Fluky meeting

Guy Behind the Camera

A substantial grin framed his oral cavity and the expression on his face displayed untainted delight. He brought his pointing finger close to his mouth, “Quiet, before they know your whereabouts.” Happily, he popped in the keys, starting the engine of the car.

 

Shocked Jiyong speedily impeded the younger’s hands from reaching out for the steering wheel. “I don’t know who you are, your motive, or why I’m here,” He persisted, “For all I know you could scheming to take away my organs and sell them in the black market.” He doubted, mistrustful of the idea of having the parts of his body cut chopped and sold for money.

 

The younger sniggered, “You’re just as cute as I thought you would be,” Jiyong cringed in terror. “I knew it. Stalker, aren’t you? I’m out of here.” He stretched out his hands for the door handle, but before he succeeded in doing so, the foreign hand rammed them away.

 

“Down the street are the crazy fangirls who can track you down easily if you step out of my car,” He counselled, widening his eyes to convince Jiyong. “I’ll drive you to your house, you can trust me.” Smiling before continuing, “I’ve been a fan of yours for quite some time. I won’t hurt you, or put your organs up for sale,” He laughed. “Not only you’re a handsome one, somewhat a jokester.”

 

Jiyong expanded his eyes in incredulity. “You pulled me into your car and now you’re driving me home when I don’t even know who you are? Do you anticipate me to do as you impel?” He spat out, hands reaching for the door handle again. “Um, actually, I do. Because I can bring those fangirls up to date of where you are, effortlessly, and you’ll have a tough time dealing with them.” Seungri drew out his phone, tapping some things on the screen.

 

“I found Jiyongie oppa, come down at street—“

 

“You sly slimebucket. I will sue you of ual harassing me.” Jiyong cut off the younger’s words by snatching away his phone, keeping it close to his chest. “Your company’s reputation will be scarred, then? Headline: Songwriter from YG Ent. Kwon Jiyong was ually harassed by a man.” He smirked. “And not to mention, the president of your company will tick off like a bomb before explosion for being careless.”

 

“Come again? Aren’t you scared of being sued? I was wholly serious when I said I will bring you to the court.” Jiyong threatened, obtaining another smirk from the stranger. “I know you won’t do that, ever. Surrender, oppa. I’ll keep you save and send you home.”

 

“Don’t tell a not so funny shaggy dog story with me. How can I trust you, when you give off creepy vibes? You took pictures of me and I’m persuaded that you are one of those girls who pursue me wherever I go.”

 

“Hmm, I’m not a girl, and yes I do admit to the following you around part.”

 

“See, how can you trust someone you just met?”

 

“The fact that you’re sitting in my car, talking to me, isn’t that trust?”

 

“Excuse me? This is all too much for me to take in. Do your thing—that doesn’t involve revealing where I am, while I hunt for god’s mercy.” Jiyong shut his eyes tightly, eliminating all the thoughts away, clearing his mind.

 

“Suit yourself, handsome oppa.” Seungri shrugged. He fished out his camera and took shots of what his camera displayed on the screen, updating the fansite he ran. “So good looking,” He smiled to himself contently and turned to look at the meditating guy next to him. “Oppa, your side profile is perfection, today must be my lucky day.”

 

As the unfamiliar guy reached out to feel the flawlessness of Jiyong’s jaw line between his fingers, Jiyong swatted away those shameless hands. “I really cannot trust you. For real, I’m going.”

 

Seungri chortled. “Are you sure?” He leered playfully. The ear-splitting noise about 10 feet away from where they were had not yet fell into a tranquillity and if Jiyong were reveal himself, it almost seemed like he was asking the lord to put him into a deep . “You’re weird, you know that?” He remarked, giving a momentary look at the younger male.

 

“Isn’t everyone?”

 

“In the sense of… why are you not freaking out at the verity that you are with me? Didn’t you say you are a fan of mine?”

 

“Probably because I actually see you a lot. Plus, you won’t feel as comfortable as you are right now if I was to fan-boy.”

 

“Comfortable you say? Comfortable my foot.”

 

“Oppa, enough of arguing. Just let me send you home, I promise I won’t bring you anywhere else but your home, building number 65, if I’m not mistaken.”

 

Jiyong’s originally-pretty-slanted eyes amplified again as a reflex of shock, surprised that the strange boy knew where he lived. “That’s even creepier, you know where I live. Oh god…” He rubbed hard at his bulging temples. “Payback for skipping so many days of church? God do you hate me?”

