. me .. and him.

Damn it felt so good to hear that voice again. The voice I've been longing to hear .. but never got the balls to actually call.

 

"It's been a long time ….." He said again after what seemed to be forever.

 

Millions of thoughts were going through my head. Millions of words I've been dying to tell him. I wanted to ask how he was .. was he hurting ? was he healthy ? happy ?

 

But … I couldn't form one single , proper thing to say, as I stood there shaking from head to toe , with my hand placed above my trembling heart.

I opened my mouth again to speak , but instead of words … a broken sigh left my shivering lips.

Tears were streaming down my cheeks uncontrollably .. in a mixture of sadness , happiness , relieve , and heart-breaking.

 

I don’t even know how much time passed with me standing there holding the phone silently, before I heard another thing from the other line ..

He sighed too …

That kinda sigh he would let out after crying his guts out due to frustration. It was that kinda sigh. I knew … I just knew … he was once My Ryeowook … how could I not know every single bit about him.

 

"It was nice hearing your voice again … I gotta go …" He said … and I snapped out of my blank state.

"Wait ! wait … no ! don’t go !"

"I just wanted to hear your voice … I needed to hear your voice … anything was enough .. even just the sound of your breath was enough .. I'm sorry for disturbing you now"

 

Beep Beep Beep

 

My hand that was holding the phone swung down on my side , as heavy as I was carrying another person on my arm !

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter