One shot?

Four Years Late
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Beware of typos and grammar slips. Un edited

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Dear Yifan, 

 

Where did we go wrong? Was I not enough for you? Was my love not enough for you to stay? Why didn’t you tell me? Maybe, I could have made changes in myself, in us. I love you this much that I’m stupid enough to write you this letter. I didn’t write this for you to rethink of your decisions. You’re already decided.

It hurts, because I love you.

It hurts because I can’t be part of your dreams, and I can’t have you in mine. Each and every dream and ambitions. I picture my life five or ten years later with you. Now, those visions come crashing down, fading away like a fleeting Spring cherry blossoms.

Chase your dreams, my love. While I chase after mine.

How can I unlove you? Should I? I won’t because I love you. Your love is one of the best things that happened to me. Probably the best.

You loved me in our two years relationship. I felt it.

You showed me how life is exciting, you taught me how to fight.

I won’t forget the you I love, the you I dream about, and the you I once wished to spend my forever and after with.

I love you, please don’t forget that there was once a Kim Junmyeon who loved you with all his heart.

This must be goodbye.

I will wait for you til my heart can.

 

I love you,

Junmyeon

 

 

 

 

 

“Sajangnim, you’re opinion is needed at the site. We have received tons of designs from our architect. Minseok could have sent them to you firsthand to save some time.” Sighing, the secretary left after bowing towards Junmyeon.

 

Four years and Junmyeon was now an engineer and a CEO of The Guardian Inc, South Korea’s leading builders of skyscrapers. He was the successor of his late father, former CEO of the company. But being a prideful yet intelligent student in college, after graduation, Junmyeon worked as a regular employee of the company. He started from a scratch.

Learn the basics, first before you run a company. And so Junmyeon did. He became a junior intern of skilled engineers, he was able to grasp all the knowledge he needed as he prepares for the future. He wanted to be the leader that his father would be proud of.

Not long after, he got promoted after the boards saw his potential. He was skillful, young, talented and passionate about his job. Everyone loved him. Everyone respected him. He was a friend to all the employees. He treated everyone, from the boards and the utility personnel, alike.

Kim Junmyeon, seated in his chair, a desk with a CEO label, had become the bachelor everyone would love and dream of marrying.

Sadly, despite all the success that he’d had. He failed in one thing.

Love.

Junmyeon was blankly staring at the panorama before him, the neon lights outside was bright, billboards hung on every building were screaming success for him. He was on top of his career, but still he felt something was lacking.

It was times like this which Junmyeon remembers a sad glimpse of his past.

Memories of him.

 

 

“Junmyeon, do you love me?” Yifan asked him on their way home.

Sparing a glance at his boyfriend, Junmyeon tilted his head, ‘What a dumb question from a tall idiot. Of course I do, I love you this much.” He said as he extended his arms widely to the sides, then he snuggled close to Yifan and squished him.

Yifan chuckled and hugged back the smaller male. It was perfect how he can place his chin just above the crown of Junmyeon’s head. 

Everything they have was perfect. So Yifan wanted to spend more perfect moments with Junmyeon.

 

“A company offered me a contract in China, I will be a singer and an actor, Junmyeon! Can you believe that?” Excitement was all over Yifan.

However, Junmyeon felt saddened. China… it would mean Yifan had to leave. 

Junmyeon’s face faltered and blanched. He squeezed Yifan tighter, like his life depended on it. “You’re leaving.

 

“Yeah.. I am leaving..” Yifan voiced out softly.

Junmyeon loosened his wrap around Yifan’s waist. He turned his back on Yifan and was about to walk away from him when the taller caught him by the wrist.

 

 

“I am leaving, but I’m not leaving without you, Junmyeon. I love you, and I want you to stay with me.” Yifan explained, pulling Junmyeon by the wrist and hugged him.

Junmyeon couldn’t hold his tears back anymore. He loved Yifan, but was love enough of a reason to leave his life behind for him. Was Yifan the one? 

Junmyeon already knew the answer, but the problem was…

 

Junmyeon was scared…

 

 

“Yifan….” Junmyeon whispered softly. The sound of his voice noted hints of longing and sadness.

 

Junmyeon brushed the thought of his head as he stood up. He slammed the door shut behind him, ignoring the bitterness in him. He failed to acknowledge how a single drop of tear rolled down his cheek.

 

It had been four years, Yifan did not come back for him. Did Yifan already forget him? So, Junmyeon should too.

 

How can I unlove you when you took my heart with you when you left…

 

How can I forgot you, when all the memories I have you were in all of it…

 

How can I delete you in my life, when every time I close my eyes, an image of you in your gummy smile is all I see. And when I open them, reality hit me. 

 

You left me, you left me for good.

 

 

 

 

 

Wu Yifan, had become a successful artist in China. He was casted by Hwai Brothers, one of the leading entertainment network in China as one of their main actors. And the company didn’t make a mistake of signing him up. Yifan raked more dough than their mainstream actors. He brought the gold bars in this company.

He was successful. But there was one thing he failed at.

 

Love.

 

Yifan left someone dear to him.

 

He left Junmyeon, his one and only.

 

Yifan had a plan. He already had filed a vacation leave. In two days, he was leaving for Seoul. To claim back what’s his.

 

“Junmyeon, I love you and I am now coming back for you.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter