1. The beginning

Day by Day

       It was a warm spring day.  There were lots of kids playing at the playground.  Playing, laughing and smiling, there was this little 4-year-old boy who went up to a girl his age. Helping her get up because she had just fallen down while playing, he helped her up, asking if she was okay, she nodded and smiled at the boy who had just helped her.

          “I’m Sehun”, said the smiling 4-year-old boy putting his hands out.

          “I’m Irene”, she said shyly while taking his hands and looking down at the ground.

          “You want to play?” asked Sehun, she nodded; they went to the playground and started playing. Just by that they became instant friends. After a while Sehun ran to his mom, asking her if they could go for some bubble tea with his new friend, his mom said yes. He then went to Irene and asked Irene’s mom if they could for some bubble tea with him and his mom, Irene’s mom agreed to it and the two 4 year olds were happily walking to the bubble tea shop.

Sehun and Irene both got chocolate because it was their favorite, they were both in love with drinking their bubble tea while Irene and Sehun’s mom were sitting together and were chatting, turns out that they were best friends throughout middle school and high school but they both lost in contact with each other after they graduated, they caught up with their lives and how things went after they graduated, they were also happy because their children’s are friends and that they would gladly see each other more.

 

          As the sun started to disappear they said their goodbyes and promised to meet each other again while the two children’s hugged and also promised that they would play again next time.

It’s been years and Sehun and Irene are still both friends. They became closer and they would always hangout with each other after school and during lunch time, others started thinking that they both like each other because they were really close but Sehun feels something.

He didn’t know when it happened or how it happened, but every time he sees her his heart starts beating fast and he didn’t know what to do. He couldn’t tell her what he truly feels because he didn’t want to ruin their friendship, but what he doesn’t know is that Irene has also started developing some feelings for him, she couldn’t manage to tell him because she doesn’t know if he’ll feel the same and she didn’t want things to be awkward between them.

 

          They are now both in elementary school and just days after Sehun told Irene that he was casted by S.M. Entertainment to be an idol, she was proud of him but something bothered her, she didn’t want to tell him so she just smiled and pretended nothing was wrong. She was really proud of Sehun, she wanted to celebrate the happy moment so she told him that she’ll treat them some bubble tea, but Sehun didn’t let her buy things for him so he made her sit down on a table and suggested that he’ll buy them bubble tea instead because a girl should never pay.

She’s gonna miss that foolishly mannered best friend of hers, but there was nothing she could do, she didn’t have any other choice.