Chapter One

강아지 [puppy]

Yawn.

You stretch your arms out, sitting upright on you bed. You were awakened by the trickle of sunlight through your window. Collapsing on your bed, you sigh.

"Aishhhh..." You rub your eyes and then proceed to roll off your bed. The floor had a soft carpet, so it didn't hurt to land. You get to your feet and check the time.

8:00 A.M.

You groan, changing into some decent clothing before you head to the kitchen to make breakfast.

--

You placed your dirty dishes into the kitchen sink just as you heard a light rap on your front door. Blinking, you brush it off as your imagination. But you hear another rap on your door, slightly louder than the first. You almost trip as you scramble to the front door, wondering who it might be knocking.

You peep through the peephole, but you don't see anything--it was pitch black. Furrowing your eyebrows in confusion, you open the door slowly, cautiously peeking out.

A large cardboard box sits in front, holes poked into the sides. Faint sounds of shuffling could be heard from inside it. You take it, curiously. Using your foot to kick the door closed, you carry the box to the living room, where you place it onto the coffee table and lift the tabs so that you could see its contents.

Six adorable puppies, each one a different breed, were pushing and shoving at each other inside of the box. A small white piece of paper was taped on the inside of the box, names, breed of puppy, and dates that you assumed to be birthdays written neatly on it. It read.

N: black lab, June 30

Leo: husky, November 10

Ken: cocker spaniel, April 6

Ravi: pitbull, February 15

Hongbin: long-haired chihuahua, September 29

Hyuk: chow-chow, July 5

You smiled and looked at each of the six puppies.

N was playfully biting Leo, while the latter seemed not to care. A rambunctious Ken piled on top of both of them, yipping as he did. Hongbin and Hyuk were play wrestling while Ravi seemed to be like a referee. The puppies played around in their confined space, making you worry.

"Aigoo... How long have you been in this box?" you asked them. Although you weren't expecting a response, all of them stop their playing and look at you. A voice in your head chirps, "Don't worry about us, noona~!" You see Hyuk, the chow-chow, wink at the same time. You were about to yell "what" when your front door opened up.

'Crap, I forgot my brother lives here also...'

 

---

 

Ahh here you guys go! The first chapter… aish doing this on a phone is hard