Here Nor There

Here Nor There

When he lies there in the blue light, left-over right after the sun is set, that’s when Minho thinks he’s most beautiful. When his hair falls into his face and Minho can barely see his deep irises, only just enough to find the trust in them. When the sounds of crickets can be heard through the walls, along with the ticking of the hall clock, but it’s not enough to disturb either of them.

Minho likes Taemin in the time between day and night. In the few minutes that are neither here nor there, when the world slows. Sometimes Minho wishes it would stop so he could keep them here forever. Two coworkers, friends, lovers, content in the silence, content with each other.

It lasts, everyday, only so long as they can stand it. Until one, or both of them at the same time, goes to turn on a light, and the moment is broken. Life must go on and they must continue living, working, eating, sleeping, dreaming, and loving.

Taemin thinks Minho is the most beautiful right before sunrise. When the silver light slips through their blinds and makes patters on the sheets over their legs. When he can see Minho smile, even though his head is mostly tucked under a pillow. When the earliest traffic begins and the cars sound far away and slow, just because it’s early.

Taemin likes Minho in the time between night and day. In the minutes where Minho sleeps and he alone can watch the rise and fall of his lover’s chest.  Everyday Taemin thinks it could last forever, but tells himself that once Minho awakes they can go on and live, work, eat, sleep, dream, and love.

It only lasts until Taemin tries to get up and Minho wakes with his movement, or until Minho, of his own accord, sits up, slowly blinking his eyes in the light, lashes fluttering against soft cheeks. Taemin is always content after his patient observation and Minho is always content after his sleep.

 

 

 


I know it's sorta short, but I liked the idea of it a lot, and I just got off a mini 2min fic binge and wanted to write my two favorite lovable dorks, in the time i really should have spent studing for the math SAT IIs, becasue I would really like to get into college, but I digress. I hope you liked it <3