6:00

I'm Alive

 

It's been an hour or so since the question haven't left the mind of the brunette girl. The scene where Krystal stormed off, quickly making her way up the stairs, leaving her desolated in the living room. It was just after a few words spoken and the younger latter sped past her, and escaping the view. Sulli didn't know why, but more importantly why Krystal was suddenly asking this prestigious question? The non existent words pounded against her head as if creating a never ending headache. Just as the blonde's mouth opened to speak, it seemed Sulli somewhat knew where it was headed. And she didn't want to hear it. 

"What am I?" 

Sulli had thought about for minutes, but soon hours fled by, leaving her to  no end with it. She didn't know how to answer. Rolling in circles in her chair, she prayed for a reasonable answer to give her without hurting the girl. 

That was impossible. 

Even if she tired, the words would come out stuttering, more less untruthful. And Krystal would easily pick out the lie from the truth. Answering it may seem easy, but Sulli had to cautious enough not to break the fragile latter. The answer would not be pretty. 

The clicking of a clock was the only sound in her room. A monotonous ticking at each second, a tap of her foot went along, creating an unreasonable beat. The smallest things distracted her, but the unanswered question came flooding back. Sulli clutched her aching head, groaning in much of a displeasure, before sitting back up straight. A ballpoint pen came between her slim fingers as she began to write in her notebook which filled of numerous pages that stuck out. As she wrote, it became tiring and useless, so she leaned forward. Pressing the side of her face on the table, her eyelids fell shut, drifting to sleep. 

-

-

-

-

"Mom!" A little girl with long brown hair that cascaded down, came running over to open door, where her mother stood. The older figure dropped her bag, heaving the little girl up in her arms."I missed you," the brunette breathed out as she pressed herself closer to the crook of the woman's neck. 

"I missed you too Sulli," she would reply, back with a soft smile. Sulli would look up to her mother's warming smile, before giving one of her own. The young woman would chuckle lightly with an eye smile Sulli would always see. The medicine to her sadness. 

"How was your day?" 

This was her daily question. Her mother would ask each day as she came back from her endless day of work. Simply Sulli would shrug adding in a few words. 

"It was okay mom." 

"I see. Why was it okay?" The picked up girl would be carried over to the long couch. Setting her down, the woman seated herself down. 

"It's just that...dad wouldn't spend time with me," just as always a frown was placed upon her lips, shoulders dropped down. Sulli would sink in lower of the couch, saddened at the moment. 

"You know he's busy-"

"I know he's busy, you always tell me that, but wouldn't he have time to spend time with me?" Sulli had finally asked, the curiosity of her father's being, dwelling, and work. 

What was he doing?

Her mother would sigh; lips pressing together as she sought to find a way. "I'll talk to him tonight, okay Sulli?" The little girl nodded, a smile returning at an instant. 

"Okay!" 

"Who's hungry?" She would push herself off the couch, rushing over to her mother. 

"Me!" Sulli would wave her hand, trying grab her attention. The young woman would laugh at her daughter's excitement at the sound of the word 'food'. 

 Crouching down, the mother would pat the little girl's head as they walked side by side. "I guess I'll be making your favorite," a smile was put on the older one's face. 

"Sandwiches?" Sulli questioned with tint of curiosity in her voice. Her mother nodded, adding in a thumbs up. 

"You're correct Sulli." 

Sulli gave a little hop, before squeezing her mother with light a hug. "Thanks mom!" 

"You're welcome," the woman replied with a ruffle of the little girl's brown hair. "Just wait, I'll get them done in a few, okay?" 

"Okay." 

 

 


Sulli found herself rubbing her tired eyes as her mother tucked her in bed after dinner. The blanket was pulled up, just the right amount. A pillow right underneath her head while woman gingerly pecked her forehead with a whisper. 

"Goodnight dear." 

The little brunette had her eyes closed by then, sleep overpowering her now gone consciousness. Hearing the light snores, the older one made a step back as she stepped out the dim room with a slight creaking of the closing door. How little did Mrs. Choi know that her daughter her stayed awake listening to her quiet movements down the staircase. 
  
And the loud argument that heated on after a while later. Sulli cringed at the voices that shouted in the area beneath her. A shaking feeling in the pit of her stomach, following along with a scrunching of eyebrows. The two people underneath, which seemed to be her mother and father, shouted back and forth. The voices rising higher at each sentence, before a loud slap went echoing in vast house. 

Silence. 

Sulli managed to crack her eyes open, shivering in the blankets, wondering the outcome. Her breath shaky, she shut her eyes closed, rolling to opposite side of her door. Nothing but her hair sprawled out as she buried herself deeper in the blue sheets. Ears were covered, wanting not to hear the angry voices once more. Silently, Sulli whispered to herself repeatedly, over and over. 

"It's going to okay." 

Moments later, darkness clouded as her eyes dropped down from the lack of energy. The words she had told herself seemed to be an alluring spell, drawing her to sleep. It was as if she had thought everything was going to be okay. 

As if. 

-

-

-

-

An abrupt sound awakened Sulli's slumber. A clutter of sounds clashing together like pots and pans being hit repeatedly, but it wasn't. It was merely the painful ringing in her ears. Pounding headache went along with it and a nauseous swirling in her stomach. Barely able to concentrate, the dream stayed lingering; a painful memory to remember, but it always found a way to come back. Angered at the reoccurring memory in a dream, a pen made its way flung over to back of the room. Sulli's eyes hazy, managed to make out the numbers on the ticking clock. 

6:00

She peeled herself from the uncomfortable position of sleeping, leaning down on a desk. Bones popping at the sudden movement of her body, with a stretch. A sigh escaped her lips while she forced her painful body off the chair. Her feet dragged along the polished wooden floor as she made her way down the stairs. They were slow steps, a groggily feeling washing through her. 

"I feel like ," Sulli mumbled, fingers brushing the knotted hair.  Her hand glided along the cabinets as she sought for a capsule. "Second cabinet, second shelf," she chanted to herself with her eyes moving up and down. Her hand stopped at a cabinet on the left, opened it, then reached for tiny capsule filled numerous pills. 

Painkillers. 

The tiny bottle was lifted up, but set down immediately. 

"Oh great," Sulli grumbled out between the bleeding of her nose. Her hand felt the sticky wet substance which seemed to never stop. Flowing like water, the blood poured down from one nostril, but luckily not the other. She lurched over to a paper towel roll which had been sitting on the marble counter. Ripping a piece she created a small roll to stop the bleeding. Quickly she lodged the piece in, temporarily stopping it. 

Profanities slipped out with a roll of her eyes. Annoyed at the sudden bleeding of her nose, she again reached for the capsule. Taking it off the second shelf, her fingers perfectly wrapped around it. It was brought down to her eye level. In a swift motion, the cap popped off landing on the counter. Two pills dropped out. And she consumed. 

One. 

Two. 

Then it closed. She had the urge to take another, but forcefully shook off the addiction. Carefully, she placed the capsule where it belonged previously. The cabinet closed shut, and she turned around to head out. 

But there stood the raven haired girl. 

Sulli froze at the sight, her hands trembling, thinking of what to say. "H-hey."

Krystal let the greeting slip over, "do have an answer now?" 

Sulli's head moved down, her eyes gazed upon the kitchen floor. Her fingers tapped in a beat on the counter, before stopping. 

"Yes...but look, I don't understand why you would be asking this question." 

"Wouldn't you too, if you're being used as a lab rat," Krystal hissed out, her voice seeming to be acid. 

"I-I guess, I would too. But just listen to me. Krystal you're a person, and you know that," Sulli complied with her fingers running through her brown locks. "There...question answered." 

Her head shook in denial, her eyes losing its sense of spark. Krystal was losing herself at the simplest question which seemed to bury her deeper and deeper in insanity. Sulli knew. Krystal was believing no longer she was an average being, but a test subject. 

An object. 

"Krystal...Krystal," Sulli said, her voice gently swooning, "listen to me please." She walked closer to the girl with the frustrated expression plastered on her face. 

Krystal shook her head again, "stop lying to me." 

Those words struck Sulli, stopping her tracks. "I'm not lying." She took another step forward. Her hands brought over to Krystal who had kept her head hung low. Cupping the face of the fragile one, Sulli leaned in. "And I'll prove it to you." 

Tensing of her muscles, Krystal felt the hot breath of the brunette hitting her lips. She felt herself shiver slightly at feeling and warmth rising. And the tall girl's lips parted once more to speak. A stern, but gentle look remained on her face, soothing the younger girl. 

"Even though I've got tissue stuffed up my nose, looking like an idiot...I know what I'm doing." Sulli's hand drew out, wishing for Krystal to hold onto, to interlace their fingers. And quietly, Sulli whispered out the words she had always told herself. 

"It's going to be okay." 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: 
Sorry, please excuse my grammar mistakes and the confusion this chapter may giver you. I was writing this in such a blur. Oh, thanks a lot for the comments and subscriptions.