Painkillers

I'm Alive

She remembered it perfectly. Every movement and each detail was stitched into her brain. It was like a movie that repeated over and over. It as if someone clicked the replay button reaptedly until the scene was forever engraved into their mind. 

It was something Krystal had not wished to remember, but it came flooding back each and every night. When she closed her eyes, and drifted off to sleep, the memory would start playing in her head. Figures would appear, that were soon to be known as her parents. And she hated that. 

Especially when their voices rang in her ears. 

It wasn't that she disliked her parents, it was how her last memory of them was death. 

The memory was not a pretty memory. It started off like a dream, as if she was in world everything where couldn't be better. There would be, somewhat of a brief pause in the middle, before she would find herself upside in a car. Blood would be coursing down her head. Her vision becoming hazy at each second. Her body, unresponsive. 

Then, came the last scene where she would find her parents unconscious, with a sticky red substance covering them. Her sight failing her at the last minute, her brain shutting down, with darkness clouding her vision. That's how her so called memory or dream always ended. 

 

Krystal opened her eyes, insomnia catching up to her. Her body turned over to the side, her eyes drifting over to the digital clock. 

3:00 am. 

She sighed, her eyes staying glued on the time, as if that was the most interesting object. 

Object. 

She had always disliked the word; object. Ever since her little accident, she found herself waking up at the hospital bed. 

The bright light nearly blinding her. Her body felt incredibly numb, but she could still feel stiches that ran along the side of her head. She noticed the scars that traveled all over body, permenantly.

Squinting through the bright lights, she had found a man, with a gentle smile along his lips. Her sight had still been a little hazy, but good enough to make the figure. 

He was tall, and man with broad shoulders. She had soon began to know that he was, Mr. Choi. A father a of one daughter and single at the moment. 

Krystal had always thought of him as the father that everyone would have wanted to have. 

But oh how she was wrong. 

Her perspective on the man had changed throughout the years. His smiles turned into frowns. His tone became careless. His efforts on talking to her, stopped. Well, she blamed herself too. 

 He always came with a series of doctors that planted tests and medication on her. They forced her take antibiotics, medication, pills and vaccines. She had pushed them away at first, but later she had cared less. 

She had become a mere object to them. Something to test on, and use for their cause. And all together she had given up. 

 

Krystal snapped back into reality upon hearing footsteps click into her room. Her eyes adverted away from the doorway, and again to the digital clock. 

8:00 am. 

How long had she been daydreaming?

The footsteps became louder at each step, while echoing in the hallway. The door had opened, and it followed with a man. 

Mr. Choi. 

As he entered her white room, Krystal narrowed her eyes. She got up from the white sheeted bed, and cringed when he flicked on the lights. 

A headache followed with a groan escaping her lips. 

"Headache?" He started off, questioning the girl in front of him. 

Kryst didn't bother to answer; he already knew it. 

He pulled up a chair, dragging it over to the side of her bed, plopping down. "Krystal," he sighed, "just get ready to go home." She stared into his eyes, before speaking. 

"I don't have a home."

The man sighed once more, before getting up from him seat. He walked out of the room, the heels of his shoes clicking against the tiled floor. 

He came back soon to Krystal's dismay. In his possession he had a capsule filled with pills. He simply, threw it gently for the girl to catch. 

Krystal leaned over, obtaining the tiny capsule. "What is this?" 

"Painkillers." 

 

Krystal found herself in the front of the car; the passenger seat. She let out a breath, shivering at the cold. Pressing herself against her coat, she felt drowsy. Giving a sniff, she looked over at the side, seeing Mr. Choi handling the driver's wheel. 

"Don't worry Krystal, you and my daughter, Sulli are going to get along just fine." 

Krystal scoffed, "As if. I bet she's just like you. " He raised a brow. 

"Really? I thought she was more like her mother."

"If you're planning to make me like her, well it's not going to work," Krystal replied in annoyance at his arrogance. "Just shut up and drive." 

And he did. 

The whole ride was a bore, and Krystal couldn't be more happy to see his house. Her eyes widen at the scene. 

It was huge. 

"You live here?" She pointed to the mansion, her face in pure shock. He simply nodded, heading out of his black Mercedes. The doors opened on both sides as Krystal and Mr, Choi stepped out.

They traveled up the few steps that ran along in the front of the mansion. Her breath faltered at the magnifence of the house. 

She had never seen anything like this. 

The door opened as he placed the key into its proper place. As the door swung open, they followed in. The place was perfect. 

Krystal stepped in amazed, taking off her coat in process, leaving the man behind. Dropping it, she walked along the hallways, before stopping at the kitchen. 

A female figure stood, her eyebrows furrowing at the sight of Krystal. 

"Who are you?" 

"I-I'm Krystal Jung," she stuttered at her introduction, completely flustered.

"Oh right, I remember, my dad was bringing home a patient and that's you right?" Krystal nodded, her gaze still fixated upon the figure. "Well I'm Sulli." 

She was the definition of perfect. She had brown hair that cascaded down, her legs that could go on for miles, and the most beautiful eye smile. 

"Sulli," it rolled off her tongue perfectly, "nice to meet you." 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: Hey, sorry for the late update. Anyway thanks for the subscriptions and comments. And here's a really slow paced first chapter. Sorry, about the grammar mistakes too. 

Don't forget to subscribe and comment. 

Thanks.