Menboong

Altered Reality
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

I Open my eyes, my breathing became so erratic, My forehead is sweaty... I immedietly sat up at the corner of my bed, releasing a huge sigh.. another wave of nightmare came across my sleep, i took a glance at the digital clock residing at my bedside table as expected the time flashes "2:40 AM"

 

I Close my eyes once again, trying to shake the nightmare away that creep all over my sanity...

 

My Name is Lee Chaerin, 25 years old, a self confessed lesbian, a well known, respected architech all over asia, Magazines, like "TIME"  labelled me as the Queen of the Empire State Builders" mainly because from my visually, unique and richful Ideas concepts and designs, a very wealthy and modern buildings are constantly been built here in seoul and abroad.

 

If You were to ask if i got everything?, YES! I have everything, Fame, Money, Great Friends, family, Love of my life...but wait let me rephrase my statement, Ive got Fame, Money, Great Friends, Family but love of my life... not anymore..

 

I used have the best of both world, I have a wife or rather my ex wife, we were actually happy, we met back in a university in boston, where i pursued my dreams of becoming an architect, She was a license Civil Engineer but decided to be a full pledge housewife by the time we got married in New York...

 

I thought she was Happy, that I made her Happy.. but one day  after a year of i though a fairy tale marriage ...i went home and find out she left me...and that Day... My nightmare Begins...

 

I Decided to grab some fresh air, as i felt that my head were about to explode along with my chest because of  so much pain as my mind starts to replay everything on that fateful dawn... I went out of my unit, thinking to ride an elevator heading to a place i called heaven, a place that every corner of it understands me....as i was about to press the button of the lift, i held back and redirect my footsteps toward the fire exit stairs... i live on the 24th floor, it will took me 6floors before i could reach at my paradise, but who cares , at this hour i wanna exhaust  myself, i took  my time to climb up until i reach my niche, panting heavily, i was exhausted...

 

Ive gather my strenght to push the door that was right infront of me, making my way at the entrance of the condominiums rooftop,  yes this is my piece of heaven, i went up here whenever i needed to clear my head, or a fresh air to breath,  as my head popped out of the door, scanning the place as i made myself in ...

 
right there and then .... my eyes got widen....
 

 

"OH no!!! NO!!! NO!!, God! pls dont! Miss no!!!!!"  i run towards the direction of the petite girl whom i noticed standing right at the edge of the roof top, motioning to jump out of the bldg. Utilizing the remaining strenght i had, I grabbed her small waist as fast as i could!...

"I got you!, Thank Goodness, I got you!!! just right on time... your safe!" I bluntly said, my body were trembling.. holding her tightly more like squeezing her. She was resisting trying to let go of my tight grip, finally with all her might she was able to free herself from my now loosened force...

 

"what are you trying to do!!! why did you stop me!!!???" she said. I want to die!"  the girl slumpt on the floor in tears, i dont know but for some unknown reasons i felt the urge to comfort her, i drew myself nearer unto her slump myself too and hugged her. "Miss whatever it is that u've been experiencing at this particular moment, ending your life is never an answer" I told her, while tilting her head up, she looked at me, with her face drowning in tears, i wiped them immedietly with my bare hands, God' she is beautiful my mind speaks of its own, under the moonlit i can see how pale her skin was, how goddess like she was amidst  of her sad eyes... "Please miss dont do it" I said sounding like more of begging, Her sobs begins to lose its intensity, her breathing sounded normally, she sigh and managed to release a slight smile , she then opened and speak "Thank You" she finally utter.

 

Im Lee Chaerin, I said. But you can call me chae, i live at unit 2432...and you are?..." I added intending to know her name.

 

"D...ara" she stutter... I just nod .. 'Come.. i lead you to your unit, which floor is yours by the way?" I asked. she tilt her head down and judging by the sound of her voice shes starts to cry, "I am lost chae.. i dont know where i live, nor remember i have family.. ive been wandering around here without knowing where to go.. thats the reason why i wanted to end my life.. She revealed, i was caught by surprise, a sudden thug in my heart can be felt, i feel like my world had shuttered as well..

 

"Well, if you like.. you can stay at my place while youre still figuring out your true identity" i offered, surprisingly.. i am the type of person who doesnt give a damn about people, i dont even entertained friends at  home since my wife left me.. but Dara here is different, i cant explain why... she looked at me in disbelief.. "Are you sure Chae? You... d..ont even know me.." she said with hesitation. I smile and nod, " and you dont even know yourself either. i joke, she smile and God knows how beautiful her smile is, it took my breath away. "lets try to unvail yourself together then" i added. 

"Shall we?, i offered my hand in aid for her to stand up, she did, then we walk hand in hand.

 

I started to live again, eversince i met Dara, i begin to see thing wonderfully, my passion towards work came back, nightmares never once again showed up, my friends noticed it even my family, my mom once said while we were talking over the phone, "You sounded like different now chaerin," i did! i am happy ... as days passes by, i begin to realized that i have fallen for DAra, so one night i came home with a bouquet of roses on my hand, i reveal my inner feelings, i propose and a week after she move in at my room, Officially we are a couple.

 

-taeyang and jiyong-

"Hey Archi, lets go out tonight, its been a hell of a month, now that we finish a project why dont we celebrate lets have a few drinks"  My 2 bestfriends invited me, Jiyong is an architect and taeyang is an engineer, we're bussiness partners. I looked at them brieftly then returned my eyes back at my things , shoving everything inside my back, "I cant, Dara is waiting for me.." I said without looking at them... "You know what you always used Dara as an alibi but you never introduce us to her" Jiyong said "I agree with jiyong here, why dont you take us to your house instead lets have a few drinks there, so we could meet your lady love" Taeyang suggested

I smile at them and shook my head "No, not today, ill introduce her to you guys when shes ready" I said while i motioned myself to go out, but The  two blocked my way " Tell me chae, are you trying to hide Dara to us afraid that one of us might snatch Dara away from you?" Both teasingly said, I push them away and head to the parking area where my car was park. 

 

As soon as I arrived at my Unit  " Baby.. Baby Im Home!!"  i called dara, but it was  Minzy who went out from her room, "Unnie your home, have you eaten?"  She asked "No i havent eaten yet, where is Dara? did she ate already?"  Minzy did not answered my query, instead she went to the kitchen and  prepare a plate on the dining table, a glass , a pair of  utensils, i sigh noticing what she's been doing "Minzy, how many times did i tell you that you should prepare two plates, two, glasses and 2 pairs of utensils? ha?, no wonder why dara doesnt want to mingle w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter