Thank You, Fishy

Back Hug

September 30th of 2014.

 

That day was a nightmare not just for sones, but also for SNSD. If there is one person who was mostly devastated on the said date, it would be no other than SNSD's Ice Princess, Jessica Jung. She was ready to fly with the rest of the girls to China for their fanmeeting, hours after her arrival from New York. She resorted to her Weibo account to tell the fans what happened and it sure made the sones cry in anger and mostly in sadness. The eight other members went to the airport with a heavy heart, trying to hide their sadness and swollen eyes.

 


Jessica was alone in her apartment. Krystal is currently busy with her drama, while her parents are back home in SF. She was all alone. She cried thinking of the 7 years that she spent as a trainee. She remembered those times that she felt scared because the others who trained for a shorter period than her already got to debut. She remembered praying and praying for her to debut as a performer. After almost 8 years, her hard work finally paid off. She remembered their debut days. She remembers everything like it all happened yesterday. Everyone knew how hardworking Jessica is. Going onstage and still performing even she knew that her body needed rest. Because of this, she was often hospitalized. Only a week after being discharged, it's time for her to work again. All she wanted was to see sones happy. "Damn it Jessica. You look like a mess," said the girl when she passed by the mirror. She only stared at her own reflection with her tear-stained face. "14 years of hard work, all gone to waste." She only nodded and smiled bitterly, then went back to bed. All she did today was lay around, refusing to eat due to her lack of appetite. Her phone just kept buzzing because of the messages that she's recieving.

 

Mom: Jessi, what are you doing right now?

Mom: Have you eaten?

Mom: Are you sleeping? Your dad and I are worried.

Mom: Jessi, don't forget to eat. I love you.

Krystal: Jess do you want me to come over?

Krystal: Jess, mom said that you're not replying to her messages.

Krystal: Unnie, please talk to me :( say something.

Dad: Jessica, I know that you're a strong girl. Take care, sweetie.

 

Her phone was flooded with messages from her family. It was already two in the afternoon and she started scrolling through her phone for news. SM Entertainment already released a statement. "Surprise, surprise," her choking voice came out. She was ready to cry herself to sleep, when she thought she heard footsteps. "I'm starting to hear things. I'm just gonna sleep again," with that, she closed her eyes and fell asleep in less than five minutes.

 


"She hasn't changed the code." The person only smiled after saying those words. The person walked in and went straight to the kitchen to drop the bags that were being carried. It all contained food. "Where could she be? The place looks untouched, but her suitcase is here." The person went to the suitcase that was in the living room, taking as a sign that Jessica was already here. The person wandered around the apartment for a bit before deciding to enter Jessica's room. Twisting the doorknob, and the door finally opened. "Yep, I was right. I actually can't blame her now. I know she wants to sleep now and think that this is just a bad dream. I'm talking to myself loudly again," the person said while using a hushed tone, afraid to wake her up. "Jessica," saying her name while gently tapping her again and again. "Sica, Sica."

 


"Sica," she woke up, but her eyes were still closed. She recognized the voice that was calling her and trying to wake her. "What?" Her whole body was still turned back at him and eyes still closed. He only went under the covers with her and hugged her from behind. With that, he pulled her closer to him and hugged her tight. "Ya, pabo bada. You're ruining my sleep." Her voice was so low, hinting sadness and tiredness. "Sorry, babe," Donghae kissed her hair after that. She turned to face him but her eyes were still close. She slowly opened her swollen eyes and met his gaze.

"Hae," she said while carressing his face.

"Shh. You don't have to say anything." 

She burried her face in his chest and cried. He her back continuously, letting her cry her heart out. After crying for quite some time, Donghae only felt her breathing normally, sleeping in a deep slumber. "I'm praying that one day, everything will turn out fine." He kissed her forehead and fell asleep after a few minutes, still not letting go of the girl beside him.

 


Donghae and Jessica are both sleepyheads. Everyone in their respective groups know about that fact. It was Donghae who was the first to wake up though. After washing his face and brushing his teeth, he went straight to the kitchen and prepared breakfast for two. He thought of cooking bacon and pancakes for today. Donghae went to Jessica's room after half an hour to wake her up.

"Sica, breakfast is ready." No response was recieved from her. "Here's that difficulty again."

"Sica, wake up."

"Jessica, there's bacon."

"Wake up, pretty Sica."

"You're gonna eat cold pancakes."

Still no response. He was left with no choice. This is the most effective way to wake up Jessica Jung. He went near her ear and spoke. "Jessica, wake up you peed in your sleep and Donghae's coming in 10 minutes." Yep, he was right. She opened her eyes instantly and jumped out of bed.

"WHATTHEHELLWHYDIDN'TYOUTELLMEEARLIERIT'SFR-," she stopped herself from screaming early in the morning and stood there when she realized that Donghae was actually there and smiling at her. "WHAT THE HECK, HAE! THAT WASN'T FUNNY!" She grabbed her pillow and threw it at him. He only chuckled and stood up.

"Breakfast is ready, princess."

"Bu-"

"No buts. You're gonna eat."

"Fine. I'll just go to the bathroom. I'll be right out."

 


After eating breakfast, Jessica insisted on washing the dishes, but Donghae wouldn't let her. Since she knew that she won't win against him, she went to the living room and stood in front of the window. She only stared outside while crossing her arms. He went to her after washing the dishes, and while Jessica was looking outside with things crossing her mind, she felt a pair of arms that enveloped her in a back hug. She closed her eyes and breathed deeply while leaning her head back to let it rest at the crook of his neck while he kissed her hair. No words were needed for the two to communicate with each other. Jessica's closed her eyes which were slowly filling up with tears again. She let those tears fall and Donghae didn't stop her from doing so. He tightened his hug and broke the silence. "I hate seeing you like this, but I know it's harder to bottle it up." She turned around to face him, then cupped his face in her hands and looked at his eyes. "I guess all I needed were your back hugs," she smiled for the first time, then continued. "Thank you, fishy." "I know, it always worked," he smiled back at her and with a boasting reply. She finally giggled for the first time. "This fish. I love you." "And I love you too." With that, their lips touched sweetly, then hugged after pulling away.