one

The Great Escape

Jongin closes the door behind him and enters his apartment. He looks around and suddenly his blood runs cold. A shiver feels through his body at the entire room around him having been arranged a bit too neatly. The mess that he knew as his signature was gone. Gone. He slowly enters the space in his living room with wary steps, unsure of when he might have to run back out. His intuition asks him to do so at the very moment but really, he doesn't want to be rude. He almost starts wondering if the presence of another that made him sweat is just something in his head when footsteps resound from the bedroom and then into the living room.

 

"Jonginnie" Jongin finds himself facing another boy, much like himself, grinning at him a bit too widely, his lips broken in a smile that resembles a heart and his usually large eyes curbed into crescent of happiness, his entire face lit up with evergreen beauty. It is probably a wonderful sight to come home to.

 

But Jongin can just barely manage a smile that looks way too forced, "Hyung." his hands are cold and yet sweaty, "I thought you didn't have keys to my apartment."

 

The other boy just giggles, "Oh don't be silly Jonginnie" he moves towards the refrigerator and pulls out some carrots and places them on the chopping board."I got some copies made when you told me we should break up." Kyungsoo picks up the knife and looks at Jongin with a smile.

 

Jongin stares at him and thinks back to a year ago.

 

He is at the grocery store waiting in line to check out. There is a guy in front of him, quite some inches shorter than him. The line moves forward and there's only the shorter guy before its Jongin's turn. Suddenly, the guy in front of him starts telling the guy at the counter that he forgot his money. He's panicking as the checkout guy tells him he'll have to go back empty handed. He groans at this saying something about his empty kitchen. Jongin looks up from his phone and sees the cutest pair of eyes, nose and lips and figures he could do with some amount less so he offers to pay since the boy doesn't really have much in his cart anyway. The boy looks up at Jongin with twinkling eyes and a smile on his lips. "Thank you so much." Jongin stares at the smiling lips and decides he loves them.

 

Still staring at those lips, this time he decides he doesn't quite like them.

 

"Jonginnie." Kyungsoo says, "You're staring at my lips. Do you want to kiss me?"

 

Jongin is startled out of his thoughts, "What?" Kyungsoo is just looking at him expectantly, "I...uh.." he notices the knife that is still in Kyungsoo's hand, "Uh..."

 

Kyungsoo frowns and a small pout starts forming on his lips, but his voice holds authority, "Do you want to kiss me Jongin?"

 

Jongin gulps and his heart pounds loud in his chest at the thought of what the immediate future might hold for him if he didn't answer a proper one that pleased the other boy. He scrambles to think of the options he has. He could say yes, please Kyungsoo but also encourage him. Or he could say no. And then possibly have his life cut off without having bid any of his family or friends a proper farewell. He gulps again.

 

Getting no reply from Jongin, Kyungsoo narrows his eyes, his expectant face now replaced with threat seeping from every pore. "I don't hear anything Jongin." He starts to walk towards Jongin, "You're not replying, Jongin." Jongin takes a step back unconsciously. "Oh c'mon Jongin, we've done way more than just kiss before. Don't feel shy." Kyungsoo is smiling now as Jongin backs up to the couch, loses balance and falls on it. Kyungsoo leans down on Jongin and touches lips to lips. He can feel Kyungsoo's tongue dart over his lips and when he refuses to kiss back, he can feel teeth pulling at the skin of his lips, biting it to a cut and the metallic taste of blood seeping into his mouth. Jongin whimpers and this has Kyungsoo get up from over his body. Jongin touches the side of his lips and sees his finger covered in a shade of red. He looks at Kyungsoo who seems to be staring at his lips with no emotion on his face. He traces his face until their eyes meet and Kyungsoo says, "I marked myself on your lips." A small smile starts forming on his lips and grows until Kyungsoo is positively beaming at what he did.

 

Jongin stares deadpan, not knowing what to say that wouldn't rile up Kyungsoo.Kyungsoo hugs Jongin, who visibly stiffens at the contact. He doesn't seem to mind though as he keeps his body pressed close to Jongin and says, "You're such a perfect boyfriend Jonginnie." he all but coos, "Well, ex-boyfriend but what's in a title." He looks up at Jongin's face. "Go wash up. I'm gonna make you dinner and if you're a good boy throughout the evening, I'm gonna give you a special gift tonight." Jongin inwardly cries at this. Kyungsoo gives him a small peck on his lips, a bit too hard, and a pang of pain from the cut on his lips shoots through his entire body.

 

Kyungsoo gets back to the kitchen, chopping vegetables again. Jongin gets up from the couch and eyes him warily. He takes a few steps towards the bedroom when he's sure nothing is going to jump at him. He reaches the door when Kyungsoo calls, "Jongin." he turns his head to look at Kyungsoo, "Yes?"

 

"Give me your phone, please."

