1/1

12AM
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

12AM

< 2/? of the twelve series >

 

{ bnior ; PG-13 ; 1k+ words }

 

A/N:

for my best, sumran. happy birthdayyy // i'm sorry if the ending it's 11pm *coughs*

 

•••

< predebut (got7) >

 

it's fifteen minutes to twelve and jaebum goes into jinyoung's room.

 

it's a random thought.

 

fifteen minutes to twelve and jinyoung wants jaebum beside him, and he wonders if jaebum would hug him while sleeping.

it's natural that the person you're the closest with would check on you before everyone goes to sleep. however, it isn't very normal to ask that person to stay. or at least, that's what jinyoung thinks.

 

ten minutes to twelve and jaebum talks about mark and how he should take care when flipping.

ten minutes to twelve and jinyoung starts thinking that jaebum could use his lips from other uses that don't include talking.

 

five minutes to twelve and jaebum starts talking about jinyoung's growth as a person, and how he's still as cute.

five minutes to twelve and jinyoung wants to show jaebum how he's grown in more ways than one.

 

one minute to twelve and jaebum starts getting up and is moving towards jinyoung to wish him a good night.

one minute to twelve and jinyoung is determined to keep jaebum with him, and only him.

 

ten seconds to twelve and jaebum pulls away from their hug.

two seconds to twelve and jinyoung says quietly, as jaebum moves to turn off the light in jinyoung's room, "i'm scared of the dark."

 

at exactly twelve, everything stops for a while. jaebum freezes and gives jinyoung a skeptical look.

 

"jinyoung-ah, when we shared a room, you were perfectly fine."

"but nowadays i get scared," jinyoung fakes, pouting.

 

jaebum softens when he sees jinyoung's pout.

 

"hyung, can you stay for the night?"

"hmm. jinyoung, you know i have youngjae–"

"and he just moved into the dorm. yeah, i know hyung. but youngjae's a big boy, he should be fine."

"you say that like you're not a big boy."

"hyung, can't you stay?"

 

jaebum sighs and goes out of the room, leaving jinyoung to his own thoughts.

 

a few minutes later, jaebum reappears, holding a cup of water. after putting down the cup, he climbs into the mattress and pulls jinyoung into a bear hug. "sleep well, jinyoungie, i'll be with you."

 

jinyoung smiles, closing his eyes. but there's a bit of guilt inside of him. he can't tell jaebum.

 

jaebum would laugh. jaebum would leave.

 

jinyoung wished he could tell him.

 

he wished he could tell him that it wasn't the dark he was afraid of.

•••

< after debut, first asc filming >

 

"hyung, hyung, hyung, hyung, hyuuuuung." jinyoung whines.

 

almost automatically, jaebum whips around to see what jinyoung wanted from him.

 

"fine. i'll give it to you when we get back to the dorm, okay?" mark says, laughing as he agrees to jinyoung's request.

 

jaebum's heart drops as he remembers that this isn't the JJ Project era. jinyoung has another hyung, mark. jackson didn't count, jinyoung called him by name.

 

jaebum remembers that jinyoung isn't only his. he sighs and stops himself from ruffling his hair.

 

 

they get back to the dorm from After School Club shooting, and jaebum sulks quietly in his room.

 

mark's so much better. he can do martial arts tricking and speak english. jinyoung probably liked mark more than jaebum.

maybe, jinyoung just adored jaebum because he was older. the fact that he was more mature. the idea of having a hyung.<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter