Prologue

In the need of a babysitter

 

"OP-PAAAAAA!" A young girl screamed loudly after her brother returned to the waiting room. Taemin sighed and caught the girl that jumped on his lap.

"I'm back Jieun." He said silently, being too tired to have the same enthuasm as his sister had. 

"Oppa, let's go buy ice cream now, okay?" Jieun said with a wide smile. 

Unlike her brother, she had rested well. She had slept while SHINee was filming over night, and now she was full of energy again. The boys on the other hand, were extremely tired after the long working day. And tomorrow, they would fly to Japan. Right, that was the thing he hadn't told her yet. They hadn't even decided if they'd take her with them or not to.

"Hey Jieun... Oppas are all tired... Let's just head home. You can listen to music or draw if you like, but we need some sleep." Onew said calmly, trying to get the young girl understand. Unlike his expectations, the girl soon was on the verge of tears. 

"But.. But... You promised we'd get ice cream today!" She muttered quietly while pouting.

Taemin quickly glanced at his band members for help, and Key came to the rescue. 

"Jieun... Ice cream shops aren't open at night. How about... We go get some ice cream tomorrow." He said with a forced happy voice. Out of nowhere, he just held out his pinky in front of her face.

"I promise." 

"You're lying. Seven eleven is still open." She remarked and startled Key by her comment.

"Yeah, well, it's too far from the dorms." Jonghyun tried to help.

"500 meters." Jieun stated calmly.

"Too far!" Key said and moved his pinky in front of her face. Slowly, but surely, a small smile formed on Lee Jieun's face. 

"I'll remember your promise." She finally said and locked her pinky with his. Key always had a way with her. He was better at convincing her than her own brother, but Taemin didn't mind at all. Let's just say that Jieun was a bit... clingy.

"Let's go!" Jieun said and quickly grabbed Taemin's hand. She just sang her own little weird song while dragging him to their van, rest of SHINee following right after them.

 

 

 

"She's so cute, when she sleeps." Minho stated while caressing the sleeping Jieun's cheeks gently. 

"Hyung, you better not have a crush on her." Teamin warned and raised his brows. 

"Dude, I'm not a ert! She's just a child and I'm 25!" Minho protested. He had said it too loud, making Jieun stir a bit in her dream.

"Shh... Shh... Keep sleeping..." Minho cooed gently. Not many had seen this side of the great flaming charisma, but for SHINee and Jieun, this was a every day sight.

"You really think of her as your own sister, am I right?" Jonghyun suddenly asked him and Minho snapped his head to the dino's direction. 

"Yes." He simply said and others nodded in agreement.

"I'm afraid she'll throw a fit if we don't take her with us..." Taemin said with a worried tone. 

"That's right... She doesn't like being with anyone else than us.." Key muttered sadly. 

"We must take her with us." Jonghyun said. It wasn't only because she was timid with others, but because truthfully, he would miss her. He had gotten used to her presence, so it would be weird if she just... wouldn't be there.

"But we can't possibly look after her while perfoming." Onew stated. 

"We could give her a vip seat and ask one of the coordi noonas to stay with her until we're ready." Key suggested. 

"No... She won't stay still when there are things to explore." Taemin said with a heavy sigh. If he knew anything about his sister, it was her curiosity to explore places she had never been in. That had almost caused some trouble couple times before, when she had suddenly gone missing without any traces.

"But... But... We can't leave her!" Minho protested carefully not to wake her up.

"That's true.. She will never survive alone..." Taemin agreed.

"We can always hire a nanny." Onew suggested. He might have given the feeling that he didn't really care about her, but that wasn't true. He was the leader and partly her brother, so he had to think for the best of them all. That wasn't an easy job, when both parties objected his decisions.

Still, there was no way he wouldn't miss the little energy bunny, none of them would able to get away from that feeling.

"A nanny to my sister? Are you CRAZY?" Taemin asked with an agitated voice. You could never know what could happen!

"Mmhh..." Jieun groaned by the sudden loud noise. She didn't wake up, since Minho caressed her head slowly again, making her drift back to the dreamland in no time.

"Why?" Jonghyun asked quietly, curious to know what Taemin was imagining in his mind.

"What if the nanny would kidnap her? And threaten for money?" Taemin asked with widened eyes.

"Why would the nanny do that?" Onew asked. "To buy chicken?" He asked and furrowed his brows.

"No! Not chicken you idiot! Maybe the nanny is a university student that desperately needs money or... or.. The nanny's mother is so ill, that the money is needed immediately. Why wouldn't they use my little sister? I make a lot of money!" Taemin reasoned. He only received laughter by his bizarre thoughts.

"Wha-" Jonghyun started, but he bursted out laughing before he could continue saying anything. "Wha-what?" He asked after calming down.

"What? It could happen!" The cute maknae said with a small pout and crossed his arms.

"Hey Taemin, she's thirteen! I bet she can bite and kick if necessary." Key stated proudly.

"Or then she could just talk so long that the kidnapper would fall asleep or abandon her to rest his/hers ears." Minho said and produced a fit of laughter.

"Besides... Who said the nanny should be just a normal person? We do have friends capable of looking after her." Key suddenly said.

"Like who?" Onew asked.

"Well, no other than our other fellow groups! We've been on Hello Baby and so are some other bands." Key enlightened them with a proud grin.

"Ah~" was what everyone but Jieun answered. 

"So... We're going to leave her with them? But they are also busy.." Taemin said.

"Yeah, but I bet they want something refreshing and new in their boring routines." Minho said with a smirk. No way taking care of Jieun was an easy task.

"That's right. And we might have the perfect solution." Jonghyun said after grasping the situation.

"Alright, let's do that." Onew concluded and everyone cheered with heavy hearts.

 


So... How was the prologue? ^^ This is just the beginning. But soon, the chapters shall begin! Hahahaa~ And of course, you'll have to bear me ._. Good luck with that xD Please comment & subscribe! I hope you will enjoy this story!