 

Jongin suddenly remembers. His phone was in his pocket, the lone means for sending a message of SOS but now Kyungsoo was asking for it. He groans inwardly and contemplates lying.

 

"I wouldn't lie about it if I was you, Jongin." Jongin looks up at Kyungsoo who was smiling at the food he was making and wonders. Getting into his house is one thing, getting into head is a bigger thing. The boy in front of him looks up from his work, smile still on his face and says, "Phone, Jongin." It was an icy tone, indicating his patience running out fast and Jongin shudders at it. He slowly pulls out his phone from his pocket and places it on the dining table. He starts to walk away when Kyungsoo speaks again, "Don't try anything funny in my absence." Jongin can feel the smile of evil in his statement and it makes him shudder again.

 

He runs into the bedroom, picks out some clothes from his closet and moves to the bathroom. He decides to stay in there as long as possible, not wanting to face the nightmare that was in his kitchen again. He lets the warm water pour over his body and untangle the knots of stress he had formed. He should be thinking of ways to get rid of the problem that had taken shelter in his house right now but under the influence of unaccounted bliss he felt at the moment, he doesn't. He takes pleasure in the freedom of the moment and let's it run. That is, until the water stops running suddenly. He's startled out of his reverie but has a feeling he knows what caused it. Not wanting to, but being forced to, he dries himself and changes into clean clothes and walks out into the bedroom. He considers closing the bedroom door and staying in but he's afraid of how Kyungsoo might react to it. He wanders around the bedroom, not really doing anything, finding it a better alternative to facing Kyungsoo, until he hears that voice again.

 

"Jonginnie" Said boy turns his head around, "what's taking you so long?" Kyungsoo whines and Jongin has to stop himself from getting fooled. He slowly walks out and sees the table decorated with food. Although wary, the food looks inviting to Jongin. Kyungsoo had always been a sinfully good cook.

 

He sits down and Kyungsoo takes the seat right across him. He serves the food and looks at Jongin expectantly. Jongin wonders if he should bolt right then because he didn't know if he could trust that Kyungsoo wouldn't put in something in the food.

 

"Why aren't you eating? I made it with love." Kyungsoo suddenly says, his lips pulled into a pout.

 

"How do I know you didn't poison it?" Kyungsoo's eyes widen and in a moment of panic, Jongin adds, "Haha I'm joking." although he isn't really.

 

Kyungsoo chuckles and says, "Oh silly. I wouldn't poison you. That'd just mean there'd be less you for me."

 

Jongin just nods at the insinuation and takes a small bite of the chicken on his plate. The soft flesh melts into his mouth, serving every bit the mouthwatering goodness it visually promised.

 

Kyungsoo gets up from his seat and goes back to the kitchen. "Is it good?" Kyungsoo asks and Jongin nods. He returns to the table with two glasses filled with a deep shade of magenta. "Have some wine with it." he suggests and hands a glass to Jongin. Jongin brings the glass to his lips and takes a sip. Only a little too late does he realise that the drink tastes funny and induces in him a state that doesn't quite allow him to keep his eyes open. Gradually losing consciousness, Kyungsoo starts to look like a blur to him until it's replaced by complete darkness.

.

.

.

.

The soft kiss of the morning sun filters through the window and pulls Jongin out of his sleep. He opens his eyes and sees a face smiling widely at him.

 

"Good morning."

 

He blinks, once and then twice. Understanding registers over him and he jolts into sitting position, away from the proximity of Kyungsoo's face. Kyungsoo follows suit and says with a giggle, "You look really cute when you sleep."

 

There is an incessant throbbing in his head and pain shoots through his body. In the spur of the moment, he braves a question, "What happened last night?"

 

"Nothing, silly. I put you to sleep." Kyungsoo says with a smile that has Jongin creeped. In a second, Kyungsoo's face turns dark, "Next time, don't ask me questions about my food otherwise it might be more than just one night of sleep." Needless to say, the heavy words have a line of sweat roll down Jongin's spine. Kyungsoo gets out of bed and turns back to Jongin, his face wearing his signature endearing smile. He speaks again, "Get out of bed now. I'll make you breakfast."

 

Jongin does as told and walks into the inviting smell of pancakes. This time he eats his food without a word and when he's finished, Kyungsoo tells him, "I called Chanyeol and told him you won't be going to work today." Jongin looks up from his empty plate at this. "We should spend the entire day together at home. It'd be fun, right?" Kyungsoo says with a smile.

 

Jongin feels an icy shiver envelope his body. He takes a deep sigh and braces himself. His great escape, he thinks, will have to wait a while.


 

A/N I don't even know what this is lmao.

Also I lied in the foreword. This fic is less inspired by the S.E.S remake and more inspired by this haha

If you liked this, comment and/or upvote and/or subscribe ^^