Two Favorite Things

Two Favorite Things - Sunggyu

Work started to take a toll on you, working shift after shift and managing a part time on your full time position, you couldn’t help but feel run down and tired all the time. With the weight of sleep pulling down your eye lids and bags sat under your eyes that only grew with each passing day. Rubbing your eyes slowly, a sense of relief and relaxation started to come over you as your tired feet climbed each step up to your small two bedroom home.

Fiddling with the jingling keys in your pocket, you managed to find that right key to enter into your home. Slipping the silver key into your black handle on your door, you twisted the key and heard the lock retract so you could open the door into your abode.

With the crickets outside welcoming you home, the moonlight flooded into your darkened home, feeling relieved to finally be home, your mind reminded yourself that tomorrow was your day off with both of your jobs. A tired smile curled onto your face while you closed the door behind you, without another thought, you slowly shuffled your feet along the floor heading to your bedroom.

Taking off your purse and setting it on the couch as long as your jacket while your passed, ing the top button on your shirt, you un-tucked the pastel blue shirt from your black pencil skirt. Slipping your feet out of your heels on your way to the bedroom, your fingers carefully untied your hair, allowing it to fall across your shoulders.

Through the dark home, you found your perfectly made bed as it was sight for sore eyes and a sore body. Climbing over the covers, you didn’t even make it up to where the pillows were before you fell down on the soft comfortable surface. Instantly your eyes closed and your breathing slowed, your arms curled up under you while your body sunk into the soft surface and slowly drifted off to sleep.

Not long after you came home, your boyfriend, Sunggyu came through the door. Flipping on the light by the door, he locked the door behind him, glancing up around the house, he tried to find some sign that you were home.

With you always coming home later and later, he worried about you not getting enough sleep and eventually becoming sick because of all of the long and hard days that you have been putting into work. Scanning the home slowly, he saw your jacket over to the side of the couch and your heels tipped over against the door frame of your bedroom.

A smile came over his lips as he was relieved that he came home after you, for once. Walking over to the side of the couch, he took your jacket and purse, heading back to the coat closet, he hung up your coat and placed your purse in the spot where you always had it. Heading back towards the bedroom, he grabbed your shoes and slowly opened the door, not wanting to disturb you.

Pushing the door open more, he saw your figure laying on the bed, the moonlight casting over your body as he quietly chuckled to himself. Walking inside, he quietly went into the closet and changed into a loose tank top and some sweats that were cut off right above the knee. Placing your heels back in their place, he walked out to the side of the bed while his eyes stayed on yours.

"Baby~" Sunggyu quietly cooed wondering if you were asleep, not replying, he lifted his hand and let his fingertips brush over your hair while he gazed down at you with sympathetic eyes.

"You work too hard, you know that?" He whispered as he carefully crawled into the bed with you. A soft hum came from your lips just after your head moved, he froze for a moment, not wanting to wake you.

His eyes trailed over your exhausted body, with your pastel blue shirt hugging onto your arms tightly, he furrowed his eyebrows together thinking that you would be uncomfortable. Wrapping one arm around you, he slowly rolled you over so he could your shirt. Seeing a white tank top underneath, he carefully took off your shirt without disturbing you and tossed it  off the bed while he slipped off your skirt and it joined your shirt on the floor.

"Is that better?" He whispered before he pressed his lips gently against your forehead. Slowly, you moved your arms and your hands slowly gripped his shirt as he moved closer to you until his body was pressed against yours. Lifting his eyes to the calendar that hung on the wall, he smiled when his eyes found tomorrow’s date and discovered that you had a day off from both jobs.

Wrapping both arms around you and pulling the blankets over the two of you, you instinctively moved towards him while he guided your head under his chin as his fingers gently pet your hair while his eyes, were too, falling from exhaustion.

"Sleep well baby, sleep as long as you need to. I will… be here when… you wake up" He mumbles sleepily.

A smile curled onto his face while he fell asleep content and happy doing what he loved, sleeping, and being with the one he loved, you.