Liar Lay

Moonlight

Can’t reach out to touch you or to hold you in my arms

Even if I close my eyes, I can never dream of you

'Cause you’re not here with me; you’re not in my story

It only hurts, the more I try to get to you

“Lay-hyung!”

The Chinese member turned his head with a smile as the younger called him. Tao was a cute boy with a nice according to this child star. He treated Tao as a brother, like the rest of EXO, except because of their same origin, Tao was a bit above them.

“Hm?” The said member raised an eyebrow. Tao looked excited as usual. “Kris-ge visited and he wants us to go out with him,” he exclaimed with a bright grin on his face. The dimple deepened as Lay’s smile grew. “Really? But where are the others?” he asked.

“Kris-ge only wanted the Chinese members and I didn’t bother to ask why. Luhan-hyung is waiting outside already,” Tao said before pulling Lay up from where he was sitting. “What about the Korean members? Where are they?” Lay further interrogated.

“Well, first, Xiumin-hyung has a script-reading for his upcoming movie. Suho-hyung has his acting lessons. Chen-hyung, Baekhyun-hyung  and Kyungsoo-hyung have a recording for SMTown’s next album. Chanyeol-hyung has his shooting for his upcoming movie. Kai and Sehun are both having dance practice with Tony Testa for the SMTown concert for Christmas.”

Lay furrowed his eyebrows as Tao enumerated all those numerous activities. He remembered when he was busy himself with the Celebrity Chef and MC-ing in music shows. Tao also had MV shooting for Agape and another song of Liyin’s that Lay forgot. Luhan was the busiest of them all. He had to take all the responsibilities of a leader, he had soccer and he also had a movie to finish.

It was really the Chinese members’ turn to rest and what better way to rest than to spend time with his fellow Chinese members?

After a few minutes, Lay was out with Tao. They found Luhan in the van, waiting for them. When they entered, Luhan waved his hand a bit and smiled. “It’s been a long time since we’ve been together like this,” he commented. Lay and Tao couldn’t agree more since both of them are surely tired from their own schedules in China.

Lay fiddled with his phone as the van moved. They were heading to the nearby café and try to catch up with Kris there. He’d heard from the fans and from the company that Kris was in Prague and Lay always wanted to go to other countries and just tour around the place, which he never got the chance of.

“She’s still your wallpaper?” Tao asked as he looked over the elder’s shoulder. Lay was in shock for a moment and then smiled weakly. “How can I change it? It wakes me up every time we have a schedule,” Lay shyly said, earning a pinch from Luhan. “That is so cheesy, Yixing!” Luhan clasped his hands together before laughing with Tao.

Lay puffed his cheeks as he looked at the two. “It’s not my fault I love her so much,” he confessed, earning judging looks and barfing sounds from the two others. “I am never going to be like that to a girl when I find someone I’ll like,” Luhan whispered to himself, making sure Lay and Tao could hear him.

“I can’t imagine myself being like that,” Tao said in an exasperated sigh, earning a squirm from Lay. “Whatever, I’m just showing how I love her,” Lay crossed him arms and later, the trio laughed at how they acted. “But dude, shouldn’t you change it once in a while?” Before Lay could answer Tao’s question, the van’s door opened, exposing their manager who spoke to them in Korean.

“Lay, you know the rules right? I’m sure Tao told you earlier,” the manager said, making the said member nod. “I know the curfew and that we’re only supposed to stay here,” Lay said. The manager smiled a bit and said,” Have fun. Don’t let anyone catch you or else, the company will kill me.”

After bidding their goodbyes, the three entered the café and quickly spotted the tall former Chinese member. They walked towards him and positioned themselves where they’re comfortable with. Tao couldn’t shut up, telling Kris all that happened.

“Lay, I’m sorry,” Kris said as he held Lay’s hand. Lay shook his head with a sad smile. “Gege, don’t worry. It’s all in the past,” he timidly said. Tao butted in and pointed out,” Lay-ge’s background is still her. Gege, he can’t move on.” He clung to Kris closer when he noticed how Lay looked at him.

“I’m really sorry. The guilt was killing me. I didn’t mean it to happen like that,” Kris muttered. Lay shook his head. “Lay, what really happened between you, her and Kris? I mean, we never heard of the whole story, especially when Kris left so fess up before I start to tell everyone how you Baekhyun’s and Tao’s ,” Luhan threatened.

Lay sighed and looked at them all. “Should I?” He squeaked. “It’s your choice but it’s better if they know what happened to her. They have the right to know, especially Luhan since she was practically his junior,” Kris explained. Lay shuffled in his seat and opened his mouth to begin the story.

You know how our relationship was. She and I were dating each other already. We had a long-term relationship. She loved me so much that she transferred schools and began studying in Yonsei where Luhan-ge was studying while we were all training. We always made time for each other but I guess even though I worked hard, it was never enough.

I noticed how fond Kris-ge was of her. But I only shrugged it off, seeing it as a sibling kind of fondness. Every time I tried to look at who she was always texting, she always hid her phone. I grew suspicious and my suspicions were correct when I saw Kris-ge and her holding hands and saying sweet nothings to each other.

I confronted her about it. But instead of breaking up, I wanted to forgive her. I love her… very much. She was really the only girl I love for all my years but that wasn’t the same for her. She told me that she wanted to break up for a long time but I was so nice to her and angelic that she can’t put herself to do it. She said that she didn’t deserve me, that my love was too precious and my heart was too naïve to be played with. It was better if we had to separate our ways.

After a few weeks, I found out Kris-ge and she were dating each other. I wasn’t shocked. I didn’t cry at all. I just smiled as if nothing was wrong. And from what I know, you two are still dating each other. But my feelings never wavered. I still love her.

Nothing really changed. I still get to talk to her. But the things that I can’t do right now are to hug her, kiss her and tell her how much I still love her. That’s Kris-ge’s job and not mine.

“But oh well, we shouldn’t mope around! This is a reunion!” Lay clasped his hands, earning worried looks on Luhan’s and Tao’s faces. Kris only looked down in guilt. “Hey, what’s the matter? I’m alright. I’m perfectly fine, see?” Lay said, showing the widest smile anyone has ever seen.

“Who would believe that lie?” Luhan muttered as he looked down on his lap.