Final

Half a Heart

Yuri POV

 
"Yuri ah? Could you come out for a minute?" I heard my members call me from outside my room. 
 
"Coming!" I put down my book. 
 
 
I've never thought that small talk of theirs would hurt me that much...
 
 
"Where is Sica? What's wrong?" I asked, after only seeing the other 7 and sensing the serious atmosphere. 
 
"Yuri ah... Sica s-she.. She left..." Taeyeon spoke. 
 
"What do you mean she left? Did she go to China earlier?" I had a bad feeling about this. 
 
"She won't be going with us to China.. She left the group..." Sunny muffled her sobs. 
 
"What? She... No! She wouldn't!" I shook my head in denial. 
 
"The CEO found out about your relationship... He used it as his advantage, including BLANC, to force Sica unnie out of the group. Sica unnie sacrificed herself for you... She convinced the CEO to keep you in..." Seohyun, the calmest one at that point, decided to clear things up. 
 
 
If only I knew... Why didn't you tell me Sica ah? We would've figured things out... You didn't have to leave me...
 
 
"Jessica asked us to give this to you before she left... She told us to tell you not to worry about her... And not to look for her..." Taeyeon reached into her bag, taking out an envelope. 
 
"I-I.. I'll be in my r-room.." I took the envelope. 
 
As I opened the envelope, I felt something drop out. It was a ring, the ring I gave her on her birthday, a promise ring. A promise to never leave her and to take care of her forever... 
 
To my dear Kwon Seobang,
 
I'm sorry I had to leave Yuri ah... I was forced to... Kim CEO had something against us, especially me, with the creation of BLANC and now that he found out about us, i'm afraid I can't stay any longer. I know i've promised you many things, many which i've broken, and I think I would have to break more of them. I'm sorry Seobang ah.. Do I still have the right to call you that? I will always love you.. Please remember that... Don't look for me Yuri ah.. Focus on SNSD okay? Don't overwork yourself, get plenty of rest... I love you.
 
Jessica
 
 
The members were out, and I was re-reading the letter you wrote to me... I fiddled with the ring you left behind. I would never forget you Sica ah... I will still love you no matter what... 
 
"Yuri ah! We are home! We brought you some food!" Tiffany's loud voice boomed through the house. 
 
"I'm not hungry! Thanks but no thanks!" I shouted back, wiping away my tears. 
 
"I'll leave it in the fridge. Heat it up if you're hungry." Taeyeon came into my room without me knowing. 
 
"Yah Kim Taeyeon! You scared me!" I jumped in my seat. 
 
"Why? Doing something suspicious eh?" She came over and sat beside me. 
 
"N-Nothing..." 
 
"I know you buddy... Its her right?" Taeyeon frowned. 
 
"You got me..." I admitted. 
 
"We... We met her just now..."
 
"How is she? Is she fine?" My face was filled with worry. 
 
"The same... Less cheerful... Like you... I could tell, both you and her, you have never been the same hyper you ever since she left.. Even the fans can tell Yul... Same goes to her, doesn't smile as much as before... She misses you a lot you know? I saw her using the jacket you gave her... She cherishes it." 
 
I was speechless. I kept quiet, unsure of what to say... 
 
"She wanted to see you today... We lied that you weren't feeling well, and when she heard it, she was really worried." 
 
 
So your friend's been telling me
You've been sleeping with my sweater
And that you can't stop missing me
Bet my friend's been telling you
I'm not doing much better
'Cause i'm missing half of me
 
 
"Thanks for telling me Taeyeon... Appreciate it... I-I'm tired.. I'll just sleep.." 
 
"Rest well buddy..." Taeyeon left, turning off the lights as she went. 
 
 
You intertwined our hands together as we strolled down the park. 
 
"Seobang ah?" You called. 
 
"Yeah?" 
 
"Nothing." You giggled. 
 
"Why?" I raised my brow at you. 
 
You shook you head, and smiled sweetly at me. 
 
"Hmm... Sica yah." 
 
"Huh?" 
 
"Nothing." I chuckled. 
 
"Yah!" You pouted at me. 
 
I smiled and leaned down to kiss you. You let go of our hands and hooked your arms around my neck instead, and I wrapped my arms around your waist. 
 
"Saranghae." I muttered as I pulled out of the kiss, our foreheads still connected. 
 
You leaned up for another kiss and I could feel you smile through the kiss. Chills went down my spine and butterflies flew around my stomach. You never fail to make me feel like this. 
 
"Nado saranghae Yuri ah. Promise to never leave me?"
 
"This ring symbolises my love for you Sica. It means i'll never leave you and i'll take care of you forever, i'll protect you until I grow old." I took her hand and kissed the ring that was on her ring finger. 
 
"I love you Yuri ah. I'll never leave you either. " You smiled and hugged me. 
 
 
And being here without you
Is like i'm waking up to
Only half a blue sky
Kinda there - but not quite
I'm walking 'round with just one shoe
I'm half a heart without you 
I'm half a man at best 
With half and arrow in my chest
I miss everything we do 
I'm half a heart without you
 
Forget all we said that night
No, it doesn't even matter
'Cause we both got split in two
 
 
Tears rolled down my cheeks as the memories of both of us flashed through my head. 
 
"I miss you too Sica... You should never have left..."
 
Bzzt. My phone vibrated, signalling someone texted me. 
 
To: Yul
 
How are you Yuri ah? I heard that you are not feeling well... Take care.. Don't overwork yourself...
 
From: Sicababy
 
To: Sicababy
 
I'm fine.. Maybe a little stressed? How have you been? How's BLANC?
 
From: Yul
 
Ring~
 
"Hello?"
 
"Yuri ah..." 
 
"Oh.. How are you Sica?"
 
"I'm fine... Am I disturbing you? Were you about to sleep?" I heard her worried voice on the other line. 
 
"No... Why did you call?" I questioned. 
 
"Oh... I didn't see you today.. So I thought maybe we could arrange another day to meet? I-I missed you..."
 
"Oh.. Erm... Sure..." I scratched my head. 
 
"Is this saturday during dinner okay for you? Do you have any schedule?" I could sense that there wasn't confidence in her voice. 
 
"I'm free the whole day... Do you want me to pick you? Or where do we meet?" 
 
"We'll just meet at the usual place... Is that okay?" 
 
"O-Okay.. I'll see you then.. It's getting late... You should sleep Sica..." 
 
"O-Oh. Okay.. You too. Goodnight Yuri ah..."
 
"Nights..." 
 
 
If you could spare an hour or so
We'll go for lunch down by the river
We can really talk it through
 
And being here without you
Is like waking up to
Only half a blue sky
Kinda there - but not quite
I'm walking around with just one shoe
I'm half a heart without you
I'm half a man at best
With half an arrow in my chest
'Cause I miss everything we do
I'm half a heart without you
 
I'm half a heart without you
I'm half a heart without you