In Another Lifetime

In Another Lifetime
Please log in to read the full chapter

Title: In Another Lifetime

Author: ilovesungyeollie

Pairing: MyungYeol

Genre: Romance, Angst

~~*~~

There was once a boy named Lee Sungyeol. He was a happy and bubbly person who lit every room up with his bright smile. He was very loyal and caring to the people he loved.

There was also a boy named Kim Myungsoo. He was handsome and mysterious, the type who all the girls swooned over. But despite his sometimes cold exterior, he was actually very nice and sweet.

The paths of these two boys crossed when they entered the same middle school.

They weren’t friends but talked sometimes.

In the second and third year of middle school, Myungsoo and Sungyeol were coincidentally put into all the same classes. And it was because of this, that something changed.

Being in the same class, and seeing Myungsoo every single day, Sungyeol started to feel things for the other.

In the beginning it started as a small crush. Sungyeol would notice Myungsoo’s every move and get nervous when he was around.

But then the feelings didn’t go away and Sungyeol soon found himself falling hard and fast for Myungsoo. It reached a point where Sungyeol just couldn’t get Myungsoo out of his head and constantly wished to see the other.

However while Sungyeol’s world was filled with Myungsoo, the other barely noticed him. Myungsoo only ever thought of Sungyeol as another classmate and this is where all the problems begin.

In the first year of high school, Sungyeol decided he wanted to confess to Myungsoo. But Sungyeol had never experienced any sort of love before and found it more than just a bit scary. So instead he asked his friends to confess for him.

Myungsoo, being the gentleman he was, thanked Sungyeol for his attentions but politely replied he didn’t feel the same way. When Sungyeol heard this from his friends, he felt sad but it didn’t do anything to dampen his feelings. If anything it deepened them.

Then at the end of the first year, Myungsoo announced that he was changing schools. He would be leaving for another school in the neighbouring suburb. Sungyeol was of course very much dismayed by this news but there wasn’t anything he could do.

Second year of high school came and Myungsoo was no longer there. Sungyeol took this opportunity to try to get over the other. But it failed miserably and in the end Sungyeol found himself loving Myungsoo more than ever.

Third year of high school arrived and Sungyeol heard something he never wanted to hear. Something that broke his heart and made him lose the always happy smile he had.

Myungsoo got a boyfriend.

Apparently Myungsoo’s boyfriend was called Sungjong and it was said he was prettier than half the girls in the school.

At the end of the third year, a formal was organised as a sort of goodbye event to celebrate the graduation of high school. Myungsoo was invited since he used to be part of the grade. And because guests were allowed, Sungjong was coming as well. This news made Sungyeol both ecstatic and dejected.

Sungyeol finally got to see the love of his life again but he had to see Myungsoo with somebody else.

~~*~~

Cars pulled up one after the other and as people got out, the air was filled with excitement. Girls were dressed stunningly in various coloured evening gowns, some flowing to the floor while others reached just above the knee. Boys were clad in smooth, pressed tuxedos of different combinations of shirts and blazers.

Inside the venue, it was decorated beautifully with blue and purple balloons, ribbons and glitter. Each table was elegantly set out with white plates, silver cutlery and transparent glasses.

Sungyeol made his way to his designated table and immediately struck up a conversation with his best friend, Woohyun. All the while he kept a lookout for a certain person who had stolen his heart.

“This is so amazing. Honestly, I didn’t think it would turn out this good.” Woohyun said with a smile. Sungyeol nodded enthusiastically.

“I know right! The decorations are so pretty.” Sungyeol replied, while picking up his glass and filling it with lemonade.

A loud voice from the next table caught Sungyeol’s attention and he perked up to hear what they were saying.

“Look guys, isn’t that Myungsoo? And I’m assuming the guy he’s holding hands with is Sungjong. Wow they weren’t kidding when they said he was a beauty!”

Sungyeol felt his body freeze and his heart accelerate much too quickly. He put his drink down on the table and could feel Woohyun’s worried gaze on him. Then slowly, with dread and excitement building his stomach, Sungyeol turned around.

There Myungsoo was, walking through the tables in all his glory. He was dressed handsomely in a white shirt and black blazer complete with a black tie. His black hair was brushed nicely and when he smiled, he looked so cute.

But then Sungyeol noticed the short male who was hanging off Myungsoo’s arm. Sungjong. He really was very beautiful and with his flawless complexion and alluring smile, Sungyeol could see why Myungsoo fell for him.

As they got closer, Sungyeol could feel tears building be

Please log in to read the full chapter