 

“Or you can drive the car, if you still don’t trust me, my name’s Seungri anyway. Lee, Lee Seungri.” An amiable smile played on Seungri’s lips as he pulled out the keys, ready to give it to Jiyong. “What if you pull out a knife to kill me when I drive? What have I gotten myself into?”

 

Torn between running off from the fanboy and will probably get mashed by the crazier fangirls, or accept the offer and go home safely. “Give me your address, so that I can sue you if anything bad happens.” Jiyong demanded, pulling out his phone and tapping open the note application. Seungri giggled, “How about I text you my address?” The older of the two rolled his eyes at the lame trick.

 

“Kid, I know what you’re tryna pull. Not gonna happen, u’uh.”

 

Seungri let out another chortle, “I’ll give to you later, but I really won’t cause calamity, catastrophe, trouble and the synonyms to those words, to you.”

 

“You can never trust people. Once, in elementary school, my so called friend ruptured my crayons when she said she wouldn’t.”

 

“That’s awful, was she responsible for the mess?”

 

“Here comes the sad part… she said she would buy bigger and more colourful ones for the lost set, she never did, she transferred away.”

 

Jiyong in his lips sourly at the tart memories of his elementary sch— how could he be so comfortable of speaking about these insignificant moments with an absolute stranger, no, more like a fan who could have the motives of kidnapping him? From what he’d seen on TV screens, the kid he was stuck with had a serial killer qualities, or at least to Jiyong, he does.

 

He emitted a long sigh.

 

“Exchange seats, I’m driving.” He commanded, wanting to reach home and sort himself out of this mess as soon as possible, too many things were being thrown and his mind was no longer in its correct state.

 

Hit the road they did.

 

Soon, serenity laid down in the motioning car. Only the sound of the air-conditioning wheezing away was visible to the ears, and the noise manufactured by the friction between the wheels and the road. Other than that, they fell into an aggregate silence—the not-so-awkward one, the kind that you appreciate each other’s company.

 

Uncanny, Jiyong thought.

 

He was at ease, though some time ago, he was extremely paranoid; that the kid would drive him somewhere or in easier words, abduct him. How could that be?

 

He pondered to himself.  Jiyong gave Seungri a momentary look, finding the guy resting his chin on top of his palm, eyes staring into the dark blurry distance ahead of them.

 

Unearthing the stillness, Jiyong cleared his throat and settled on lobbing questions. “Seungri? What do you do in your free time?”

 

Seungri turned to look at the guy in his dreams, before responding in a glad voice, “Mostly, I follow you around,” he paused to laugh. “Other times, I take wedding photos.”

 

“Why do you do that?” Jiyong made a right turn at the traffic light. He was all smiles, because he knew his home was just 5 minutes drive now and the undeniably long and off the rocker day would end soon, so the very much and he could finally fall into a deep sleep.

 

“Wedding photos? Well, unlike you, I am not rich and I have to support myself.”

 

Jiyong rolled his eyes. “Panda looking kid, I was asking about why you follow me around.”

 

Seungri took a bather before coming up with a riposte.

 

“Because it’s you?”

 

“And your point is?”

 

Seungri rubbed his chin, searching for a better way to explain. “Seeing you makes me happy, that kind of thing. I can’t explain and you won’t understand.” He clarified in a calm tone. “See this bruise right here?” Seungri rolled up his sleeve and showed a cut that was losing its colour, healing away. “That’s a cut.”

 

“Not the highlight, but I got this yesterday. Another fansite people pushed me.” He spelt out bitterly, caressing the scarred area on his arm. “Anyway,” He switched the topic. “I have been waiting for so long to get this close to you, but why am I not as excited as I should be? This is weird, is my love for you fading away? Oh no..”

 

“Good luck figuring that out. Good night, Panda boy.” Jiyong parked the car at an empty parking lot, the one that had no one walking on the pavement next to it. Hurriedly, he hopped off the car and hurry scurried to the apartment building, not wanting anyone to catch him.

 

“Oppa wait! Your beanie!”

 

***

 

“You’re saying you drove a stranger’s car home?”

 

Jiyong guzzled down his nonexistent saliva, mouth getting dry from the nervousness. The president of his company, Mr. Yang, was sitting on a couch across him, wearing a blank expression and crossing his legs.

 

“Mr. Kwon Jiyong, were your brain and sense flying out of their cages inside your head? Leaving your mind empty?”

 

“That you couldn’t even think of the consequences that both you and I will face?”

 

“Did you put your common sense at your feet when you made the decision?”

 

“Are you trying to end your career?”

 

“Do you hold feelings of resentment towards me, that you’re doing something to disfigure my company?”

 

Jiyong looked down at the clean floor.  Candidly, he didn’t think he would get caught. He thought he was vigilant enough, scurrying into the apartment building the moment he got out of the kid’s car. He mentally cursed himself for being so slapdash.

 

“Mhmm,” A smile crept up Mr. Yang’s face as he stepped out of his favourite bakery, holding a purple plastic bag containing jelly rolls and kaya buns in it. Gleefully, he inhaled the steam from the freshly baked goods and sparks appeared in his eyes. “I haven’t been able to eat you for so long…”

 

He pulled out the plastic wrapped kaya bun and began to peel off the wrap. “Screw calories, if I’m going to gain weight, I will. Whatever I do is a success anyway.” He told himself in an exultant manner and embarked on taking small bites.

 

Mr. Yang chose to walk along the least busy route home, frankly, the most embarrassing way of being spotted by the paparazzi is when you’re happily eating a kaya bun. So he did, guardedly chewing on the steaming hot bun while his watchful eyes looked for the signs of any paparazzi(s).

 

It wasn’t long until his guarded eyes caught someone proverbial inside a foreign white Porsche. “Seven? Cannot be, he’s in the army’s. Who’s that?” He squinted his eyes to get a closer look.

 

Much to his shock, one of his artist walked out of the car, looking around sneakily and dashed inside the apartment building.

 

“Kwon. I’ll have his head. Jiyong.” Mr. Yang bit the last portion of the steamed bun fumingly.   

 

“Luck is on your side because it was only me who saw that. Or else… I don’t know how I’m going to cover up the scandal.” Mr. Yang softened his tone, eyeing his company’s breadwinner who had clouds of depression hanging above his lowered head. “I scold you because I worry about you.”

 

Jiyong moved his head up and down several times, a sign to show that he perfectly understood. “Never again in my life would I ever ride in a stranger’s car.”

 

“Dismissed.”

 

“I’m fairly sorry of my daft actions. I promise to never do that again.” Jiyong bowed the 90 degree bow.

 

“Alright, keep your promise.”

 

Jiyong bowed again (45 degree this time) on his way out of big office room.

 

“Another day of working; done!” He stretched out his stiff body, feeling so much lighter after being given a scolding. “I should head home and movie marathon~”

 

***

 

“It’s destiny, oppa. We are meant to be!”

 

If the heavens could take his soul, Jiyong was willing to give it away, he seriously was. He did not know, how and why he was fated to bump into a hallucinating mad fan. He mulled what was the intention of the heavens making him meet the guy who nearly put his career on the line.

 

Jiyong was over the moon-ly punching in the pass code to his apartment when a guy holding a colossal camera emerged into his eyes, yelling out ridiculous things. (“When two people are meant to be, they eventually find their way back together!”)

 

“Stop saying preposterous things and I don’t recall any meetings between us. Now if you may excuse me.” He quickly said and stepped inside his apartment. “Oppa, let me in.” Seungri whined, already setting a foot in the space. “You’re violating my personal rights, I could bring this to judges.”

 

The older of the two folded his arms, not fazed with the younger’s actions. “Goodbye.”

 

“Will you let me in if pictures you driving in my car got leaked on the net?” Seungri smirked, knowing he would not lose in this mental game. Jiyong flinched inaudibly, “This can be considered as a case too.”

 

“You chose to drive out of your own accord, oppa.”

 

“Don’t “oppa” me. We’re both guys.”

 

“Or would you like me to tell the netizens I have your beanie? Strawberry scented hair, huh?” Seungri pulled out the black channel beanie he kept from yesterday.

 

Jiyong began to flinch again, gulping down consecutively. “Fans could accidentally took them from me, no big deal.” He spoke firmly.

 

Seungri snickered, knowing that he was very close to victory.

 

“You were wearing the beanie in my car. Breaking news: Kwon Jiyong involved in affair with a man?”

 

By now, Seungri was laughing blissfully at Jiyong’s horrified look.

 

The angry man breathed in to keep himself from leashing into a full on beast mode, which included non-stop curse words.

 

“ you. Come in.”